• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The War of Corruption - Campaign 1

In this campaign, the music is entirely custom, all the way through. Also, there are a number of new sound effects. These music and sound effects comprise 90% of the file sizes that you have downloaded. Therefore, you want to be SURE to implement the following setup guidelines in order to have the most ideal sound experience. You must do only a few simple things in the sound options menu for Warcraft III. Firstly, and most importantly:

SET THE VOLUME SLIDERS FOR SOUND EFFECTS AND MUSIC BOTH UP TO 100%! All of the music and sound effects have been adjusted in each map to be in an ideal ratio under the assumption that this is true.

Depending on your sound card, you may need to turn up the volume settings of Windows. To do this, go Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control. Make sure all of the volume sliders there are turned up.
From this point, simply adjust the volume on your actual speakers whenever you feel the need.

Campaign by: M.S. Gotcher
Contents

The War of Corruption - Campaign 1 (Campaign)

Reviews
Craka_J: Well made campaign. Approved. Dr Super Good: Non-Approved again due to lack of icon (possiably curoption).

M

Craka_J: Well made campaign. Approved.

Dr Super Good:
Non-Approved again due to lack of icon (possiably curoption).

NisNamanArhat

N

NisNamanArhat

Does anyone have a working version of the full version? 'Cause all I find on the internet are just beta versions of this. And I played this campaign before and it's really good I must say.

Level 2
Please help ... I'm stucked in the (maybe) the last chapter,
where there is a lot of rolling stone door.
How can I finish this?
I really don't know what to do ...

Level 1
I am stuck at that maze too. Is it even possible to get out? Because I am at the last door, but it can't be opened.

Level 9
I spent two days in the maze level and I have no idea how did I get to the other side lol
this campaign is awesome
I hope there are sequels

Level 2
I spent two days in the maze level and I have no idea how did I get to the other side lol
this campaign is awesome
I hope there are sequels

I hope if there's another sequels comming out,dont make the maze pls
lol

Level 3
this campaign is awesome
I hope there are sequels
I was searching for any contacts to author. The only things I've found are campaing archives at several file storages.
No word 'bout an email or wc3 forums author's accounts.
But there are logically can be campaigns for another races that we've seen in the cinematics in this interesting world. But nobody has made Second Chapter.
----
Oh, and I'm translating this camp' just now to RUS.

Level 9
I've replayed the campiagn again and I'm stuck at the maze level lol
anyone please help i'm going insane

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Why do people use the same things as in Warcraft and call it a different universe? I don't know. Warcraft is not just Tolkien inspired. It's much more to the point where it's not a ripoff.
The campaign has some diversity in what the gameplay is concerned. There are some neat ideas but in what the story is concerned, half of the game you just try to catch one nutcase.

intro:
-ends with victory although a cinematic map

chap1:
-Blue Fire is basically Inner Fire; the icon colour change is only aesthetic
-usually campaign maps have black mask not fog of war
-units selected during the scene when they reach the Hall of War zone
-there are crates with indefinite hit points in the above mentioned place
-some elven houses are units others are doodads
-some parts of the map look unpolished (eg: no doodads and one tile)
-so many tomes and levels that the hero becomes a demigod; plus Brilliance Aura with Healing Wave that decreases mana cost per level at some point
-not all units are moved past the bridge; the worker remained behind
-idle worker's DISBTN looks like a Wisp
-generally, units can remain selected during cinematic sequences
-the map design shouts linearity

interlude:
-everybody looks like everybody

chap2:
-why have the upgrades occupy most of the space in that building instead of having them come one after one as they're researched like in the normal game?
-the Deep Sea Fog upgrade is not positioned under the Mist Armour upgrade
-mines have too much gold
-the map has been discovered after the cinematic where the transparent Keeper of the Grove exploded 99% of my army and almost killed the hero
-units are not paused during cinematic scenes, they move freely and buildings still train units
-it would be very nice to see the score at the end of each level like in the normal WcIII campaign; I usually like to see the time spent playing
-not one optional quest

chap3:
-why is the Etheriarch talking to himself?
-it's a bit confusing with the changing upkeep; last level 81 food marked the low upkeep
-if that mongrel ghost is so powerful to teleport wherever it wants and teleport other things wherever it wants and explode things wherever then why is it running like a frightened dog instead of teleporting Dias underwater or into a volcano or something?

chap4:
-what's the point of having a summoner create a Healing Ward when he is near a Fountain of Health?
-no idea how creeps can become powerful allies aside from Runes of Rebirth
-there's no need to establish a base as the level can be won only using the hero

chap5:
-two of the three Stone Titans came on the same lane
-some towers look very similar
-Summoner of Gaea and Summoner of Earth; isn't that the same thing?
-second giants are sea creatures... LoL? Then more sea creatures but they insult them in general!?
-at some point there will be no trees left; not sure if intentional or not; maybe a way to trade gold for lumber (half the amount received or something? Or make enemy units give lumber too when killed); basically built one Cosmic tower around the fifteenth wave and then kept my 1500 lumber for repairs; there are no towers that cost only gold
-Alchemists don't cast Slow if the spell is set on autocast

-one of the Colossi (the one on the right) doesn't have the fire effect on it from the beginning; it appears after it starts moving
-again two of the giants came on the same side
-from wave 25 it's bad if you didn't build the best tower near the building of interest as there would be no lumber to build another one, not to mention build enough lesser ones and be able to repair
-this level is too long... and gets boring because there's nothing to do but wait instead of constantly upgrading and building (keeping the player occupied)
-can't even repair when many melee units are attacking the main building; autorepair seems to have problems working

chap6:
-Elixir of Angel use can be abused especially when one building can hold a maximum of 5; two of the mines in the enemy base can be harvested (that's ~800k gold)
-I think Frost Diamond's Immolation-like spell should have the effect/buff attached to the origin of the unit not the head or chest
-that's some sweet puzzle/maze right there
-but after, can't destroy the Water Rocks to get the goodies (elixers); A-ha! Water Elementals can destroy them!
-my favourite level

chap7:
-everybody just talks to prove who is the better kid; why are they there; nothing seems to be suspicious; they just throw random threats at one another; after all the defeats the transparent Keeper of the Grove has suffered, he still thinks he's being fooled and that he'll win
-you can just rush them with your hero... finished in less than 10 mins
-the ending... no comment...

3.25/5.
The War of Corruption (Revived)

Level 1
This is very probably the best campaign i have ever played. It was so nice and also thanks to sound that has been used in, I was so amased that i had to export it from the editor. i am looking forward to episode II.
Thanks.

Level 2
i believe this campaign is a must play and with there was more of it :c

very hard one requires a lot of strategical thinking in its game play and i liked the maze it took me 45 minute to solve since the author has predicted the way we will look at it and made shit load of mini puzzles of where and how to reach somewhere leaving some places to seem like they will allow you to arrive to the end but you cannot enter them by noway so you have to look on the other sides until you find a working one, you need to do that like 30 time which makes it easy to forget what you have had in your mind and is impossible without finding some clues by walking randomly until you reach an interesting point of it that you can finally use the the thoughts you have made :/

Level 5
Great campaign!, the music, the terrain, the custom races and story are really good!

The story is very well made for a continuation, rising expectations until the end, the heroes at max cap of 50 levels and the upgrades of the regular units make them valuable so they can take enemy heroes at max level, the campaing is very well balanced.

And the maze on mission 7 was really fun, I solved it in 15 minutes top, really easy to understand

And the custom music, oh lord was really good, I shazamed I think half of them.
Btw when is part 2 coming out?

Played on v1.21

EDIT: Damn after reading the comments I see lots of people having a headache with the maze, if you want I can make a video solving the maze.

Last edited:
Level 5
Russian team translated this campaign some time ago, and also improving the visuals, more music, mroe custom objects and textures for units and buildings (Mostly for you main faction), and ipgraded HUD. (For example). Wish they would put an updated version, but for English players as well.
And more screens. One. Two. Three.

Campaign itself is very good. Tower Defense mission is also very neat. Also, the maze mission on russian version can be done easy, if you find a map in this labyrinth.

(Also wish Jayborino would try out this campaign)

Level 24
Hello, I made a video about this campaing, if you wanna know why I give this score, in summary, I liked the setting and some moments, but the progress is slow and this could ruin the enjoyment of several chapters, especially the chapters 3 and 5, those were completly boring, if you wanna more details, check the video:

Level 23
Some notes I wrote down

Interlude
Apparently main character had no idea legions of enemies were surrounding him, why was he so sure?

Ch1
The set hint about coins in troll huts, hiring workers ect appears twice, once before troll optional quest cinematic and once after.
Didnt find the elf prisoner for the side quest.
Not sure if the bridge at end was improperly fitted because you wanted to show it was a trap or if it was unintentional.
Final fight didnt teleport all my troops across the bridge, so i was forced to fight solo while they sat on the other side.
There was no black mask for this map.

Interlude
Models missing (everyone) not sure if cause im on reforged, but it didn't bother me at all.

Ch2
The custom music throughout this campaign is reaally good- it makes me nostalgic for some reason, plus the world building that people did 20 + years ago stands up to projects even made nowadays.
After the cinematic where the enemy hero summons the tree army, the entire map is revealed.

Ch3
Pretty good mission, even though no hero. Actually it was quite creative.
At end, the entire base tped, even my 100 towers protecting the hero.

Interlude
Again same thing (models missing). If this issue is reforged related, ignore this comment completely, but the fact is the models work in a later cinematic, plus they are not even custom models, so I would assume its not a reforged related issue, but thats just my opinion.

Ch4
The hero seems only a bit miffed with the fact that half the troop didnt survive the transportation spell. Is that much death acceptable?
I like how the 3 summoned creatures sent against us all require a different unit to counter them (bear, hawk etc).

Ch5
Very good TD, very long mission. I am really impressed your managed to craft a 40+ wave TD mission in such high quality.
Requires good management of the peasants, and of the 1 time tree regrowth ability.

Ch6
Our hero is powerful enough that even with mana burns on the druid-claw units of the enemy, he can still easily overpower most armies, especially if we have been collecting all tomes and items along the way.

Ch7
This kind of maze is not my thing.

Interlude
Now, all the models of the conspirators are visable, unlike the previous interludes (they are all the same model, implying they have all been misguiding the high priests of the other nations, same as with our hero's spiritual guide.)

Ch8
Definitely the highlight, a 1v1v1v1 with enemy heroes, I enjoyed this map alot.
The ending implies either the gods our high priests worship are in league with the demons, or they are precisely the demon spiritural guides we have been seeing in the interludes all along.

General Points
I was really impressed with this campaign, it seemed like the start of a huge saga which probably won't ever see the light of day, but I really enjoyed the universe this campaign was set in. All the missions were different enough from each other that players likely will stay interested in them, which is great.

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3.

Level 4
Really enjoyed this campaign. Especially the variety of different missions, with a special mention to the tower defense one. Would like to play more stuff like that mission if anyone knows of similar maps/campaigns.

All the missions were challenging in their own way.

Level 13
The story may not be fascinating, but the synchronicity between the music and scenes is beautiful! While some parts are quite easy, there are also challenging levels. Overall, the campaign combines a little bit of everything against the backdrop of beautiful exotic terrain and excellently selected classical music, I had a great time. Thanks.

100 Satisfaction.png