• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Corruption of the Prince

Corruption Of The Prince
- Description -
A following campaign with storyline between Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos campaign "The Scourge of Lordaeron" and "Path of the Damned".

Arthas's captain, falric, learned about Arthas's disappereance. Therefore, he had decided to find him out, but Arthas......

- Characters -
Captain Falric - Arthas's captain, a brave warrior. He is leading the expeditions when Arthas is not here.

Baelgun Flamebeard - Murdain Bronzebeard's lieutenant. He will take command of the remaining dwarves and led them deeper into the heart of the frozen land, the nerubian's home, Azjol-Nerub.

Arthas Menethil - After he finished his revenges for killing Mal'Gains, he disappeared in the frozen land.

- Features -
1. Style of Blizzard Warcraft 3 Campaign
2. 4 maps, all playable
3. Several boss fight included
4. You can choose variability difficulty, easy, normal and hard
5. Different Ending
6. JASS AI
7. Custom Spells with triggers

- Screenshots -
Refer to the bottom of the post

- Change log -
1.0 - released
1.0a - fixed gameplay, spells, and reduced difficult
1.1 - improved cinematic and spells, fixed bugs and some grammar

- Credits -
Models
war3campImported\ArrowVolleyV2.MDX - Em!
war3campImported\ArrowVolleyV2_Portrait.mdx - Em!
war3campImported\Captain.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Captain_Portrait.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Deadeye.mdx - Tarrasque
war3campImported\GeneralHeroGlow.mdx - N/A
war3campImported\HeroDeathKnight.mdx - Alastor
war3campImported\Mounted Captain.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Mounted Captain_Portrait.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\MountedSwordsman.mdx - Mephestrial

Textures
Deadeye.blp - Tarrasque

Icons
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDeadeye.blp - Tarrasque
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrostmourneVer2.blp - stefanstan95
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDeadeye.blp - Tarrasque
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNFrostmourneVer2.blp - stefanstan95
UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\SSCscorescreen-hero-captain.blp - DEB1234

Also, thanks for Blizzard Entertainment and 2P Campaign creator, TheSpoon

- Author's note -
Please never mind my grammar, there should be quite many grammar mistake :p You can point it out to me. Gameplay should be balanced, and I'm not going to do many changes unless it's a bug. Also, this post is my first post on hive!
Contents

Corruption of the Prince (Campaign)

Level 2
PLEASE let me proofread and fix all the grammatical mistakes. This is unreadable and causes a huge distraction while playing.

Level 3
Hello Deb, just played your campaign and only found a bug in chapter 4 were captain Falric "mount" ability doesn't show, being unable to unmount or mount falric untill you waste another level up point in the skill again. Also I found some grammar mistakes and storyline could be improved by adding more depth to cinematics and dialog, perhaps adding more camera changes during the cinematics. But aside that, the gameplay and terrain are very well done.
Highly recommended, thanks you very much for doing this. Three hours of gameplay that are definitely worth it. 4/5

Level 5
I will play this campaign later for sure. I played a lot of campaigns 3-4 years ago and then stopped for a while.
Now im back and registred here :)

edit1: I found A LOT of grammar mistakes :D. I am not the best in english but some sentences are very wrong built. Otherwise im enjoying it so far. I love exploring northrend.
edit2: In the third mission I was going to activate the green runes and there were endless spiders coming out of the caves and how the fuck are you supposed to go through it? I even cheated and died cuz of the spikes xD.
edit3: I give you 3/5

Last edited:
Level 7
Alright, I have just finished the campaign and here are my thoughts and feedback, I'll comment generally on the campaign and then each mission:

General:
Terrain (10/10):
The terrain was so damn amazing, it's been a long time since I have seen something so beautiful. Nowdays, most campaigns I see and play just don't use the blizzard cliffs and terrains and focus mainly on the main path and some dead ends on the way but you made the terrain look real, the areas were so well done, many paths, narrow passages, wide areas, trees, ice thingies, just... amazing!

Gameplay (5,5/10)
About the gameplay, I enjoyed the game to some extent, but I'll describe more in the missions down bellow.

Customization (3/10):
We get to play standart RoC humans with the custom unit Dwarf car, which in ok I suppose (and really powerful :D ) but maybe you could use more custom units for dwarfs, not just priests and footmen. There are Falric and Arthas as custom heroes, which is not really that much, maybe Baelgun could be more original as the basic mountain king hero is just... basic. It wasn't bad but it was just not that hard to play as he doesn't really have hard-to-use spells.

Cinematics and texts (1/10):
Like... what the hell, man? I had to focus hard on the text and still I didn't understand half of it. The cinematic texts were not really understandable, the spell and unit texts (for the custom ones) were somewhat understandable but full of mistakes and just... comon. If you need help, I can help you rewrite it all because it needs it.

Missions:
First (7/10):
The frist mission was pretty straigh forward - go and find Arthas. I liked how you made it so that we really have to search and not just point click on a circle and wait. The area was beautiful, the terrain realisticly narrow and wild. I disliked just one thing - we get to have gold and wood to buy mercenaries, but we also find troops along the way. The moment I reached the first merc camp and I saw the mercs I though that there might be something better in the next one but by that time I had food population over the limit and about 30 units (which made it impossible to fight in some areas effectivly). I recommend you reduce the amount of units we receive and deal with the food cap.

Second (7/10):
This mission was nice as well, a bit similar with the human campaign with the dwarven base, but sure, why not. I liked how you made the terrain again so well woven and added some mobs around the map. What was bad, however, was finding the gold mine. I thought that the base, that you are supposed to destroy and overtake, is the final one and so I walked around not knowing where the gold mine could be. I also didn't really like how you used the same model of nerubian buildings for everything. That felt just too plain. I recommend you make the first base smaller, so it's obvious that it's the target of attack and that you add some custom nerubian models.

Third (5/10):
Azjol-Nerub is really well built. I liked how you even leave and reenter it. The units are pretty basic as well, some mechanisms and teleports and traps - it was nice, I really loved the water trap. But what really wasn't nice were the moving platforms. They are SO ANNYOING to deal with. I also didn't really understand how the humans go stuck in there, that wasn't explained. I disliked that you get to control the big monsters you kill on the way. They are just too powerful and again, not really explained how they did it. Again, bad moving through narrow passages but I suppose I was just overprotective with my units. Lastly, the bosses were nice, though the last one, even with full army, was too much. Spell immunity is a bi- ehm.. female dog... I recommend you remove the rebirth runes.

Fourth (4/10):
This mission was too plain. We have a base again and now we have only one straigh path through a HUGE undead base in the way to reach the circle, while Arthas is buffed as hell and kills his units too quickly. I didn't enjoy this mission because nothing felt right. I recommend you look more into it and change it a bit. I liked though the different ending cinematics.

So there it is, the final rating is 3/5.
Honestly, it was great to play it, it was fun, but it was also a pain in the butt. If you correct all the wrong grammar and make the cinematics less... childish and more serious, the rating would be better.
If you need help with the texts, just ask, I'll gladly help you.

Level 9
It was a fun and entertaining bite-sized campaign. A lore-friendly story with Captain Falric as he deals with Arthas' madness and his attempt to return to Lordaeron.

+Pros:
- An entertaining lore-friendly story
- Good maps that feel alive, are well populated and decently challenging
- Good and rewarding side-missions
+Cons:
- Lack of hints during key events that might force you to backtrack (Ex: Arthas Boss fight that wasn't announced and I had to backtrack a fair distance)
- Could have used more custom models to give it a unique feel (personal opinion, it didn't affect the overall score)
- Grammar errors

There really isn't that much to tell or complain about the campaign except the mistakes in the character dialogues, quest/map description and the grammar issues that pepper the entire story and campaign from start to finish. Personally, I believe the story is fittingly sized in 4 missions since it delivers the story and action successfully.
Overall I am giving it a 3.9/5 rating just for the action, map design, scripts and story.

Level 4
ok, if u wish helping me to proofreading. and the map is not protected. also the story is too suck. i'll be thankful if you can help.

I know nothing about modding or mapmaking, but I'm an expert in Warcraft lore (have read all the novels) and am good in English. If you are interested in making this close to lore canon, I can help you completely rewrite the dialogues, story and grammar.

Level 5
Short but solid campaign I must say, really entertaining, the gameplay and terrain are good, no bugs and the variety of difficulty giving you different items is a good idea, everything is good except for the spelling errors, everything else is 5/5

Level 4
Hey folks, I left this game for long and mostly likely I won't update this campaign in the future, as the campaign stored in my broken computer lost and I didn't play Warcraft 3 for years. In other words, I'm unable to edit the campaign right now.

Also, I heard that there was a remake of the game, so logically the campaign don't work well on the newer versions. And some complained that the campaign contains thousands of grammatical mistakes, resulting in the difficulty of understanding the storyline. If my memory serves, some bugs exists in current version uploaded to this forum. For example, in chapter 4, Arthas's units should keep following Arthas, instead of standing on the places they summoned or trained. And years ago, I updated the storyline and modified the game difficulties so to make sure that the campaign is challenging, as well as other stuffs like in chapter 3, water trap shouldn't instant kill any units after the area is flooded. However, the latest version I updated is now lost since the computer malfunctioned and I didn't uploaded it to this forum.

But regrettably I won't make any changes for the campaign anymore even if I have chances, since I won't have spare time to contribute on it and I have other goals for my life, and most importantly the campaign is now lost and I won't play Warcraft 3. And btw, if anyone would like to remake my campaign, I'm welcome. :D

Lastly, I'm grateful to all players for finding my campaign entertaining and thanks all your responses, giving me your ideas to facilitate the gameplay of the campaign.

Level 3
Fun little campaign that consists of 4 missions and it has a blizzard-like feel to it (I won't bash the grammar since it's not that detrimental to the enjoyment of the game, you might even have a few chuckles). I have a feeling that it hasn't been tested enough on hard difficulty.

First chapter boss fight can be barely completed (for the 2nd ending), requiring multiple loads from a save file, but it's an okay mission nonetheless.
Second chapter is well balanced even on hard and I enjoyed it.
On the third chapter you might come upon a couple stops along the way and I ultimately wasn't able to finish it. There were two huge obstacles, the one being rune area where you can't get past absurd amount of spiders blocking the way, spawning constantly, but after quite a few game reloads it can be beaten. Then there's the skeleton boss, which I couldn't beat after numerous attempts, even though I lost maybe a unit or two up until then and I haven't made it past that point.

All in all, I don't believe that this campaign will be updated, but I'm writing this little "review" to let the future players consider the difficulty they are going to choose and maybe even hear a solution from someone who knows how to get past that point on hard. If map is played on normal, I believe you will have a fun experience and I would recommend this campaign.

Level 1
It was a good campaign, was good to know the after math after arthas killed malganis. Falric is a chad

Level 23
Some notes I wrote down

Ch1
I wish we had vision over the alliance expedition base.
Due to no healing options early, I had to keep sending my units back to that single priest in the human base for healing.
Very tight passages in the caves makes it very difficult to fight, and very hard to fight creeps especially when they are killing our army with range while our melee are blocked from attacking.
Really wasnt sure if I had messed up when Arthas suddenly resurrected and was about to kill me, haha.

Ch2
Baelgun and Falric keep basically saying the same thing over 7 lines "That Arthas betrayed them" equivalent over and over again during start cinematic.
Nerubian bases have no enemy heroes, and don't pose much threat even on hard mode.

Ch3
Map was in my opinion far too big with too many creeps, making it a huge slog. I think it could have been condensed a lot and still kept some of the cool puzzle stuff.
No mention of forgotten ones at the end? Since you decided to explore Baelgun as a character and his background to before we meet him in Frozen Throne, I thought this would have been a good opportunity to show their first encounter with the forgotten ones / blocking off the lower levels.
Anub Rekhan refers to Baelgun as human.

Ch4
I thought we would see Arthas using Frostmourne to cut trees to reach the ships.
Maybe use different undead heroes? In both base building missions, we just see Liches, nothing else.

General Points
A pretty cool short campaign. Seeing deadeye in there reminded me of the pain he caused during Spoon's 2p addition mission :)
I think the melee missions could do with a bit of variety, otherwise its pretty good.

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3.