• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Oil & Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
About the oil thing, hasn't anyone taken highschool science yet? scientists back in the 60's and 70's knew that around 2100 there would be no more oil left in the world if we keep using as much as we are, and nowadays we use a lot more oil than we did back then. The thing is, oil is a FINITE resource, meaning that there isnt infinite amounts of it. It is made when animals and plants die and their remains decompose and liquify and are stored for millions of years. So basically, we are gonna have to switch to a different source pretty darn soon.

What new source should that be?

I think either Hydrogen fuel cells or Biodeisel are good options, since it just isnt realistic to make solar powered cars. And definately not solar powered planes or spacecraft.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Level 9
Yes, and many people fear it because the environmentalists scared the public, and continue to scare the public about health risks, and environmental damage concerning nuclear waste. What they don't realize is that most nations have successfully made the switch and have fully functioning plants that produce energy and power in that way.

We also have the 'not in my backyard' syndrome in which americans have regressed to a point of fear and contention over new power stations that they need.

Many people in america no longer welcome new technology. Because of this business has declined especially in NYS. They don't want chemicals businesses may need to use to pollute their breathing air, even if the vapors smell bad but arn't toxic they still don't want something like that within 40 miles of their homes.

Because in 1990 nobody wanted a new dump in there backyard because the old dump open from 1950-90 had been closed and sealed, and now the degradation of materials used to create it in 1950 have been leaking toxic-decaying liquids and black fungus into the drinking water. Now all the trash from our area is shipped at great expense to some place in Pensylvania. In 2000 the dump was transformed into a small natural gas pipeline because all the decaying food, matter and baby poop there had created a large pocket of natural gas beneath the dump.

Many people in the area are afraid of such unforseen problems coming to their homes if a new wind mill plant were opened up on a nearby hill. The winds on that hill range from 100-290 mph and could easily solve the local power shortage, relieving the strain from the natural water-powered electric mills on the Canadian-NYS border. Which in turn would lower the rolling blackouts & power shortages in New York City.

Having a powerstation in your backyard is a bit of an eyesore at first, at least until the trees grow up around it.

Powerstations tend to be noisy, as in they're always humming, making odd noises which decreases local property values. Many people protesting the new windmills claim they like the beautiful sight of the hill from thier windows and don't want to lose the lovely view.

Level 4
Before i dropped out of physics. I read a book about mass and sapce i think. Inside it had some stuff about all those scientific things that happened and scientists think will end the world or whatever they do. But more interestingly i found that there was a study of producing mass into tiny amounts of space. eg a drop of fuel could contain the mass of many liters and therefore that one drop could sustain your car half way around the world before having to refuel. It also had something to do with atomic or hydrogen bombs but i can't remember that part :p.
As you can see im no genuis in english either.

Status
Not open for further replies.