• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Survivors v1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
MAP INFO
A group of men survived from an aircraft accident.
But the rescue team cannot find them in the deep of the cursed land.
They must find a way to reach the rescue team base before the creatures of the cursed land slay them.

- You must go to the rescue team base in the southwest
- Find key to open the gate
- Hunt some animals to get their meat and survive
- Avoid contact with dangerous creatures
- Don't bring the wrong key to the gate or something terrible will happen to you
- After you open the second gate with the right key, you'll go back to the first region and all the gates will be closed, but they will become vulnerable. You can enter those gates by destroying them.
Contents

The Survivors v1.3 (Map)

Reviews
13:43, 7th May 2015 Orcnet: My review
Level 4
Ok, the first time i started map this happened.
I saw a pretty strange cinematic with Jaina(Godess of purity) and a Sorcessor(Godess of Chaos) talking to each other. Then my "survivor" spawned on top of a cliff unable to move anywhere. This however, did not occur the second time.

I thought the concept of the map was fun, losing health slowly and having to kill animals was a good idea. I liked the mosquitos and acolytes creeps. But I did not manage to find any keys, it is a pretty big map..

My tips: 1. Add your tips about the map that you have in the description into the quest log.
2. fix the bug so people not spawn on cliffs, use more custom models (it is really small file-size atm), for example if there are any nice items-models for meat that animal dropps
3. Try to improve the cinematic a bit to make it clearer for those who never played the map before, maybe read some good tutorial about warcraft-cinematics could be helpful.

I hope you'll try to improve the map, I think it can become a lot more fun if you put some more time into it. :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 30
I still don't think the description on top has enough informative explanation or rightful detail inside the game.

But anyways, as much as I tested it, I notice how wide the map is and the level difficulty for this game is quite difficult, I mean I venture the whole map to look for 3 keys, border to border and by then only 1 key pops out of the entire map, once you are able to find it you will now find a gate that can hopefully enter, there are 3 gates and walking on that regions consumes so much time, if one of the gates you entered was faulty a powerful unit attacks you or the group, or you end up teleporting in an area where you will be attacked by dozens of creeps.

I think the idea is ludicrous unless the map is either small, and the proportion of each objects being triggered in the course has enough stability to begin with, creeps do not spawn but has 90% populated with units so strong that It can kill you quickly, I believe you either just make a trigger where passive creeps spawns in the game if one of those creeps gets killed, the items are so bulky and much of the gear is mostly a "staff" and gives additional armor or damage, how about life points, summons, or some ability that will coupe the player in surviving rather than fighting?

The terrain is too plain and due to plain, its so wide, venturing on each part of the map feeds so much time and looking for the keys is like using a teaspoon to catch fish on the ocean.

Anyhow, the only suggestions I can give to make this map proper is either give less map size, reduce level difficulty, and items that can help out the player's unit to survive.