• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Just wanted to point this out here, this game looks freaking ridiculous!

And it runs on unreal engine and I can max (2x MSAA) is out on my 7950 o_O

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

1024x576.resizedimage

And it's not just high resolution textures or massive polygon count. What they did is take a very good look at nature, scan (NOT as easy as it sounds!) in rocks and stuff and make textures without any tiling whatsoever.

Anyway, these guys know what they are doing. They got me convinced about this technique :eek:. Seriously this is just in the unreal engine, an engine that was first released in 2006!

Last edited:
Level 27
Is the game any good?

This is a much newer version of the unreal engine. Saying it came out in 2004 is not really correct.

Oh yeah it was released in 2006, obviously these things get updated. But the core of it must be the same. Just saying the engine is a couple years old.

This is literaly the only game that got me staring at scenery. But it's just walking and clicking on things though, it is pretty immersive and mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.