• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Spell "Friends" from Baldur's Gate II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Charisma in Wc3 can be either an edit of Strength, Agility or Intelligence, making them directly viewable from the hero information bar. However, you can also make pure data based attributes, which are only a number and can be displayed at a multiboard or something similar. Depending on how you code 'charisma' in your map, you have different ways to make the spell you want.

You see, I'm making a spell-pack, which I intend to release here on the Hive, not for any spesific map. therefore there's not really any use in creating a multiboard :S
And editing str, agi or int would also be rather useless for a spell-pack :S (and, as Eleandor pointed out, BGII also uses str, agi and int.
I need help to translate it into something that's in Wc3 as it is default, and I don't even know if there's any. Remember, it only needs to resemble the spell, not be the same.

Level 9
i can make your spell but from my first post u should know that i need 2 know for what your charisma will be/do u need it 2 be displayed some where and for the guards u can use if player have charisma is greater than 1 to add new dialog box with some helpfull info when u talk to guardian but that's my second and last post in this useles threadbecouse the author is just saying " more stars 2 fall when i discover the star fall wonder/like in My tribe's game" btw i sugest admins 2 close the thread becouse doesn't have direct asociation with warcraft 3 help exept the place where he is asking us if we can make "more starts 2 fall when he discover the wonder of stars"

Level 5
"A Friends spell causes the wizard to temporarily gain 2d4 points of Charisma. Those who view the caster tend to be very impressed with the spellcaster and make an effort to be his friend and help him, as appropriate to the situation. Officious bureaucrats might decide to become helpful; surly gate guards might wax informative; attacking orcs might spare the caster's life, taking him captive instead. "

Maybe there's a chance enemies might choose not to attack the caster, or he takes reduced damage or has a chance to dodge. Maybe they're slowed when they attack him or a spell that is cast against him fails? Maybe the next time he would take damage it's negated and he is healed for that amount or a predefined amount? Maybe the next time he would take damage the attacker receives it instead, or all nearby enemies are hurt for that amount. Or something along those lines...

Level 18
xXMephistoXx, I got to agree with onix_noob. In your first post you wanted to insert that specific spell, which required you to add Charisma as an attribute. Now you say all you really wanted was an idea for a spell that would prevent harm from enemies or make them help you. That's barely related to that spell. Next time, please explain your problem clearly to prevent these kind of scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.