• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The UNDERTALE race!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi! My name is Octavio Maiani and I'm a fan of UNDERTALE (Not so much to have dolls everywere in my house). I just love everything about it, the gameplay, characters, it's retro style of graphics and especially the music. WHO DOESN'T LOVE MEGALOVANIA, SPEAR OF JUSTICE OR HEARTACHE? But I'm going out of the picture here.
As you probably guess, I want to make these characters of this wonderful game into a fully functional and balanced race. The problem is that I am a beginner in all these processes of modeling and animating, not to mention the fact that I struggle to understand a little about the creation of new abilities. But you already know that we all go through these moments.
I would like those who wish to cooperate or those who know people willing to help, to contact me to discuss the subject. I hope someday we can make it a mod.
But I guess if you keep reading this then you're a little interested. Let me tell you my idea:
"The history of the race is basically a continuation of the pacifist route. The human who fell and tried to run from the perils of the surface (Orcs, demons, necroids, etc.), now had a new family, new friends and what looked like a brighter future. However the war of the other four races continued outside the underground kingdom, causing the death of many monsters, including that of the king of the mountain Asgore. Although Alphys and the rest of the scientists managed to preserve the soul of the king in a body made of stone, the memories of this one would be completely erased, being thus a simple shell of what once was. Devastated Toriel took the leadership charge although she refused to be called queen. The monsters were hidden for a time until, thanks to the determination of the human, they decided to help in the cause of men. Now they are in a new war, allies with those who once imprisoned them, ready to cling to their hopes and dreams in the search for a brighter tomorrow. Still doubts continue, fearing that the war and the deaths in battle will make them cold and soulless. No one is safe from this... not even the human."
I hope you like the story for now, I am open to new ideas if you want to contribute something. Now let's go to the game itself. This Race has certain advantages and subsequently disadvantages to mention:

• This is one if not the weakest of the races at the beginning of the matches. This is due to the fact that they do not regenerate health (unless they receive the skill "injection of determination") and their weak stats. This makes them vulnerable to early enemy attacks. That is why you should invest in improvements as soon as possible, otherwise you will be at a serious disadvantage. However over time they get stronger and stronger to the point of becoming the most difficult race to fight. If you are able to keep yourself alive enough time on the battlefield things will take a turn on your favor.
  • The race has 5 heroes in total, and they are the key to victory. Not only does each serve a specific role and strategy, but they all have an extra ability that requires no levels and is unlocked from the beginning. These abilities are simple and not very powerful, but they help a bit in battles. They also have an excellent synergy between other heroes, which allows you to think about different strategies. This heroes are Undyne, Toriel, Papyrus and Sans, Mettaton and the Human.
  • You can get a huge amount of upgrades for the troops. This allows you to play with versatility. However this can also be a problem because many improvements are needed to survive, which requires some management of available resources that may not be necessary in other races in particular. This also applies to the troops themselves, you get a great variety at your disposal, but you must be clear about which troops you want to improve so you have no problems in the future.
  • One of the main characteristics of the race is the use of the 6 human souls. These are unlocked as the main building grows. Souls are capable of improving a unit exponentially, while giving it a characteristic ability of the soul itself. They can also be used in buildings, unlocking better units and new abilities. In this case, only certain souls work with certain buildings. An example would be the sentry stations, being affected by the souls of bravery and kindness. Souls can only be extracted by the "determination extractor," and if the building or unit with a soul is killed or destroyed, the soul disappears forever. Be careful. I still do not know how I can implement these souls in the story if technically in the end of the pacifist route these disappear. I'll figure out something.
  • Finally I must mention the many secrets that can be found if you explore a little. Things like songs, upgrades and secret characters can be found if you follow different steps. I could tell you but we all know it's rude to talk about it if HE listens to us ;)
That's all I can tell you right now. I could talk about each unit, every building and every hero in particular, mentioning everything they can and can not do, but then this text would never end and I'm really too lazy to do it. In any case, contact me if you want to know more. I hope we can work together in the future. I also hope the talk has not been boring. See you later ... I hope.

Postscript: This is the part where you should stop reading in case you did not notice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.