• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The War For Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
War For Fuel
Oil, what civilation as we know it depends on. So what would happen to civilation if it ran out. The year is 2024 and this is what happens. Oil is running out. Countries are eyeing each other over the last oil fields in the world. The world is a powder keg ready to blow. It all started in the summer of 2008 when demand became higher then supply. To fill the demand they started pumping more oil. Oil jumped form 70 dallors a barrel to 200 plus. There was no longer enough oil for everyone. In 2012 the depression hit africa ran out of food and then so did america. People stoped trying to do anything aobut the problem and just tried ot survive. Then In 2014 the United States protected its oil fields by lunching a tactical nukes. Then the major powers of the world created missile defence systems removing the threat of long range nuclear attack. The wars will now be fought by conventional armies. Then the major powers started making alliances and building up the their armies. The fuse is lit and war is about to begian
The answer we have found to the question "what would happen if it ran out" seems to be that men fight over it till the last drop

Units

Regular - Basic soldier
Rocket Trooper - anti vehicle
Sniper Team - long ranged personal killer
Helicopter - transport / gunship helicopters use large ammounts of fuel
Planes - bomber uses large ammounts of fuel
Tank- strong fast and heavly armored uses fuel
Refueling truck - refills tanks that have run out of fuel in the battlefeild

more units to come when i get ideas and or tihnk of more

all vehicles will use oil which costs alot it is the main resouce you get oil from oil wells

Any ideas would be nice

Suggested Stuff
Infantry carriers- can attack while moving
suggested by smily132
Ranbom oil strikes suggested by TheDivineBoss
Bomber Plane - has X charges of bombs and can bomb and area until the charges are gone, then it will have to the return to Y area that can refill its fuel and recharge the bombs
Jeep- you have to mount 2 regulars in it, theres one that drives and another one that fires a biig machine gun
bunker suggested by aznsteph

if i use ur suggestion i will put ur name in the map as like an idea giver

Last edited:
Level 4
the oil crisis should tie into the fuel crisis, which from the sound of the units it doesn't sound like your doing it quite enough.

Unit ideas:
-Infantry carriers that can attack while moving

i guess thats it for now lol

Level 34
Well, maybe random events like:

''We struck oil, extra oil to our team''

''Terrorists blew up an oil referinry of us, we lost x amounts of oil''

etc.

Level 4
looks like an interresting concept, heres two unit ideas :
1-Bomber Plane, has X charges of bombs and can bomb and area until the charges are gone, then it will have to the return to Y area that can refill its fuel and recharge the bombs
2-Jeep, you have to mount 2 regulars in it, theres one that drives and another one that fires a biig machine gun

and heres a building idea :

Defensive Bunker, you can put over 4 regulars or Sniper Team or Rocket Trooper in it buts its all the same thing, theyre will be X numbers of machine guns firing depending on the number of soldiers inside, when the Bunker is destroyed, the units inside will die

Level 4
We need to think about what war will be like in 2024 to really come up with more ideas. We need more techologically advanced things

Level 13
well are you sure i mean the depression hits in 2012 and not much else is done but trying to survive also im going to upload the models i ahve now if you guys no of any better models or for models i dotn ahve could you plz send me the link

Level 11
Yes blame everything on America, we get our ideas from U.K. you know, we were the rebels of Great Britain lol.
BTW just becausey ou can shoot a nuke out of the sky, doesn't mean your safe, besides nukes are droped out of planes so they can't be shot out of the sky. Once destroyed it would be the same as nuking the place it's in, and still cause a temporarily nuclear winter.
Fuel idea is real nice.

BTW, basically the war in middle east... is for oil.

Have a vehicle, or a team that can deploy oil gear, to dig for oil.
Have stealth jets, or helicopters, they have in real life that are super quiet, that can go behind enemy lines and steal oil.

Level 4
Oh great.. here comes the controversy :thumbs_down: Gallin already had an hour long fight ingame over wheter this would happen, he was fighting with our friend who had a more realistic situation over what would happen. Now your gonna go and start saying the war in the middle east is for oil, thats just going to provoke more nastiness in him or someone else.

Aside from that

piplines? Not sure exactly how you would do that or how they would work but its just an idea

Level 24
"Then In 2014 the United States protected its oil fields by lunching a tactical nukes."
A couple of questions:
First of all how do tactical nukes protect your oil fields? And why would you lunch them?
Second, When I click on the model images why the #&%@ do I get a bunch of random crap popups.

Status
Not open for further replies.