1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] The Second War

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Znoopy, Sep 28, 2013.

?

What do you think of this project?

1. I don't like it!

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. It looks ok.

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. Looks great!

35 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I love it!

52 vote(s)
    49.5%
  1. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Info
    The Second War is a campaign I'm currently making. It takes place during The Second War in warcraft history and is very lore-accurate.

I'm working alone on the project, so everything is done by me, however I download most custom models and skins here from Hive as I do not make models.
    Most custom icons are also downloaded from Hive, as I cannot be bothered to make my own, although I do when necessary.

The playing style of the campaign is very similar to that of the normal campaigns in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.
    I've spent quite some time changing the Human and Orc units and buildings, to resemble that of Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, as those events were during The Second War.
    However I've not followed it exactly, I have customized it a bit to my liking and to my own imagination.

Most of the story I've used has been taken either from my own memory or from wowwiki, so feel free to have a look at these two links for what to expect in the campaign:
    Link 1
    Link 2

[​IMG]
    Story
    After The First War, where the Kingdom of Azeroth (aka Stormwind) was defeated by The Horde, the survivors fled north to the Kingdom of Lordaeron, seeking aid.
    The survivors of Azeroth were led by Lord Anduin Lothar.
    And Lothar convinced the king of Lordaeron, Terenas Menethil II, to gather all kings and leaders of the other northern nations for an urgent meeting.(See characters for more info).
    During the meeting the leaders discussed the approaching threat that was The Horde. After much discussing and talking the leaders agreed to form a strong alliance against The Horde, this became The Alliance of Lordaeron.
    As all of the leaders either wanted to be in command themselves of this new Alliance, or not be commanded by any of the other leaders, they agreed that Lord Lothar would be the supreme commander of their military forces.

At this time Alonsus Faol, the leader of the Church of Light, invented a new type of warrior through his new order (Knights of the Silver Hand), the Paladin, a crossing between holy priests and mighty warriors.
    Some of the first to become Paladins were Uther the Lightbringer and Turalyon. Turalyon was then chosen as second-in-command by Lord Lothar.

It is Turalyon this campaign will follow through this great war between The Alliance and The Horde.

Much more of the story will be revealed within the campaign...

[​IMG]
    Lordaeron
    [​IMG]

Survivors of Azeroth
    [​IMG]

Stromgarde
    [​IMG]

Gilneas
    [​IMG]

Kul Tiras
    [​IMG]

Alterac
    [​IMG]

Dalaran
    [​IMG]

Quel'thalas
    [​IMG]

Bronzebeard Clan
    [​IMG]

Wildhammer Clan
    [​IMG]

Gnomeregan
    Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Blackrock Clan
    [​IMG]

Stormreaver Clan
    [​IMG]

Twilight's Hammer Clan
    [​IMG]

Dragonmaw Clan
    [​IMG]

Black Tooth Grin Clan
    [​IMG]

Burning Blade Clan
    [​IMG]

Amani Tribes
    Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Turalyon
    [​IMG]

Anduin Lothar
    [​IMG]

Thoras Trollbane
    [​IMG]

Ogrim Doomhammer
    Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Alleria Windrunner
    Coming soon...

Terenas Menethil II
    [​IMG]

Genn Greymane
    [​IMG]

Magni Bronzebeard
    [​IMG]

Kurdran Wildhammer
    [​IMG]

Uther the Lightbringer
    Coming soon...

Alonsus Faol
    Coming soon...

Daelin Proudmoore
    [​IMG]

Aiden Perenolde
    Coming soon...

Daval Prestor
    Coming soon...

Antonidas
    Coming soon...

Varok Saurfang
    Coming soon...

Gul'dan
    Coming soon...

Cho'gall
    Coming soon...

Zul'jin
    Coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Human Tech-tree
    [​IMG]

Units coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Orc Tech-tree
    Coming soon...

Units coming soon...

[​IMG]
    Screenshot 1
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 2
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 3
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 4
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 5
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 6
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 7
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 8
    [​IMG]

More screenshots coming..! :thumbs_up:

[​IMG]
    Mission 1
    [​IMG]

Mission 2
    [​IMG]

As I don't want to spoil it all, I thought it best to leave the rest of the loading screens a secret :wink:

[​IMG]
    01.11.2013 - This is what I have so far. I am aware of all the bugs and how unfinished this is, yet it's all I've got so far. So enjoy and play it if you want. Feedback appreciated. And feel free to have a look at some of the terrain for the none-playable maps included.

:fp: Download the unfinished campaign (Uploaded 18.06.2017)

:fp: Download unfinished/bugged Melee map "Corin's Crossing" from 16.08.2014

[​IMG]
    Some of the characters now categorized as a "sub-character" will probably be changed to "main-characters" as they might appear often later in the campaign.

Some of the loading screens, or the whole project for that matter, might be changed or altered before the release. Basically, I might change my mind about the story, the characters or something...

The characters I haven't yet written about can be found on wowwiki, as I'm basing most of the campaign of stuff I've read there.

I'm hoping to release a demo containing the first 2-3 missions very soon.

The mission list under "Progress" might get changed as I go along.. :hohum:

I haven't finished the list of credits regarding models, icons..etc yet, so I hope none of the artists will get mad at me for "stealing" their stuff.. :con:

If the project goes well and it doesn't take up to much of my time (as I'm currently studying), I might make a campaign for the horde, or the alliance expedition through the dark portal.

I might even release a few melee maps for those who want to play multiplayer... :con:

Also, here's a map of some of the regions used in the campaign. Please note I haven't finished it yet, but Blackrock Spire..etc will be used in the campaign!

And here are some signatures if you'd like to support the project :thumbs_up:

Signature 1:
    [​IMG]
    signature 1 path
    • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/second-war-241988/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S5kNUHN.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Signature 2:
    [​IMG]
    signature 2 path
    • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/second-war-241988/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cuGKnCg.png[/IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]
    End of the First War (Prologue)
    The Shores of Lordaeron
    Prison Break
    A Cold Heart
    The Burning Woods
    Crushing the Rebellion

The Defense of Caer Darrow
    ?Cinematic?
    For the King
    ?Cinematic/short mission?
    Retaking Dun Modr
    Entering Dun Morogh
    The Gates of Ironforge
    ??Undecided mission??
    The Siege of Stormwind (?)

Battle at Blackrock
    The Dark Portal

Hidden/Bonus Maps:

First Bonus Map
    Second Bonus Map

Red= 0%
    Orange= 1-80%
    Green= 80-100%

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Awsan

Awsan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like an amazing project!

a little thing i wanna point out: the color code (at development progress, final part of the thread) does not seem to work well.

If you need any ideas/suggestions, tell me. (i recently played through wc2)
    Good luck on your project.

3. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you! I'm hoping it turns out as great as I want it too.. I have really high hopes for myself about this...

Yeah, sorry, I'm not too good when it comes to this forum posting, I don't do it too often. I'm currently in the process of editing the post and removing such small mistakes

4. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Wow... this look awesome, the story are nice ( i love warcraft 2 story ) can wait to see this campaign completed, or just the demo version for play a little :)
    If u need some help in your campaign, centanly you will have my help :)

Good luck with your project !! + rep

5. Awsan

Awsan

Resources:
    Resources:
    will you use the music of wc2? It's amazing, fits the theme and brings back memories C:

6. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    this looks pretty badass dude i like those faction template things you got they remind of when warcraft lore was so good

7. Yousef

Yousef

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will, I didn't played warcraft 2 because the graphics, I think that I will know the story from you !! :D
    Anyway I am here if you wanted my help. :)

8. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This looks great. Good luck in finishing it!

9. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot for all the feedback! :grin:
    Appreciate it :wink:

That's quite a good Idea, I just might do that actually.. I'll see what I can do..

And to those sayin' they'll be happy to help, I just might ask for extra feedback when I'm getting closer to releasing the campaign or testing, for those who are interested
    :ogre_hurrhurr:

10. NelsonLaJe

NelsonLaJe

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I just loved this project, I am offering my help: 3. Depending on what you need you can count on me

11. Malthael

Malthael

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, this is looking brilliant if you need any terrains done PM me i'd love to be a part of this.

Suggestions
    - Customise the techtree more, it's looking a little too similar to wc3 techtree, not necessarily a bad thing but i'd like to see something different.
    - Campaign is already looking pretty big but will the Alliance expedition feature as a mission as in the wc2 expansion?

+rep :D

12. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looking forward to it. Will the damage/hp ratio be more wc2ish or wc3ish?

13. Theoden of KoMe

Theoden of KoMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Very nice.I cant wait until the demo.

14. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll shout out if there's anything I need help with, but for now I think I'm alright ^^ But thanks a lot!

It'll probably be more wc3ish, at least it's for now, but that's an interesting idea.. I might change it to be more wc2ish.. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

15. Znoopy

Znoopy

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm now looking for people to test the campaign in it's current state.
    So please have a look at this link :fp: here

The demo/unfinished campaign will be posted here under the "download" section in a few minutes...

Thanks for the help.

edit: 01.11.2013 - 18:51
    The campaign contains a considerable amount of bugs, and I'm too busy with my studies to have time to work on this campaign right now. But I am posting a VERY buggy and short "demo" for people to test if they'd like to.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  16. Anknaton

Anknaton

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the Idea! Keep the good work! :D

17. D_King23

D_King23

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow this project looks epic!Hope to see more of it! :D

18. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Great Idea! I tried the Demo, looks good so far! Keep up the good work!

19. TaShadan

TaShadan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it, but the difficulty is too low for my taste. There was also a problem in the mission where i should free the elven archers. I was attacking the base when a cutscene started... i nearly lost all my units because they fought on and i was not able to do anything.

20. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I agree but it still has potential!