• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Opening/Closing gate spell&trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So as in title, i made spell that opens and other one that closes the gate, and tied to triggers that ofc are doing said task. However, i noticed that closing doesnt work at all. Gates can be only opened, closing doesnt work.

The problem is that i dont know what real cause of it may be. Can you help me? Spell is based of roar and has 10 seconds cooldown, both abilities cooldown when used in gate house building/unit.

Attachments

• trigger open working.jpg
    trigger open working.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 116
  • trigger close not working.jpg
    trigger close not working.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 133
Level 2
1. use trigger bbcode for trigger input

2.Why do you use that spell ?

3. Why dont u do it like this

• Gate Close
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit leaves Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0004 <gen>
  • Gate Open
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Open Demonic Gate (Horizontal) 0004 <gen>

Level 14
1. use trigger bbcode for trigger input

2.Why do you use that spell ?

3. Why dont u do it like this

It's rts/melee like map and enemies shouldnt be able to open it, also i want it to work like on several maps(kingdoms of light have it for instace and that map is kinda simple), Gate house, and doodad gates. Also i noticed one thing before removing death sounds from one of "mini gates" i made from magical fences that these make death sound each time ability was used, They do open, but closing doesnt work, i want to stick with this design but to make it work.

Level 2
If u want to not let enemies open it , u could create player groups variable and save each players of team into each and make an condition player(index) is in player group team 1 equal to true

Level 14
If u want to not let enemies open it , u could create player groups variable and save each players of team into each and make an condition player(index) is in player group team 1 equal to true
Well i've seen several maps using this system and it's far better for what i need. People can choose exacly when to open/close it. Problem is that gates do not close. Both skills(open close) are made out of roar, actualy i copied the skill and renamed it. Trigger is supposed to be closed when certain skill is used, but ingame it ignores closing skill, and only epening one works. I want to know why and how to fix it.

Last edited:
Level 8
Well i've seen several maps using this system and it's far better for what i need. People can choose exacly when to open/close it. Problem is that gates do not close. Both skills(open close) are made out of roar, actualy i copied the skill and renamed it. Trigger is supposed to be closed when certain skill is used, but ingame it ignores closing skill, and only epening one works. I want to know why and how to fix it.

I think your problem here is that both the open and close abilities are based off Roar and therefore they clash with each other when cast. Just change one of the spells to another instant cast ability; for example, Fan of Knives or Channel.

Level 14
I think your problem here is that both the open and close abilities are based off Roar and therefore they clash with each other when cast. Just change one of the spells to another instant cast ability; for example, Fan of Knives or Channel.
Yeah after first two replies i started to experiment and i found out about it. Roar Closing did open the gates aswell. I made closeing from berserk and it works. Even tough i fixed it finaly myself i give you rep for help :v
Edit: damn i cant yet :s, i need to "spread some rep around", tough i will give you it as soon as i can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.