• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Titans and the Burning Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, as we all know, Titans are beings that bring order to the universe, while the Legion seeks to bring chaos. So my question is: "Why the Titans don't do anything about the Burning Legion?". I mean, the Titans can create a lot of powerfull creatures, and they are, I don't know, 7 maybe?, against Sageras, the Titans couldn't easily end the Burning Legion?

Level 9
Well the Burning Legion is so powerful it would not be easy to just kill it off mostly when going to Argus. And what do you mean by dont know anything about them. They know that Burning Legion wants to destroy worlds, but i think that Sargeras became more powerful after he became a demon. And there are 6 titans in the Pantheon, but i think the problem why they cant just kill Sargeras is, because if you would kill the Burning Legion leaders the demons would just become insane just like the Scourge without a Lich King. And they could only kill the Dreadlords, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras off once and for all only when they go to the nether, but that would be a suicide since they would be surrounded by countless of demon armies. So yeah i think the Titans will attack the Legion with the Azeroth heroes. So yeah we would first need to defeat N'Zoth and his Naga and the Fifth Old God and then we can move on to defeat the Burning Legion, because for Azeroth the Old Gods are right now the biggest threat.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
the problem why they cant just kill Sargeras is, because if you would kill the Burning Legion leaders the demons would just become insane just like the Scourge without a Lich King.
So yeah. I'm this badass nefariously evil dude of awesome power. I control legions of undead that would help me do anything from throwing the world into complete darkness and despair to wiping my frost laden ass after taking a massive shit on my throne. I also have this sweet runeblade that grants the wielder, this mug right here, power eternal. So I'm pretty much the worst imaginable nightmare of all living things and all that, yadda yadda.

But hey, there's one thing I apparently can't do, that would be even more terrifying. NOT. DOING. ANYTHING. And obviously a mind such as my own, capable of deceiving my own enslavers including the creator/destroyer of worlds and his chief lieutenants like they were drunk mormons buying magic beans from a gypsy trailer, couldn't figure out that me being there was actually just a spanner in the works.

I'm Arthas Menethil, but you probably know me better as the most badass antagonist in the franchise turned plot device overnight.

Level 6
So yeah. I'm this badass nefariously evil dude of awesome power. I control legions of undead that would help me do anything from throwing the world into complete darkness and despair to wiping my frost laden ass after taking a massive shit on my throne. I also have this sweet runeblade that grants the wielder, this mug right here, power eternal. So I'm pretty much the worst imaginable nightmare of all living things and all that, yadda yadda.

But hey, there's one thing I apparently can't do, that would be even more terrifying. NOT. DOING. ANYTHING. And obviously a mind such as my own, capable of deceiving my own enslavers including the creator/destroyer of worlds and his chief lieutenants like they were drunk mormons buying magic beans from a gypsy trailer, couldn't figure out that me being there was actually just a spanner in the works.

I'm Arthas Menethil, but you probably know me better as the most badass antagonist in the franchise turned plot device overnight.

Couldn`t have said it better myself.

Level 21
Why don't Titan do anything? Well if nobody hasn't noticed it is because they are just sufficiently advanced aliens that once visited Azeroth, had some crazy experiments and moved on. Something about new experiment on some planet called Aiur.

So yeah Titans in current lore simply don't care. Sargeras when he was Titan was the one in charge of cleaning up undesirable elements until he got corrupted and then freed all evil he had defeated and formed Burning Legion. The other Titans are probably less combat oriented (yes shocking I know, magic not being weaponized in Warcraft).

As for Old Gods what my esteemed yet clueless colleague mentions is ridiculous. Old Gods WERE defeated by Titans already, the action today we see from Old Gods is merely insignificant fraction of the power duo to all of them being imprisoned. The only reason why Old Gods still exist because it was said that Titans couldn't destroy them without destroying the world.

Oh and don't even get me started about ridiculous claim that demons would go insane without leaders when they existed independently before leaders were appointed. Scourge example is already far fetched and ridiculous as it is consider we already had seen what happens to free undead, we call them Forsaken now.

And of course the great overestimation of importance of Azeroth planet compared to universe. As far as we know there are countless Titan obedient planets attacking Burning Legion as we speak, or heck maybe Old God Planets are out there too. Or Titans are long dead because of the failed experiment on planet Zerus. Something about artificial Hive Mind of augmented native races going insane and killing everyone.

PS: Don't you just find it cute when people use "we" when talking about WoW lore like they actually are part of it?

Or Titans are long dead because of the failed experiment on planet Zerus. Something about artificial Hive Mind of augmented native races going insane and killing everyone.
I still don't like that imaginary link between Azeroth and the Milky Way.

Seems too screwed up to be taken into account.
I bet the Titans are just hanging in their Celestial Higher Lobby watching as the supposed Light Forces assemble to strike back at dem' Legion.

Would be great if we'd actually see (It was stated countless times but who recalls now?) Sargeras kicking mortal butt here and there.

Level 21
And I don't like that Titans from mythical Pantheon were changed in to crazed scientists that give sentience to rocks, metal and giant winged lizards (and give them the power of time travel no less) and leave Hi Tech facilities everywhere.

I honestly believe Xel'Naga and Titans at this point are same beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.