• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lands of Sacea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
---------------------------------------- 12th September 2010.

The Lands of Sacea

Introduction

I am sure many of you wonders; "What the [Insert Random Word of your choise] is this?!:vw_wtf:"

The Lands of Sacea is my own game.
I'm creating it from scratch using various engines and yeah, I wont explain the lore or story as I do not wish to spoil anything just yet.
It rotates around the world of Sacea, which is a world divided much like Azeroth in your eyes, but its much vaster in size.

This game will feature many 'modes'.
Which I believe will be three seperates way of playing it, but myeah. We'll see how well my unexperienced and noobish scripting and coding will turn out.
The story roams around loads of different characters and a heckofa lore.
I'll come back to that, but for now:

THe modes I'll be creating for this game.

An RPG.
Works as World of Warcraft - shortly said, you do quests (and side quests) and such to gain this and that and bleh bleh. Will also feature a multiplayer more sooner or later.

A Turn-based RPG.
Much like Heroes of Might Magic IV but with an upgraded engine and a much more well.. Hope fully better.

And last;
An RTS.
A mix of Age of Empires and Warcraft 3. (Yeah, its very hard for me to explain it.)

The RPG and the Turn-Based one will roam around a certain character for each 'story', as the Lore has many many many turns and trips you might want to check out, and also it will provide with bonus 'characters' that you might want to play.

The RTS will roam around every race and certain characters, like Warcraft III.
But will also be melee-playable and will have a map editor with the same customization values of the GALAXY EDITOR for Starcraft II.

You can even edit Campaign maps as this will be a very "open coded" game.
(For coders, you can think of this as the Firefox of games.)

I forgot to mention which engine it was built around, and for now. Its the UDK (Unreal Development Kit) but that's mainly for the maps, mesh' and textures.
Currently I'm done with a couple of maps but I wont show ANY pictures just yet. I demand a feedback!

Races

This game features a ton of races, and I'll give you a short describtion of them as we carry on.
There are no "main" race, as every race has a meaning for being there just as much as the other.
Now let's get going on some of the races shall we?

The Barbarians

The Barbarians are the outcast of pretty much every society - those that still believes in the nature and the spirits.
Their beliefs as I just wrote, is about Mother Nature and her spirits which they call, Faeries.

The Faeries are what the "Barbarians" look at as the souls, and Mother Nature as the birthgiver to the souls.
When a "Barbarian" child is born, a Faerie takes place inside of the child to give it a soul. Those without a Faerie gets abandoned in the forest to let the "empty shell" prosper Nature as fertilizing and yeah. Sweet tales like that.

Barbarian societies are the same as a Nomad in our lives, they travel around and build temporarly huts which they can salvage and keep on moving.
The Barbarians does not use any creature as mounts as they look at them as holy. But they do use them in combat as pets - or in pens as food.
They always perform a ritual when they're slaying a creature, either if its for food or if its to take the mother/father's young to raise them.

Mother of all, bring peace to the land.
You are now one with the Mother.
Sleep in the earth, become one with them all.
Mother of all, bring peace to the land.

-
That is one of the many short-sayings they have while hunting.

Daemons

Which game would be complete without some paranormal activies such as.. A Daemon invasion?

The Daemons are a violent group of marauders coming from a distant planet and traveling through portals which they have managed to conjure from blood and death of their victims - thus always having portals where there are anything living.

Daemon Societies are basicly what we would call, Insanity.
There are no rules, only an Overlord that says things in that typical Clan.
They are divided in clans but they have one Leader -> The Khan.
THere is no beliefs, no reason for anything they do. But they do it only to kill, steal, rape, and pretty much have fun in their own not-so-sane way.

Their cultures are based around the enemies they have already rushed through and annihilated.
After coming to a planet, they build a base around the Portal to keep it safe, they send out "minor" (AkA weak.) Daemons out dressed in light robes to scout around, and spit venomous words into everyone they meet. Tricking them, making them afraid.

One of the famous 'scouts' was a Daemon known as "Uzull".

With a glutteral voice, and a hood hiding his burned and rotten red skin, Uzull trespassed into a village. He looked around, eyeing every pose, every building and every living being inside with a grin and an insane thought to himself. He chuckles.
He meets with one of the Villagers, a handsome young man with a kind heart; "Hello there sir, d'ya need some help?" the man asked.
Uzull looked at him, grinning still, "No. I do not need help. Your people do, your lives are in grave danger.."

-
That is Uzulls first encounter with the beings on Sacea.

Human Empire

Come on, every game needs humans!

The Humans are a compelled and firehearted bunch of goofers, though they are not scientifical.
In their cities, and mostly in their capital.
THere are Dwarves running about, and the Humans believe the dwarves are inferior to them. They are not worth their time, they even had Dwarven slaves!

Their societies are much like any other Humanlike feature in any other game, they create homes. Villages, and such.
The Beliefs of the Human are this; THE KING IS THEIR GOD. (Kim Jong-ill ?!)
Their king has lived over 500 years before they usually get replaced or killed by their own son(s).
They do not choose a King, it comes out their sons ways of looking at things, which is the mothers choise.

Nature, Spirit or even foreseeing, is NOT allowed, as this is the ways of the Barbarians.
Thousands of humans has been executed, if they were guilty or not, was the Marshall's job to decide.

Since the Human race is such a rightous race, few of them are corrupt - but there's still some sad things to take notice; They can still be cruel, evil, and if they're corrupted, they're on to top of what they're doing. (General, Religious leader..)

Religious leaders are basicly people that are close to the king either from Family, or from the work they have done. (Loyalty!)
They are in general rich or poor, nothing inbetween.

"And without the Religious Leaders, the King would have to move all over Sacea to give speeches." - Prince Futhark II.

Dwarves

Ah yes, the drunken poor Dwarves.

The Dwarves are the slaves of Humans, though they hate it and are always an inch away from revolting - but always gets reminded of a battle a long-long-long time ago where a thousand Humans fought ten thousands Dwarves.. And the Humans won.

Their societies are based around (mostly) science, technologies and even tech-magi.
They have the role of the poof-bang and zaps of the Human armies and usually gets sent out first in war, to "weaken" the enemy.
Their religion are forced upon them by the Humans, "THE HUMAN KING IS THE GOD" though the original Dwarven religion is based upon the Norse Mythology.

And their Dwarven Leader is usually a Rune-Tech-Magi-Priest (YES THATS A "CLASS")
This Dwarven Leader is always named Athorr or Thor, depending on the one he is taking over from. (If Athorr is the current one, the next is Thor, then Athorr etc etc..)
He is hidden beneath a mountain, with a little 'independent' community of Dwarves, forging weapons and armor for any rebelion they hear of.

The Dwarves, dispite, the Humans.

"Ahh yer be kiddin' Thor. 'Ose bludy' lads down in'em Human places wunt' rebel! They 'ave their drenks and 'dat makes'em happy!" - A Dwarf talking to Thor.

I will update this as posts starts coming around, either to critizise or to comment - anything.
----------------------------------------------------------
(COMING NEXT)

Elves
Drow'den

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 2
Why am I posting this here?
Mostly because I felt like it. My wiki-spot is under heavy, heavy, HEAVY, construction so I need to have a place to inform people about my current state, for moment. Its only about races. But I will be posting updates about the project IF people like this idea and well, if they wish me to do it.

I am putting this as a reply (Not to bump) but to let everyone see this as the first reply.
Knowing the admins might get grumpy, I apologize. But the "thread post" is about the story and updates. Whilst this is to use as an FAQ 'n of course what I said above.

So yeah, I am sorry if people get grumpy for seeing this as my first reply/post/whatever..

Status
Not open for further replies.