• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Second War

What do you think of this project?

• I don't like it!

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • It looks ok.

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Looks great!

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • I love it!

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
ZSelwDn.png

SJVNazl.png

The Second War is a campaign I'm currently making. It takes place during The Second War in warcraft history and is very lore-accurate.

I'm working alone on the project, so everything is done by me, however I download most custom models and skins here from Hive as I do not make models.
Most custom icons are also downloaded from Hive, as I cannot be bothered to make my own, although I do when necessary.

The playing style of the campaign is very similar to that of the normal campaigns in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne.
I've spent quite some time changing the Human and Orc units and buildings, to resemble that of Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness, as those events were during The Second War.
However I've not followed it exactly, I have customized it a bit to my liking and to my own imagination.

Most of the story I've used has been taken either from my own memory or from wowwiki, so feel free to have a look at these two links for what to expect in the campaign:
Link 1
Link 2

DdhkCDc.png

After The First War, where the Kingdom of Azeroth (aka Stormwind) was defeated by The Horde, the survivors fled north to the Kingdom of Lordaeron, seeking aid.
The survivors of Azeroth were led by Lord Anduin Lothar.
And Lothar convinced the king of Lordaeron, Terenas Menethil II, to gather all kings and leaders of the other northern nations for an urgent meeting.(See characters for more info).
During the meeting the leaders discussed the approaching threat that was The Horde. After much discussing and talking the leaders agreed to form a strong alliance against The Horde, this became The Alliance of Lordaeron.
As all of the leaders either wanted to be in command themselves of this new Alliance, or not be commanded by any of the other leaders, they agreed that Lord Lothar would be the supreme commander of their military forces.

At this time Alonsus Faol, the leader of the Church of Light, invented a new type of warrior through his new order (Knights of the Silver Hand), the Paladin, a crossing between holy priests and mighty warriors.
Some of the first to become Paladins were Uther the Lightbringer and Turalyon. Turalyon was then chosen as second-in-command by Lord Lothar.

It is Turalyon this campaign will follow through this great war between The Alliance and The Horde.

Much more of the story will be revealed within the campaign...

DwEuoVC.png

TakQhDc.png

zWUdSU6.png

NzE9iJB.png

LpPEo9E.png

cI1CnSt.png

F6EtwcL.png

nl1Vc5G.png

yRwCzRp.png

TsmZSJW.png

Woxgg1g.png

Coming soon...

PTpaECY.png

AAoBtkg.png

hbDGvZh.png

WTaUgMR.png

yGgSNMm.png

oPIULbv.png

4REp056.png

Coming soon...

rHdvkb7.png

wwWdaXc.png

MTFREXL.png

Macl2o9.png

Coming soon...

aMGaiSR.png

Coming soon...

Xd87Pe2.png

2UQVeqM.png

ycKWYk7.png

1hXp0M3.png

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

axCD8ke.png

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Coming soon...

XJWJMnw.png

SoCkylC.png

Units coming soon...

bK6TaZD.png

Coming soon...

Units coming soon...

vbl2Lae.png

JXex56Y.png

u3qZJnV.png

ueTDOIn.png

ukmejyo.png

fpr3R4K.png

YJE5wPS.png

EgJHg5S.png

73IU4w0.png

More screenshots coming..! :thumbs_up:

RduviYr.png

FppJ2pE.png

GDj4A9m.png

As I don't want to spoil it all, I thought it best to leave the rest of the loading screens a secret :wink:

DZsY6r8.png

01.11.2013 - This is what I have so far. I am aware of all the bugs and how unfinished this is, yet it's all I've got so far. So enjoy and play it if you want. Feedback appreciated. And feel free to have a look at some of the terrain for the none-playable maps included.

:fp: Download the unfinished campaign (Uploaded 18.06.2017)

:fp: Download unfinished/bugged Melee map "Corin's Crossing" from 16.08.2014

xYI64ym.png

Some of the characters now categorized as a "sub-character" will probably be changed to "main-characters" as they might appear often later in the campaign.

Some of the loading screens, or the whole project for that matter, might be changed or altered before the release. Basically, I might change my mind about the story, the characters or something...

The characters I haven't yet written about can be found on wowwiki, as I'm basing most of the campaign of stuff I've read there.

I'm hoping to release a demo containing the first 2-3 missions very soon.

The mission list under "Progress" might get changed as I go along.. :hohum:

I haven't finished the list of credits regarding models, icons..etc yet, so I hope none of the artists will get mad at me for "stealing" their stuff.. :con:

If the project goes well and it doesn't take up to much of my time (as I'm currently studying), I might make a campaign for the horde, or the alliance expedition through the dark portal.

I might even release a few melee maps for those who want to play multiplayer... :con:

Also, here's a map of some of the regions used in the campaign. Please note I haven't finished it yet, but Blackrock Spire..etc will be used in the campaign!

And here are some signatures if you'd like to support the project :thumbs_up:

Signature 1:
S5kNUHN.jpg

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/second-war-241988/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S5kNUHN.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Signature 2:
cuGKnCg.png

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/second-war-241988/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cuGKnCg.png[/IMG][/URL]
wxkNuNw.png

End of the First War (Prologue)
The Shores of Lordaeron
Prison Break
A Cold Heart
The Burning Woods
Crushing the Rebellion

The Defense of Caer Darrow
?Cinematic?
For the King
?Cinematic/short mission?
Retaking Dun Modr
Entering Dun Morogh
The Gates of Ironforge
??Undecided mission??
The Siege of Stormwind (?)

Battle at Blackrock
The Dark Portal

Hidden/Bonus Maps:

First Bonus Map
Second Bonus Map

Red= 0%
Orange= 1-80%
Green= 80-100%

vIQkqhH.png

Attachments

• SecondWarMelee_CoriasCrossing.w3x
    9 MB · Views: 1,642
  • The Second War Campaign.w3n
    16.3 MB · Views: 1,847
Last edited:
Level 6
Looks like an amazing project!

a little thing i wanna point out: the color code (at development progress, final part of the thread) does not seem to work well.

If you need any ideas/suggestions, tell me. (i recently played through wc2)
Good luck on your project.

Level 5
Thank you! I'm hoping it turns out as great as I want it too.. I have really high hopes for myself about this...

Yeah, sorry, I'm not too good when it comes to this forum posting, I don't do it too often. I'm currently in the process of editing the post and removing such small mistakes

Level 11
Will, I didn't played warcraft 2 because the graphics, I think that I will know the story from you !! :D
Anyway I am here if you wanted my help. :)

Level 5
Thanks a lot for all the feedback! :grin:
Appreciate it :wink:

will you use the music of wc2? It's amazing, fits the theme and brings back memories C:

That's quite a good Idea, I just might do that actually.. I'll see what I can do..

And to those sayin' they'll be happy to help, I just might ask for extra feedback when I'm getting closer to releasing the campaign or testing, for those who are interested
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 2
Wow, this is looking brilliant if you need any terrains done PM me i'd love to be a part of this.

Suggestions
- Customise the techtree more, it's looking a little too similar to wc3 techtree, not necessarily a bad thing but i'd like to see something different.
- Campaign is already looking pretty big but will the Alliance expedition feature as a mission as in the wc2 expansion?

+rep :D

Level 5
I just loved this project, I am offering my help: 3. Depending on what you need you can count on me

Wow, this is looking brilliant if you need any terrains done PM me i'd love to be a part of this.

I'll shout out if there's anything I need help with, but for now I think I'm alright ^^ But thanks a lot!

Looking forward to it. Will the damage/hp ratio be more wc2ish or wc3ish?

It'll probably be more wc3ish, at least it's for now, but that's an interesting idea.. I might change it to be more wc2ish.. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Level 5
I'm now looking for people to test the campaign in it's current state.
So please have a look at this link :fp: here

The demo/unfinished campaign will be posted here under the "download" section in a few minutes...

Thanks for the help.

edit: 01.11.2013 - 18:51
The campaign contains a considerable amount of bugs, and I'm too busy with my studies to have time to work on this campaign right now. But I am posting a VERY buggy and short "demo" for people to test if they'd like to.

Last edited:
Level 13
I like it, but the difficulty is too low for my taste. There was also a problem in the mission where i should free the elven archers. I was attacking the base when a cutscene started... i nearly lost all my units because they fought on and i was not able to do anything.

Level 3
Just a suggestion, (You'd probably have to start over) But couldn't you use the Warcraft 2.5 engine? It has the White Player and such, granted there are probably better engines, and since Warcraft 2.5 removes Pink, you'd have no decent Dalaran colour.
(Purple is an Idea, but I doubt it'd work in some maps.)
Also I would like to test it! :3

Level 13
Just a suggestion, (You'd probably have to start over) But couldn't you use the Warcraft 2.5 engine? It has the White Player and such, granted there are probably better engines, and since Warcraft 2.5 removes Pink, you'd have no decent Dalaran colour.
(Purple is an Idea, but I doubt it'd work in some maps.)
Also I would like to test it! :3

He could change the colors, its easy. But if he wants to use the Wc2.5 settings he has to rework alot i guess.

Level 2
You should use a different voice for the elven archer the bandit voice inst fitting enough
Also you dont need custom models for everything epecially the Peasants/Peons

Level 5
:goblin_cry: Disappointing update:

I'm afraid I've been busy with my studies and exams.. What time I've had to spare has been spent being with friends or going home on holiday.

I'm disappointing to say I find extremely little and close to no time at all to work on this project..

However I am hoping to find more time to work on it soon, but I must confess I find it highly unlikely, as I haven't really got the motivation right now, and my studies and personal life are really sucking up all my time.

But I can say that I am considering making this a project for more people, so we'll see how it goes, maybe I'll try and find someone to either take over the project, or at least help me on my way.. I'm not sure yet thought, as I really hate working with others on these types of projects :p I'm a very selfish and to be honest, rude guy. So I often shut down other people's ideas and always know what I want myself, and prefer to do them myself..

I'd also like to thank everyone for your support and I hope to see you all again the day I can finally release an update for this project. Please be patient as it might either take a long time for a big update, or a very tiny little update...

PS! I still appreciate the feedback and regarding the voice of the elven archers, I'd love to hear a better suggesting, as I've struggled to find a replacement... :thumbs_up:

Level 5
And how about make the bloody thing already.

Well im a little excited

Humans and Dwaves are my favourite races.

I'd once more like to thank you and everyone else for their support and understanding regarding how long it will take me to finish this campaign, as I hardly get any work done on it due to my studies and personal life. :thumbs_up:

So when are you going to finish it?

I have absolutely no clue when it might be done, as I've mentioned before, I rarely find time to work on it, and most of my free time is spent on other things. However I can say that for the last week I've had a sliiight boost in motivation and have been trying to find more time for the project. But I do know myself, and I am sorry to say, the motivation will probably not last long, and I've got a big project coming up (school project-thingy), so I suspect there will be very little time to work on this WC3 Campaign.

And since I didn't find any of your comments to be anywhere near polite, I'll respond in the same way:

The campaign ain't gonna be bloody finished for a long time, so unless you wanna make your own, be patient. And please, don't f****ing double post, just use the damn edit button.

And please find time to think before you post, so that we may all enjoy a good spot of politeness when reading your future posts.
:wink: Sorry for the harsh reply.

- And thanks a lot for the help with the archer's voice, although I didn't feel the priest voice fit too well.. Any other ideas? :grin:

EDIT: forgot to mention that my motivation boost came from all the people sending me PM's and posting here on this thread. Thanks a lot! :thumbs_up:

Level 2
I'd once more like to thank you and everyone else for their support and understanding regarding how long it will take me to finish this campaign, as I hardly get any work done on it due to my studies and personal life. :thumbs_up:

I have absolutely no clue when it might be done, as I've mentioned before, I rarely find time to work on it, and most of my free time is spent on other things. However I can say that for the last week I've had a sliiight boost in motivation and have been trying to find more time for the project. But I do know myself, and I am sorry to say, the motivation will probably not last long, and I've got a big project coming up (school project-thingy), so I suspect there will be very little time to work on this WC3 Campaign.

And since I didn't find any of your comments to be anywhere near polite, I'll respond in the same way:

The campaign ain't gonna be bloody finished for a long time, so unless you wanna make your own, be patient. And please, don't f****ing double post, just use the damn edit button.

And please find time to think before you post, so that we may all enjoy a good spot of politeness when reading your future posts.
:wink: Sorry for the harsh reply.

- And thanks a lot for the help with the archer's voice, although I didn't feel the priest voice fit too well.. Any other ideas? :grin:

EDIT: forgot to mention that my motivation boost came from all the people sending me PM's and posting here on this thread. Thanks a lot! :thumbs_up:

Priest is atleast better then the Bandit voice

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Busy doing what?

As I've stated many, many times before: I'm studying, which if you don't know, means I actually have to study. And I'm studying fitness/sports and so I have classes with theoretical/writing/reading to be done + sports which have to be practiced (for example swimming, skiing..etc). And on top of that I have my own work outs I do. So after that I must apologize for not spending all my spare time on this project, but instead playing other games with friends or going out with my classmates.

FYI I just sat down to try and get a tiny bit of work done on the project.

Level 24
So the three sister Alleria, Vereesa and Sylvanas will they all be there, they all played big parts in the second war after all?

Level 5
I haven't given much thought to Vereesa and Sylvanas, as I'm not sure how and where to put them into the campaign other than perhaps just mention them..?

Alleria will be present and hopefully playable on at least one map.

Level 24
Did they?

I remeber Alleria
Why dont remeber Vereesa and Sylvanas even being mention in the WC2

Vereesa appears in the novel Day of the Dragon from 2001 (1 year prior to the release of WarCraft III) she was one of the main characters in bringing down Deathwing. Sylvanas helped Alleria defend their homeland of Quel'Thalas against Orgrim Doomhammer.

And change your f-ing name and avatar picture.

Level 5
With a bit of curiosity and logic, I'd guess it's "The Fuzzy Ear" with a new account, as it was created today, has only one post, he had an avatar of Hitler and the account "The Fuzzy Ear" is now banned..

However, it could be one massive coincidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.