• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chaos is the only pure thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Now i am going to mention the lore of Warcraft in with something i noticed, so heres the lore first:
Sargeras(the leader of the Burning Legion) was once a Titan. "The Titans are a race of extremely powerful, godlike beings who travel across the cosmos bringing order to worlds."(quoted from Wowwiki).
"Sargeras was once a Titan, a champion chosen by his fellow members of the Pantheon to defend the worlds they had created. He carried out these duties for countless millennia, seeking out and destroying the demons of the Twisting Nether wherever he could find them. Though Sargeras' nearly limitless powers were more than enough to defeat the monsters he faced, he was greatly troubled by their corruption and all-consuming evil. Incapable of fathoming such depravity, the great Titan began to slip into a brooding depression."(also from Wowwiki)

The rest is pretty much him defeating some notable races and getting deeply affected from their all-consuming chaos.
"As doubt and despair overwhelmed Sargeras' senses, he lost all faith not only in his mission, but also in the Titans' vision of an ordered universe. Eventually he came to believe that the concept of order itself was folly, and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes within the dark, lonely universe. "
So, when thinking about this. Imagining going as he did, a kind of police thru the galaxy and watching these horrors, i came to the thought it may be true.
Sure, this is mere the imagination of one of Blizzards people, but it has some truth in it. There is some old saying i remember that goes along the lines of "there is always darkness in light, but light is not always in darkness" or something like that.

I am not saying that chaos is good, or should be braught about more or something. I am just wondering if anyone feels the same that it could end up as there being no 'good' and all evil, wheras there will never be all 'good' and no evil.

Just on a side note please do not bring religion DEEPLY into it, though you can mention it.

Level 3
This is like: ying and yang there cannot be one without the other.
or like: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

There will always be good and evil. or there will be nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.