1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Corruption of the Prince

Submitted by DEB1234
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Corruption Of The Prince
- Description -
A following campaign with storyline between Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos campaign "The Scourge of Lordaeron" and "Path of the Damned".

Arthas's captain, falric, learned about Arthas's disappereance. Therefore, he had decided to find him out, but Arthas......

- Characters -
Captain Falric - Arthas's captain, a brave warrior. He is leading the expeditions when Arthas is not here.

Baelgun Flamebeard - Murdain Bronzebeard's lieutenant. He will take command of the remaining dwarves and led them deeper into the heart of the frozen land, the nerubian's home, Azjol-Nerub.

Arthas Menethil - After he finished his revenges for killing Mal'Gains, he disappeared in the frozen land.

- Features -
1. Style of Blizzard Warcraft 3 Campaign
2. 4 maps, all playable
3. Several boss fight included
4. You can choose variability difficulty, easy, normal and hard
5. Different Ending
6. JASS AI
7. Custom Spells with triggers

- Screenshots -
Refer to the bottom of the post

- Change log -
1.0 - released
1.0a - fixed gameplay, spells, and reduced difficult
1.1 - improved cinematic and spells, fixed bugs and some grammar

- Credits -
Models
war3campImported\ArrowVolleyV2.MDX - Em!
war3campImported\ArrowVolleyV2_Portrait.mdx - Em!
war3campImported\Captain.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Captain_Portrait.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Deadeye.mdx - Tarrasque
war3campImported\GeneralHeroGlow.mdx - N/A
war3campImported\HeroDeathKnight.mdx - Alastor
war3campImported\Mounted Captain.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\Mounted Captain_Portrait.mdx - Tranquil
war3campImported\MountedSwordsman.mdx - Mephestrial

Textures
Deadeye.blp - Tarrasque

Icons
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDeadeye.blp - Tarrasque
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFrostmourneVer2.blp - stefanstan95
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNDeadeye.blp - Tarrasque
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNFrostmourneVer2.blp - stefanstan95
UI\Glues\ScoreScreen\SSCscorescreen-hero-captain.blp - DEB1234

Also, thanks for Blizzard Entertainment and 2P Campaign creator, TheSpoon

- Author's note -
Please never mind my grammar, there should be quite many grammar mistake :p You can point it out to me. Gameplay should be balanced, and I'm not going to do many changes unless it's a bug. Also, this post is my first post on hive!
Contents

Corruption of the Prince (Campaign)

1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, just tested the map here's my review:

+ Good terrain

+ Good Storyline
    + Good presentation
    + Well-made quests and triggers
    + Entertaining maps

- Grammar Mistakes (Totally unacceptable ask @renegade to help you with proofreading)

- Only 4 missions

Overall, I'll rate this map 3/5 vote for awaiting update, and +Rep, will change my rating when changes are applied, you can also tell me if you're dissatisfied with my rating and comment and I'll gladly remove them.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, it's not finished or what? Why the DO NOT APPROVE YET message?

Some screenshots wouldn't hurt.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    chap1:
    -the Counter Attack spell is weird; Falric disappears for 0.5-1 secs and then attacks a random unit that attacked him even if that unit is not at close range
    -play music through Play Music not Play Sound
    -"Arthas into the cave? What's he going to do?" I don't know, maybe, hide?

chap2:
    -cliche saving Falric from certain death...
    -I think Baelgun was referring to Lord Muradin not Baelgun?
    -basically Falric's Shield Bash is a Storm Bolt
    -Murdain's eh? Sound familiar, maybe, Muradin?

chap3:
    -not sure how those dwarves and humans got inside the ruins; maybe through other entrances
    -HINT: save your game before it's too late as you'll fight a boss; that should come earlier as I've only had some seconds to save while the screen was fading to black and the cinematic mode was preparing to start
    -you get no restoration after defeating the skeleton boss (purple) especially when 90% of the player's army is dead
    -Anub'Rekhan fight is too powerful; there are too many Crypt Fiends and the hero is at one point left alone vs. fiends and the boss (that regenerates its life to full from time to time; not to mention the spike field); it was luck that I had a big Magnataur and some other units from Rebirth Runes and only attacked the Crypt Lord; otherwise...

chap4:
    -well, basically "winning" or losing is the same thing as the result/end would be the same
    -storywise, it's weird that the first time Arthas didn't turn Falric into an undead and he was saved... Anyways, I think it makes more sense if first Arthas became undead himself to be able to turn others; I have doubts he was the one to turn Falric and the others in the first place as Arthas was just blooming his unholy powers; I guess the Lich King turned those on Northrend into undead, then Arthas went with them to take Lordaeron and by the time he reached Silvermoon he was powerful enough to "turn" Sylvanas into a Banshee

-where are the credits?
    -what's that about different ending? How do you access that, depending on the difficulty?

4.25/5 for encouragement. There are good gameplay ideas (my favourite level is the 3rd). However, the story is seriously lacking depth and sometimes realistic logic...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your comments. Second post here for me!
    Overall, the major issues is grammar, sorry about that! The gameplay seems doesn't have too many problems but only some mistakes.

Yes, there is indeed different ending in chapter 4. The first one is good ending, to access it, defeat Arthas in the first mission. Hmm, Arthas may hard for you. However, it's possible to kill him in easy for some of you. And Arthas will be saved in the good ending. For the bad ending, just order Falric to die in Arthas fight. Falric will be turned into undead.

More serects for the story can be found. If you beat the campaign on hard difficulty( Need to be defeated one by one from the first chapter to the last chapter ). If you replay it, then you can know what the frostmonure told to Arthas. And yes, it's odd enough if Arthas didn't turn falric into an undead at the first time. I'm gonna to plan a reason. Most likely is that frostmonure thought that Falric must loyal to Prince Arthas even if he is a dead. This will be explained in the frostmonure's voice. Speech and grammar will be improved. Actually, I hate doing cinematic! That's why the story in chapter 3 is lacking, and I didn't have too many ideas that I should do for the cinematic, but I will add them later.

For the gameplay, some spells and minor mistakes will be fixed. "you get no restoration after defeating the skeleton boss (purple) especially when 90% of the player's army is dead" You had not noticed that there is a heal fountain. It located in the east of the boss fight area. I may have to add visibility around the fountain so that you can see it.

Since I'm lack of time, the next update may come late (probably few months, or even more). Once all the things are well-made enough, I may remove "do not approve" message. Gameplay should be good enough. Therefore, I will improve the story at the first place. If you have any ideas for the story, feel free to comment!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really!? I thought it was supposed for Falric to be defeated there. I thought it was quite improbable to kill Arthas.
    That's not a good thing. You're supposed to be able to finish the game all ways on all difficulties.
    Well, Arthas defeated Falric in the first chapter, Baelgun killed Anub'Rekhan in the third and in the fourth chapter, I got to the circle before Arthas but Falric still died. The second chapter, I reckon you have to win so there's no choice there.
    Me too but it's really makes the story awful without them. Cinematic scenes are the best opportunities to explain things.
    Oops.
    Yeah, it's really fine. I'd approve the campaign just for that.
    Well, I first need to know what you planned and what you feel should happen.

Not just that he might have not been able to but why leave him alive? His glimpses of humanity stopped him from doing so and he just ran blindly. But, a sword like that does not just cut you, it strikes the cold of the dead into the opponent and Falric was no paladin mind you. What remedy to heal him and so fast/soon?

5. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's possible to kill Arthas on normal difficulty, but you need some technology. Hard is almost impossible. Therefore, I should reduce Arthas's "cheats". To defeat him, you first need to find a ice shard. Summon it in the fight, this should greatly help to kill him. Shield bash is powerful for 1 vs 1, try not to use court attack frequently. Due to the maximum of Falric's mana is less, it's so easily to run out of his mana. So you better to bring some mana potions. Arthas also would use some potions, so be careful. Note that he also have a Ankh of Reincarnation on higer difficulties. It should be challenging for some of you. That's awesome because the good ending won't be easy to access, then the story must be more entertaining.

The different ending makes some stroylines suck, lol. But I still want to keep that feature. Therefore, I have to add quite a lot complement for it. I'm still considering some ideas. Falric saved by Baelgun at first, frostmourne hadn't fully control his mind. Frostmourne felt that he was a incompetent warrior, lead Arthas to leave. But if Falric was still alive, and stopped Prince Arthas to leave. Then frostmonure felt he was a great warrior, and Arthas had absorbed much enough souls, so he was enough power to turn them into undeads. Sadly, this is hard to explain in the cinematic. The story will be improved in next version.

6. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could criticize this campaign for the dialogue being barely understandable, or how the protagonist has really only 2 useful abilities out of 4. However, all that doesn’t really matter as this is a really well made campaign.
    Definitely the best one I have had the pleasure of playing in the last few months. Take what you will from that observation.

There are two things I really enjoyed about this campaign
    1) How open it often is in terms of level design. For example, the first mission opens with forest to explore, there are random creep camps to loot as well as a persistent side objective that you can pursue. Also, creeps camps actually reward you for actually finding and killing them.
    In short, the game gives you options to explore, while at the same time keeping the path and objective tight enough that you never quite feel lost.

2) That puzzle/mission solutions were very intuitive; there is a visual or sound que whenever anything of significance occurs. Places and items of importance are visually distinct without being explicitly labelled so. The game encourages you to try things out without having to worry about whether you got the “right” answer of not.
    Combine these two things and the result is a campaign that is very enjoyable to explore (both in terms of geography and mission objective solutions) while at the same time having next to 0 handholding.
    Most of the missions have no directions given, yet I never got lost or felt so.

I also liked how the custom enemy types often had very significant, game changing abilities while at the same time coming across as very well balanced.
    Also the boss-fight are excellently designed and very fun to play; which is unusual for campaign type maps I might add.
    The Azjol Nerub level may also be one my favourite campaign levels in wc3 custom map bar none.

7. Pirvan Ionut

Pirvan Ionut

Resources:
    Resources:
    great campaign
    I think I know a name for a new campaign Azeroth Return of Sargeras

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Boring.... so cliche and repetitive... But, probably somebody'll do it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  9. Alliance10

Alliance10

Resources:
    Resources:
    i found a bug but i'm not sure when i play the chapter 2 after finding a gold mine it automatically ends the game.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you mean "Arthas's captain, Falric, learned about Arthas's DISAPPEARANCE. Therefore, he had decided to find him out, but Arthas......" (Your "falric" didn't use capital)
    And anyway, you should do some screenshots so that people can actually see what does it look like from the outside. It's like introducing your Campaign. It your screenshots are good, people will more likely to try it.

11. B22

B22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, also some lore correction. Falric and Marwynn followed Arthas the whole time without being turned into Undead of Death Knight. They even aided Arthas in killing his father.
    If you saw the Warcraft 3 RoC Human Ending Cinematic. You can see two robed guys following Arthas, that is Falric and Marywnn.

12. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, really? It didn't happen to me, well, it will be fixed.

I will fix the map descriptions and add 16 screenshots here once the update is done. But I'm quite busy for my life, it may take long for the next update.

Yes, I know. But I'm just planned for Falric, there's no story for Marywnn in this campaign.

13. DarkSword123

DarkSword123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dude I love the campaign but something just are extremely annoying to be specific it's chapter 2 the events trigger without even completing any of it you have a lot to fix in this map dude both grammar and many other things

14. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, but can u give me some examples about what is bothering u? of course, i know my grammar is bad, and that's true. but i don't know what u said that ch2 isn't complete, plz tell me the specific problem.

15. DarkSword123

DarkSword123

Resources:
    Resources:
    OK here's the problem i didn't even find the gold mine and finish the mission
    also i didn't even destroy the nerubian base and win the chapter anyway seriously i like your campaign but the triggers are so bad i'm not gonna bother by telling you that you have horrible grammar but still the campaign is good and i don't wanna make you feel bad so there that's was the problem

16. Alliance10

Alliance10

Resources:
    Resources:
    That 's the same problem i encountered while playing the chapter 2 it's like the triggers is automatic

17. DarkSword123

DarkSword123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or early trigger actually i have never encountered that while playing the rest of other two chapter but what bug me the most was the second chapter

18. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry about that. This version is old, of course there are many bugs. i have updated it but still not finish, and now i don't have much time for it plus i'm lazy to update this campaign.

19. DEB1234

DEB1234

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's so embarrassing that about 4000 people had played my suck version campaign......

But now I finally fixed it, although not a big update. Also, it still contains several grammar mistakes. but i sure bugs are all fixed.

I hope this project contains no bug in that version, and i have a idea that it will be fun if my map can be made 2p coop mode.