• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] The True Story of Arthas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, people. I'll be posting my cinematic here and I'd like to hear what you think about it :)
The true story of Arthas

Hello and welcome to The true story of Arthas. The story of this map:

This is the unofficial story of our hero, Arthas.
The official story is the one that shows on the campaing, the one everyone trusts because has been said by someone famous or someone designed to maintain order... (previously, the king. Nowadays, the politicians).
This is an alternate way of the story, told once by a drunken bard on a tavern. A story long forgotten/erased from history...
Which one you believe, is up to you...

• This is more of a comedy cinematic, relax while watching :)
  • Thanks to Beta52 (my brother) for his help and his tips on my map.
  • Music name is Megaman X5 - X vs Zero remix --- Credits go to the owner (I don't know who he is).
  • The minimap image's author is unknown, where I downloaded it from, had no credits to him/her.
  • This map was made by [rainbow]Beta52 and I[/rainbow], no-one who's not listed worked/helped in this map. If someone does, credits will be given.
Thanks to:For:
-Kobas-For being the first one to take a look at my map and pointing out stuff that can cause errors.
VengeanceKaelFor pointing out some other stuff that can cause errors.

206491-albums5140-picture52046.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52047.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52048.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52049.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52050.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52051.jpg

206491-albums5140-picture52052.jpg

V1.0 - Official release
V1.1 - Some memory leaks fixed

Attachments

• The true story of Arthas V1.1.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 236
Level 3
Sorry for taking a while to answer. Haven't been on for the past week.
Anways, I did upload to the map section, but it's on Pending, so I thought I'd upload it here to get some feedback, see what you guys think, while I wait for an approval.

Level 15
My review of your awesome cinematic

I just watched the cinematic, and it is really funny and well done. Good job. :):ogre_haosis:

The first time i really laughed was when Frostmourne wanted a hot-dog! It was funny also because Frostmourne is a sword and he does not have a mouth.

Camera - Camera was good and the rotations and things like that are welll-balanced with triggers 5/5

Terrain - Terrain was good, too, i liked the tileset and doodads. However, you could add some more doodads to your map. It will look much better and beautiful. 4/5

Units are good, too, i have nothing to say. 5/5

Soeeches - Speeches are really funny. Especially that Arthas is gay!!! Hahaha This is the truth, i think. And this is the reason why he did not date Jaina. Lol :grin: 9/5 ( even better that excellent or something like that.

To sum up, i think it's a cool and funny cinematic of Arthas. You have a big imagination, and for a beginning cinematic it is really good. I hope it will be approved by the mods.
However, you should fix the terrain and add much more doodads. :D

Suggestions - You should extend the combat scene of Arthas vs Malganis and Muradin should be a bit stronger, too. For example, make more rotations and animations by spells. (you can use custom models for them , too, which can be foudn on THW)

Good luck with your cool cinematic! :thumbs_up: And please do the things which the mods want you to do. :)

Level 5
That's funny, but like the post above me, make more doodad's
polish your cinematic a little (Like description, or speeches)
make longer cinematic, maybe the argument of Arthas and Muradin
Make the castle a little bigger

Level 3
Thank you for your feedback, people :)
I haven't really been on hiveworkshop for over a month for personal reasons, but I appreciate your feedback and I will improve this cinematic as soon as I can go back to map editing ^^
As for map status, it's on "needs fix". I was told to add more doodads, but I have nowhere to add the credits for custom doodads, and, as for blizzard doodads, I've taken a look at all of them and added the ones which I thought would go ok with the cinematic.
Well, I'll have to add doodads and add credits on description, the problem is if I upload the map to some website with no descriptions (epic war, for example).
I'll have to take a look at it as soon as I come back to editing maps.

And, again, thanks guys for your feedback. Cheered me up :ogre_haosis:

Status
Not open for further replies.