• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Theory of Everything:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The Theory of Everything:

Just a fair warning in this theory the speculation will become quite crazy indeed but I hope you stick with me. Yesterday I was listening to the Xal'atath:

Something however got my attention, quite extremely, namely five quotes:

Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire:
"The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tare open, do you know what would happen if true shadow and light met here?"
"The research into the void here is commendable but ultimately futile, how could you possibly understand what the Titans did not?"
"I know the Naaru consider us horrors to be resisted, we do not share this view, they are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path, they will return to their masters, in time."
"Oh, you've gathered quite the group of followers, it is fortunate they are focused on this incursion and not the true war, the scope of it might destroy your minds."
"Do the Naaru speak of the eternal conflict, that the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the Draenei, no? *sinister laughter*"

Not to mention that all these five quotes appear in a consecutive order, this is clearly not just random quotes with no meaning, there's a greater plan behind these, but what? I had to find out. Not to mention that the Old Gods are masters at foretelling events, Yogg-Saron for instance foretold of Deathwing, Ny'alotha and Y'Shaarj.

Backstory:

Lets start with explaining the easier part, in the WarCraft chronicles we find out that in the beginning there was only light and void and wherever these two met enormous explosions would occur which in turn gave birth to an entire new realm, the Great Dark Beyond. The Dark Beyond is the physical universe, meaning Azeroth, Draenor and all other planets, stars and other astronomical objects and all within it. The Dark Beyond is just like our real life universe constantly expanding. But this explosion did not only create the physical realm but also a magical real, the Twisting Nether the realm of demons. But not all created was chaos, in some places fractured light would accumulate to create the most pure beings in our world and beings of far greater power than any who came before them, the Naaru. The Naaru were entities who saw the world not for what it was but for what it had the potential to be and swore to spread the holy light to all places they visited. And so they did, the main bulk of Naaru seems to be focused on the Draenei as they somehow seems to be the chosen people of the Naaru. There is however one exception, one wild card, Elune. Elune was claimed by Velen to be a Naaru and who living know more of the Naaru? Even though high priestess Tyrande did not approve of this claim this seems to be the most likely circumstance as that would explain how the races of Azeroth from humans to night elves can use holy magic, it all originates from the supposed Naaru, Elune. So with the Naaru explained, how did the Old Gods come into creation, after the creation of the Great Dark Beyond some planets were eggs to a arcane specie known as the Titans. The rulers of the Void, the Void Lords, (who had created the Dark Beyond in their fight against the light) decided that it would be great if one of these Titans came to serve them for in that case according to the Old Gods and Sargeras himself, this world would fall to complete void. This is what drives Sargeras to destroy all worlds, his fear of the Void Lords, he wants to slaughter everyone in this world so that the Void Lords can never get a hold here, for in his mind annihilation is far better than slavery to these horrors. Back to the point, the Void Lords needed to corrupt the Titans but how would they do that, at first they attempted to whisper madness into the ears of adult Titans, they quickly realized that this wasn't going to work as an adult Titan was far to strong for such tactics. So they went for the Titan fetus, but in order to do that they would need a physical presence in the Dark Beyond and hence they created the Old Gods. The Old Gods were sent to every planet the Void Lords could find to maximize the chances of them coming into contact with a Titan embryo. And to our knowledge they came into contact with at least two embryos, one of which being the planet Azeroth, that housed the most powerful Titan ever encountered according to Aman'Thul.

Quotes:

Now with all of these facts out of the way we can finally go back to the quotes. First we have:

"The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tare open, do you know what would happen if true shadow and light met here?"

And this one is really simple to decode, what protects us from the Void Lords wrath is very little, so why don't they do it, why not destroy us? As stated, if a Titan was to fall to the corruption of the Void Lords this world, the Dark Beyond would be made into a puppet state of the evil entities. So even though tearing open the barrier and causing another Big Bang explosion is possible that would kill the Titan and hence remove any chance of making the Dark Beyond into their realm. So the simple answer is that the Void Lords don't kill us because they have greater aspirations than just our planet or even galaxy.

"The research into the void here is commendable but ultimately futile, how could you possibly understand what the Titans did not?"

This is the second quote and once again quite easy to interpret, while the Titans knew of and resisted the Old Gods, they did not know of the existence of the Void Lords according to the WarCraft Chronicles. Xal'Atath mocks our futile attempts to comprehend the true nature of the Void realm.

"I know the Naaru consider us horrors to be resisted, we do not share this view, they are merely beloved brethren that lost the true path, they will return to their masters, in time."

Now it starts to get a bit trickier but still somewhat obvious. This is a reference to the conflict that created the Dark Beyond where light and Void fought for dominance and to eradicate one another. It is stated that the malevolent force, the Void devoured everything in its path and consumed light. While the light, the Naaru sees the world as a realm of light, the Old Gods see it as a realm of darkness and see the light only as another servant to be turned to the true path. It has been proven that the Naaru can be turned into beings of the Void as seen here:

So to put it shortly, the Old Gods sees the Naaru as rightful subjects of the Void Lords.

"Oh, you've gathered quite the group of followers, it is fortunate they are focused on this incursion and not the true war, the scope of it might destroy your minds."

Once again not overly complicated, this is referring to the war between light and void, the Old Gods attempts at corrupting a Titan and delivering the entire mortal plain into the hands of the Void Lords. That brings us to the final quote:

"Do the Naaru speak of the eternal conflict, that the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the Draenei, no? *sinister laughter*"

Oh and here is where it gets really juicy. ^^ I've already covered several times what the "eternal conflict" is, void versus light. But the rest, oh boy now we're getting advanced up in here. "Of those who came before the Draenei", who could this be? What do we know of what happened to the mortal races before Argus? Well... nothing... I could give the easy answer to this question and say a new race we've never heard of will be revealed to us after we defeat the avatar of Sargeras and travel to Argus, but no, I have a way better answer than that. Keep in mind though this is where the theory goes bat-shit crazy.

It All Comes Together:

What if I told you that the race that came before the Draenei were the Humans of sanctuary? I've written enough of these theories to realize that you're think "that's a outlandish jump in logic" but hear me out. Don't you think that there are a lot of similarities between the two franchises, for a start just look at the beginning of the Diablo lore. In the beginning there were two entities Anu, a being of pure light and Tathamet, a being of pure darkness, sounds a lot like the fight between void and light in WarCraft, right. And when Tathamet died he became a seven-headed dragon who eventually was slain and turned into seven smaller entities of pure evil. As any lore nerd can tell you this exactly what happened to Y'Shaarj, the most powerful of the Old Gods who used to be a seven-headed monstrosity that when destroyed turned into the seven shas. There are as we can see just by dipping our toes in a lot of similarities and the easy answer is of course that they are created by the same developer and that Y'Shaarj and Tathamet are inspired by Satan who became a seven-headed dragon during Armageddon. But that would be the easy answer and I don't deal in easy answers, because they're not the fun answers, no I will try to find an in-game logic for all of these events.

If we assume there is an in-game reason for these similarities what would they be. As we know the creation of the WarCraft universe is inspired by an event called the Big Bang where a unbelievable amount of energy was compressed into a tiny space which in turn caused an explosion we call the Big Bang. You've probably heard of it before but the Big Bang created the universe but here's a part of the theory you may not have heard of, many claim that time began around 14,000,000,000 years ago with the Big Bang. But lets be realistic 14 Billion years a rather small amount on a numerical level. There are scientists out there who claim that to assume that our universe is the first is extremely ego-centric, why did our Big Bang have to be the first? What if our universe is just one of trillions of universes that have existed? What if this is the story in the Blizzard universes too, what if the main villain in all the universes are these Void Lords and what if every time they engulf a world in darkness they just reset the clock by recreating light either because of their sinister nature or because of the fact that they want to add more souls into their arsenal? That would explain why there are so many reoccurring themes in the Blizzard games. The reason is that the void lords are the main villains in all of the universes and their mind has a pattern. Just look at all the similar characters in the two games:

Angels - Naarus
Demons - Old God forces
High Heavens - Realm of Light
Burning Hells - The Void Realm
Sanctuary - The Great Dark Beyond

Not to mention that war between Angels and demons in Diablo III is part of a war called the "Eternal Conflict", sounds familiar, it should: "Do the Naaru speak of the eternal conflict, that the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the Draenei, no? *sinister laughter*" Do you notice now the specific words in use? "The entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed" At first "your world" is just thought to be referring to the battle between light of darkness that came before but what if the meaning is that this just one of uncountable universes they have fought in? So wait that's it for the Diablo universe, it is doomed to eventually fade away into nothingness and give way to the world of Azeroth? Sadly, yes but you know what maybe in the end there is hope for Azeroth maybe the forces of the Horde and the Alliance can stand against the might of the Void Lords and in the end pull of the ultimate triumph... I mean, unless I've forgotten something... Oh...

Starcraft-Logo-04.png

That's right StarCraft, the third known universe in the Void Lords conquest and it would appear after the WarCraft universe. Here we see even more similarities with the WarCraft universe, the Xel'Naga a race, referred to as the most powerful race to have ever existed, benevolent entities obsessed with creating life in the universe until one of their own, Amon kind of went and ruined everything... You know, something tells me this is somewhat similar to the Titans and Sargeras... But do you think that this is the end of the similarities oh no my friends, we also have a unknown species which is hostile to the Xel'Naga, it is called the "Voice in the Darkness" or as it's also called "Living Heart of the Void."... Well... this does sound an awful lot like the Void Lords doesn't it?

Your next question is probably how could I possibly know that the story of StarCraft comes after the story of WarCraft? Well in the WarCraft universe the Void Lords are portrayed as being certain that corrupting a Titan would give absolutely no chance for the races of the universe to survive. This would probably mean that they've never encounter a situation where such an entity has been defeated, in other words they've never experienced an entity as powerful as Amon being defeated, until the appearance of one woman, Sarah Kerrigan. This also opens up the answer to the question how do I know that Diablo comes prior to WarCraft, well as Xal'atath says, "Of those that came before the Draenei?" Meaning if my theory is correct something had to come before the WarCraft universe and it's unlikely to be StarCraft. "But come on Razosh" I hear you say "the laws of physics are clearly different in these universes." That does appear to be the case yes, but some of the same guys who theorized that there have been multiple Big Bangs also say that it's possible for the laws of physics to be different in these alternative universes. Still not convinced? Our laws physics allow for no such things as those we see in fantasy genres, are you certain? In our real life universe galaxies have been found that are so large that they defy our humanities laws of physics, meaning that we can't comprehend the laws of physics...

But at least that is the end of all this business right, no more pain and suffering for our favourite characters? I mean it's not like I could have missed any other major Blizzard franchise... right?

latest

Yep, it's time to ruin Overwatch for you guys, I did title this segment it all comes together and it can't all come together without Overwatch. Now you're probably asking "so when is the Overwatch universe then?" Who said it had its own universe, while all universes has humans only one other universe has a planet called Earth, StarCraft. Yes Overwatch follows the story of the planet Earth or Terra in Latin, so you could call the people of Overwatch Terrans. ;) So what does that mean for the story of Overwatch, where are the omnics? I think you know the answer to that, the reason why we see no omnics in StarCraft is because the war against the omnics was successfully and the robotic life was wiped out from the face of Earth, as we know humans are by nature hostile towards anything they don't understand, particularly other races, species and ethnicities. So in a final solution style warfare human purged the worlds and characters such as Genji was probably seen as a traitor to his specie and slain on sight by everyone he came in contact with.

I would love to dig deeper into Overwatch like I did with the others, sadly the lore just isn't in yet. Maybe the reason why Mercy can pull such extreme healings is because she's actually an agent of the Holy light, a modern day Naaru... but considering how bigoted humans are that they'd eradicate all omnics maybe she'd also be put to the torch for ruining what those people would see as human perfection... Maybe Talon works directly or indirectly for the Void Lords, I mean Widowmaker seems to have the perfect personality for them. Sadly however this is how far the limited Overwatch lore allows me to tread.

The Leftovers:

So that's it no more pain and misery right, I mean the only things that are left are Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm and I mean I'm good but I'm not good enough to find a lore connection those franchises, I mean there's no story in those games. :D ... wait... no, it couldn't...

What if Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm are the ultimate goals of the Void Lords... Collecting forces from all sorts of universes, discarding a universe as soon as enough champions have been collected from them. Maybe the Void Lords are driven only to inflict pain on their captured souls, to have them fight and kill each other over and over again and inflict pain on those they love... But who would do that, what sick person could possibly find joy in that... no, it couldn't be... What if we are the Void Lords, we the players? No that's ridiculous I mean it's not like we actively create worlds simply to kill, spread death, pain and... fudge...

maxresdefault.jpg

So that's the theory for today guys did you enjoy it, am I a genius, a madman or both? This one took me quite a lot of time so any comments would be really appreciated.

Nice attempt joining the strings and franchises into one big entity. @WhiteFang will surely be proud of you!
I didn't read through the whole stuff, because that thing has to be scrolled and I don't like it. I got the rough idea by skimming through and I must say I am very impressed by your dedication and depth of your theory.

I did try to join franchises from different game companies into one (Yuri's Revenge, Tiberian Sun and WarCraft), but eventually dropped mentions of explicit names from non-WarCraft sources and now it was a new, unique story. Yep, that's right. It is MegaCraft.

Level 24

Nice attempt joining the strings and franchises into one big entity. @WhiteFang will surely be proud of you!

I certainly hope so, if this doesn't blow his mind I don't know what will. :D

I didn't read through the whole stuff, because that thing has to be scrolled and I don't like it. I got the rough idea by skimming through and I must say I am very impressed by your dedication and depth of your theory.

Thanks, that's great to hear, it did take quite a lot of work. :D

Level 2
I like your theory, It is really nice, especially the last part with Hearthstone. :) However, I think those who came before the Draenei are simply Naaru. Despite this, I like the theory. :)

Level 24
I like your theory, It is really nice, especially the last part with Hearthstone. :) However, I think those who came before the Draenei are simply Naaru. Despite this, I like the theory. :)

Well it's not really a theory striving for complete accuracy, it's more one of those theories where I see how bat-shit crazy I can actually get. :D If you want a theory where I try to give a logical answer to all that has happened and that is designed to be taken 100% seriously I'd recommend this one: Theory: Shattering Time

Level 14
Razosh has really stepped up his game.

It's impressive dedication really.

Personally, I don't think there are direct ties between the universes, I just think it's lazy writing on part of Blizzard.

Level 24
Razosh has really stepped up his game.

It's impressive dedication really.

Personally, I don't think there are direct ties between the universes, I just think it's lazy writing on part of Blizzard.

Probably not, as far as theories go I don't see this as absurdly likely but this is just based on a though I think we've all had "are the universes connected" and from there I just allowed myself to run wild with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.