• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Second War

What do you think of this project?

• I don't like it!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • It looks ok.

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Looks great!

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • I love it!

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yeah, this is the second war. also, this is in Azeroth, not Draenor. So this final map takes place in The Black Morass, a huge swamp. Most WoW players will know this area as The Swamp of Sorrows and The Blasted Lands.

Also the portal won't be closed on the other side until after the human expedition into draenor. Which is the expansion to Warcraft 2, something I haven't yet decided if I'll get into. If so, it'll take a long time, as I still have lots of work left on this project, and I work, well.. Quite slow.

Level 5
Yes, absolutely! If I ever get close to finishing this campaign, my next will most probably be a continuation of this and from the horde side :wink:

Level 14
Yes, absolutely! If I ever get close to finishing this campaign, my next will most probably be a continuation of this and from the horde side :wink:

Alliance side arguable better from a WC2 standpoint.

Deathwing / Auchindoin Danath VS killrog / Assault on Shadowmoon for the Book of Medivh / Laughing Skull / Closing the Portal.

WC1 ~ Horde
WC2 ~ Alliance

Beyond the Dark portal is both but really the Expedition heroes have so much more potential all imo.

Not only does Alliance side feature the Horde Heroes Teron Gorefiend / Kilrogg Deadeye / Ner'zhul. You also kill some of them.

Horde side if I recall hardly even has any interaction with the characters. idk. lol

I just hope you finish this campaign one at a time :)

Honestly though Beyond the Dark portal is best done as a Multi faction campaign. Interweaving the important events from both sides and cutting the filler or downright trivial lore point missions.

Could easily be condensced into a 12 mission saga considering the Length of Blizzard Reign of Chaos Night Elf Campaign as a template.

Level 14
I'm advertising your campaign along with the other GoT campaigns like curse of forsaken, wanderers of sorceria ect.

Hopefully the increased awareness of your work helps motivate this campaign to completion within the next year or two.

Level 5
Yeah, I really doubt I'll start a new project before I finish this one.
And thanks a lot for the advertising! :thumbs_up:

- As always, all feedback and response is greatly appreciated!

Level 14
Any updates

You have a ton of excellent Terrain work and cutscenes done in most of the maps after chapter 4 so with a little TLC you should be able to finish this campaign eventually.

You need to know what you have done is like. Really Really good. It stands out and I think everyone would want you to stay motivated to see it to completion.

Also a suggestion. You recently updated prologue when you changed Genns Model at myself and some others request. it looks good.

But the bannermen in the throne room just looks cluttered and makes the scene look absurd and ugly in my opinion. It's your project but I would keep the leaders only in the throne room as before.

Also for antonidas everyone except Perenold is dismounted. His model is perfect so it's fine. I know there are tons of Cleric models that is Antonidas Exactly without a horse. OutsiderEXs Day of the Dragon campaign I think uses it for Terenas which is.... not fitting. But that is where you can find it. Keep a consistency in the throne room. It's a REALLY good scene.

Level 21
Really excited for the Orc part.
For the Campaign goes it's good so far, and I want to play the Orc one.

Also you could change a few models, to make it more interesting.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...an-233164/?prev=search=Stromgarde&d=list&r=20 = For Footman of Stromgarde
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...an-233164/?prev=search=Stromgarde&d=list&r=20 = Stromgarde Logo
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ancer-240336/?prev=c=3&t=1&r=20&d=list&page=4 = Knight Version of the Kingdom

Level 2
Very interesting campaign - I'll be eager to play it once it comes out, fully. Been a while since I've seen a completed Warcraft 2 completely original campaign around after Saga of Azeroth.

Level 14
Very interesting campaign - I'll be eager to play it once it comes out, fully. Been a while since I've seen a completed Warcraft 2 completely original campaign around after Saga of Azeroth.
Yo Doromugan

There is a near completed remake of WC1 and its ON PAR with WC3 map quality. Tons of missions last 2 have been worked on for awhile so it should be out... soon.... its the Orcs and Humans that says ALPHA near the front of the campaign list. dont let the ALPHA turn you off. It's polished and more complete then the vast majority of campaigns I've come across in the last 10 years.

Level 5
the proyect is dead?
Pretty much. I haven't done much since my last post, which I believe is quite a while ago...
I've just been too busy with other stuff + when I have the time I put it into other games or hobbies. Sorry, know how it sucks when a project just dies...
We'll see though. Maybe I'll pick up on it sometime in the future.

Level 2
Yo Doromugan

There is a near completed remake of WC1 and its ON PAR with WC3 map quality. Tons of missions last 2 have been worked on for awhile so it should be out... soon.... its the Orcs and Humans that says ALPHA near the front of the campaign list. dont let the ALPHA turn you off. It's polished and more complete then the vast majority of campaigns I've come across in the last 10 years.

I'm aware, I've played through it, but I believe it's currently alliance only, an' I wanna play some green boyz!

Level 28
General:
* Cutscenes are unskippable.
* Units aren't paused during cutscenes, leading to entirely avoidable losses or screwing up the cutscene (Perenolde getting slaughtered as Turalyon says he'll spare him, for instance).

Prologue:
* During the council scene, the shields are on backwards for some footmen (the one next to Faol).
* The black-armored humans don't get any text.
* The Prologue doesn't lead to the next mission.
* Several shots show the black border.

First mission:
* The mission text is very pixellated.
* Units are still selected during cutscenes.

Second mission:
* There should be a rune of restoration before the bandit lord.
* Units aren't paused and the timer still shows and plays during the ballista cutscene.
* Turalyon just blips out of existence in the final cutscene.

Third mission:
* Goes to the main menu when the mission ends. If the fourth one isn't done, you should continue to the fifth.

Fifth mission:
* Thoras doesn't show up when his base is transferred, leading to a black portrait during the separation cutscene.

Sixth mission:
* No quests on starting the mission.
* There's a bunch of red and grey peasants stuck on the north beach, trying to get to their base as soon as the mission starts.
* Major bug: The invisible barrier near the blue base doesn't disappear.

Last edited:
Level 4
I do like the progress of this custom campaign. When you make the orc sided campaign, will there be a mission where you play as Alterac? Because I wouldn't mind controlling Perenolde :p

Level 5
General:
* Cutscenes are unskippable.
* Units aren't paused during cutscenes, leading to entirely avoidable losses or screwing up the cutscene (Perenolde getting slaughtered as Turalyon says he'll spare him, for instance).

Prologue:
* During the council scene, the shields are on backwards for some footmen (the one next to Faol).
* The black-armored humans don't get any text.
* The Prologue doesn't lead to the next mission.
* Several shots show the black border.

First mission:
* The mission text is very pixellated.
* Units are still selected during cutscenes.

Second mission:
* There should be a rune of restoration before the bandit lord.
* Units aren't paused and the timer still shows and plays during the ballista cutscene.
* Turalyon just blips out of existence in the final cutscene.

Third mission:
* Goes to the main menu when the mission ends. If the fourth one isn't done, you should continue to the fifth.

Fifth mission:
* Thoras doesn't show up when his base is transferred, leading to a black portrait during the separation cutscene.

Sixth mission:
* No quests on starting the mission.
* There's a bunch of red and grey peasants stuck on the north beach, trying to get to their base as soon as the mission starts.
* Major bug: The invisible barrier near the blue base doesn't disappear.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. As stated earlier I rarely find time for this project. But the very few times a year I do, this kind of stuff helps :) ! Thanks a lot!

Orcs? Be lucky if this one is ever completed its pretty much dead.

Indeed! I don't even see myself completing this campaign for years to come as I so very, very rarely find time for it...

All the feedback is still appreciated and helps motivate me to once in a while open the good old world editor again! :)

Level 5
I don't wanna bring any hopes up. I honestly only work on this project a tiny bit, once every 6 months or so...

But I got a little bit back into it right now. So I might post slighty updated map sometime soon. So please, feel free to still give feedback.

This is a really nice idea for a campaign. I am currently doing videos based on this. I hope I can help bring some more exposure for this project.

Feel free to post a video, sounds interesting. ^^

EDIT: Also if anyone knows why the trees on my Arathi map don't show up in-game but in the editor, that'd be a huge help. Think it's the 8th map.

Level 5
sorry for the double post, but I wanted to inform you all I've uploaded a newer version of the campaign. I've added a map and done a little bit of polishing on the old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.