• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rumor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm only speaking model-wise, not lore.

Level 8
i could see the naga's armor as far as the segmented armor pieces go.
I couldn't see nagas becomeing a race though, because think about this: What would the nagas mount be? They cant ride a quadruped, that would look very strange. The only think i could think of (this would have no visual effects though) would be, slippery scales or oiled scales or something along that line, and to me that doesn't sound like something blizz would do.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

They would use lore to create a new naga breed which has mutated (by magic corruption) legs, thus allowing them to be a playable humanoid race, much like dragonspawn with two legs.

Sounds like Blizzard to me.

Level 36
It would be fun, but not CANONICAL. YOU PEOPLE ARE AS BAD AS THE WOW DEVS! Here you claim to love Warcraft, but then you go and say "why don't they add this cuz it wud be teh funz?1?!?!" BECAUSE IT WOULD WRECK THE GOD DAMNED LORE. Why do you think so many people hate WoW for messing up the Wc lore as it is? Because they made all of their decisions like you people are. "Oh, here's an idea. It's fun. And we here at Blizzard all know that more fun= more subscribers which totally= more of TEH MONEYSZSZXZ!!!!1!!1 Who cares if it's canonical, it's fun, so no one will care anywayz!!!!"

Fuck that. I want my Warcrafr games to be fun, yes, but I also want them to follow the existing lore that was so tirelessly created.

Level 2
It would be fun, but not CANONICAL. YOU PEOPLE ARE AS BAD AS THE WOW DEVS! Here you claim to love Warcraft, but then you go and say "why don't they add this cuz it wud be teh funz?1?!?!" BECAUSE IT WOULD WRECK THE GOD DAMNED LORE. Why do you think so many people hate WoW for messing up the Wc lore as it is? Because they made all of their decisions like you people are. "Oh, here's an idea. It's fun. And we here at Blizzard all know that more fun= more subscribers which totally= more of TEH MONEYSZSZXZ!!!!1!!1 Who cares if it's canonical, it's fun, so no one will care anywayz!!!!"

Fuck that. I want my Warcrafr games to be fun, yes, but I also want them to follow the existing lore that was so tirelessly created.

From my point of view, the Warcraft devs are just trying to advance the plot.
(Wtf, I said Warcraft and plot in the same sentence.)
If the lore just stayed the same since warcraft 3 which was 4 to 5 years ago, it would be pretty slow and dull. And, you have to admit, 8.5 or something million players is very impressive.
But what if Blizzard made Warcraft 4 instead of the MMO we have today? Would it
brad.dude03 said:
WRECK THE GOD DAMNED LORE?
You would think not. As stated before, if the lore was the same from warcraft 1, which mind you, was 13 years ago, all the way to warcraft 3, it would suck. Where did Rexxar come from all of a sudden? Panda and Fish people? That can talk? Bloodelf wha? Think about Arthas, and how he killed his father. If this were introduced through World of Warcraft, you would've thought it was a load of bullshit. Why? Well, that's your problem. If you look at World of Warcraft as another expansion to Warcraft 3, it would make a whole lot more sense. And in reality, World of Warcraft IS another expansion to Warcraft 3. Hell, it's about 3 expansions combined.

Sorry for my crap logic.

HappyTauren said:
furbolgs - aliance
naga - horde

LORE DESTROYED WITH DRAENEIS

This also shows a sign of the lore progressing. The draenei.. uh.. smacked into the planet SO hard that they thought they were on the Alliance... ? Plus, orcs invaded their homeland. And have you played the human campaign of The Frozen Throne? Lord Kael'thas and his bloodelves don't really like the humans that much.

.. IMO Horde should've had Draenei and Bloodelfs and the alliance got nothing. :D

WILLTHEALLMIGHTY said:
I want goblins and pandarens as new races.

Both female and male goblins are just reskins of the dwarf male with different sounds. World of Warcraft already has dwarves.

Last edited:
Level 12
I hope you read my post about Blizzard being able to do lore retcons whenever they want to. It's not hard to invent new lore to create a background story for the expansion.

Level 36
Hey. With a new RTS game, the decisions are being made to add to the story. Adding new features to the RTs gametype wont screw up the lore. They do when you have an MMP. In an MMO you have to have bosses, and instances, and naturally Blizzard had to fill them with all kinds of things that you shouldn't be able to kill according to the Lore (firelord). This is the kind of crap that I don't like seeing. Blizzard devs are always "Fun first, lore second. We come up with an idea, and then we try and make the lore bend to its will"

I seriously dont know why horse got BE specially since trolls HATE elves.

I know why. First of all the Amani Trolls (Forest Trolls) and the Darkspear Tribe (Horde) are entirley different tribes. The Undead may have attacked and destroyed Quel'thalas but they split away from the Scourge. BE and Forsaken are both enemies of the Scourge. Orcs have a "similar" addiction to Fel Magics. The Orcs really have a lot of control of the Horde because Trolls and Tauren are part of the Orc race in Wc3 and well nobody can trust a dead guy. So it was proboaly them who let them in.

It says on WoW Wiki that Tauren share addiction to.. But that must be some sort of mistake.

Besides that fact that Orcs are large brutes they are still very kind. Mostly the Shamans like Thrall. (Leader of the Horde). Blood Elves had to turn to the Horde or they would have died. Horde + Alliance vs. Blood Elves. That wouldn't be good.

Level 8
I don't think its ENTIRELY pointless, maybe this particular person likes to click the target (A button) when his char attacks and swing the wii remote to get a more "your in the game" feeling, like its him swinging the weapon and not his toon...But other than that you'd be right, he would get raped in the face, which is why (most likely) he only kills things 10 lvls lower than he is when he is playing that way.

Level 36
Uh... no, because all it does is act as a mouse. The buttons are good for nothing. all A does is click. That's all he can do is left click with his Wii remote. So he still has to move the thing around his action bars to 'click' his various spells, and this can obviously be done far faster with the use of hotkeys, therefor I'd bet a lot of money that he'd get raped in PVP, or even PVE for that matter.

Level 36
Anyway, it's not like it can't be discussed here. Trying to remain perfectly ontopic is futile, and it wou,d require a moderation team from Hell. Once the original purpose of a thread has been fulfilled, it naturally moves on to other topics, because people have a natural tendancy to continue talking about things that are interesting them that are vaguely related to the topic at hand. Human tendancy is to continue conversation after a topic has ended, instead of just letting it hang. So by trying to go against our very nature, you are setting yourself up for a hell of a lot of work, and a nightmare for all of the users.

Okay im not trying to be mean but. The people who want to talk about WoW Wii will never know that the thread called "The Rumor" is about World Of Warcraft on Wii. And well that "When the original topic of a thread has been dealt with, the topic 99% of the time moves to a different topic" is true. But I'm still just saying. Some questions about The Expansion haven't been answered so it's not really done. The make a new thread is kind of a suggestion.

Level 8
That may very well be true...If you look at rogues, they've been getting dumber and dumber tier costumes ever since tier 3

Level 8
awesomer...lol. Hunter gear i think is very nice for the eyes (probly cuz im a hunter myself) locks have pretty cool tier gear as well. And who in their right mind doesn't think axe heads on shoulders look awesome.
Either way, imo rogue tier gear and possibly mage tier gear are spiraling, and all the others are just getting cooler. Although, depending on the number of expansions that come out, and the number of patches that intoduce tier gear in those expansions. Eventually the shoulders on a warrior are gonna be ridiculously huge, and the graphics on warlock tier gear will make comps crash because of all the particles. (assuming the gear for those classes stays on the same path they are on now).

Level 25
Although Goblins are Neutral in most areas, what about the venture co.? Many races such as the Dwarves, Goblins, Gnolls, Ogres, etc. are in venture co. Basicly that's the mercenarys right there, but allied together to revolt against the both forces of Horde and Alliance to become more in control and prosperous of their own things.

I doubt that they will add another playable race, but there is a small chance that Pandarens and/or get to be playable. Drenai were never in the first WoW, but new in the expanison, so there is a chance that the new race in WoW expansion2 will have a race, possibly pandaren, but probably not since it's something we'd expect. Blizzard wants to suprise us AND keep to the story. I say Goblins may be playable in one of the expansions because they already got mounts, male/female models, all the required animations of a player, and they have their own city (Gadjetzan or Bootybay)
But adding a Neutral faction to be playable will be pointless because you can just join a PvE server and make a Hordie or Alliance.

Venture Co. would never work for a new race. They are just Dwarves, Goblins, Gnolls, and Humans that are destroying the environment. (I think Lumber and Oil Refineries are for the Money). Never trust a greedy goblin.

Blood Elves were extremely predictable for the Burning Crusade. Draenei were completely unpredictable though. Goblins would be like Blood Elves, very predictable, and Pandaren would just be an odd addition to the game.

Goblins and Pandaren would have to be like an additional Mercanary race for both Alliance and Horde. Because what would happen to Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, and the Everlook if they took one side. Pandaren would be good for mercenaries because people always think of them as Alliance, I'm not sure why, but Chen Stormstout helped out the Horde so tecnically they could be both groups. Alliance and Horde.

Level 25
Well another reason why I think Goblins and Pandaren should be horde is because Goblins would be the Horde's Gnomes basicly and the Pandaren would be like the Horde's dwarves. Blizzard has been basing the races on opposing factions such as Drenai based from Tauren model, but enhanced of course. Plus not only would it work, but it'd be easier for Blizzard and less time consuming to make.
For the Alliance, I have no idea what else they'd let into their force besides one of the creeps that are found in Warcraft III such as a Revenant or something in that category.
And back to the subject where you guys think they'll stop making expansions soon, they won't. Especially with all the hardcore competition they've got coming their way such as Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning and Age of Conan, hell... even Lord of the Rings Online is getting alot of attention too.
So if WoW stopped producing more expansions after Northrend and all the little Isles + the new bonus islands they add such as the Exodar, Blizzard would lose profit and players really quick.

Back on topic with new races:
They will without a doubt add new races and classes every expansion release because they haven't used up all of their race ideas AND they have not released all their class ideas. Necromancer Class(Warlock is completely different), Death Knight(Basicly a Dark Paladin[Horde]), and what about the Dreadlords race? I'm pretty sure they're not a part of the Undead strictly.
-Craka_J

Rui

Rui

Level 41
From my point of view, the Warcraft devs are just trying to advance the plot.
(Wtf, I said Warcraft and plot in the same sentence.)
If the lore just stayed the same since warcraft 3 which was 4 to 5 years ago, it would be pretty slow and dull. And, you have to admit, 8.5 or something million players is very impressive.
But what if Blizzard made Warcraft 4 instead of the MMO we have today? Would it You would think not. As stated before, if the lore was the same from warcraft 1, which mind you, was 13 years ago, all the way to warcraft 3, it would suck. Where did Rexxar come from all of a sudden? Panda and Fish people? That can talk? Bloodelf wha? Think about Arthas, and how he killed his father. If this were introduced through World of Warcraft, you would've thought it was a load of bullshit. Why? Well, that's your problem. If you look at World of Warcraft as another expansion to Warcraft 3, it would make a whole lot more sense. And in reality, World of Warcraft IS another expansion to Warcraft 3. Hell, it's about 3 expansions combined.

Sorry for my crap logic.

I would prefer to have Warcraft IV instead of the MMORPG. First, because Warcraft III is dying as we see. Half of the Wc3 Community + Battle.net left for WoW, and the other half is about to leave for Starcraft II when it comes out.
Besides, in the MMORPG they had to mix races to make two factions. I don't see the Forsaken joining the Horde for any other purpose.
Blood Elves joining the Horde was another thing I did not agree with. Draenei, well, they appear to be cool, and it is logically because, according to their story, they also follow the Light and that means they would be most welcome by the Humans.

About the Wc1 & II lore, I think that's the part we can call "LotR-rip-off"; Humans vs Orcs. Sounds familiar. With beasts (Ogres) to help the Orcs... and Elves to help Humans... and Humans that turn Evil to help Orcs... and the Death Knights of the Horde Nazgûl-wannabe... Right... I'm glad they introduced the Scourge, it completly changed the story.

I still want Warcraft IV to be made. If it would break the alliances made in the MMORPG, the lore might have been fixed.

This also shows a sign of the lore progressing. The draenei.. uh.. smacked into the planet SO hard that they thought they were on the Alliance... ? Plus, orcs invaded their homeland. And have you played the human campaign of The Frozen Throne? Lord Kael'thas and his bloodelves don't really like the humans that much.

The Draenei were a good addition to the Alliance. However, I doubt the Blood Elves had any necessity to join the Horde.

.. IMO Horde should've had Draenei and Bloodelfs and the alliance got nothing. :D

Yes, then the Horde would swarm over the Alliance, and Alliance would suck more than it already does.

I seriously dont know why horse got BE specially since trolls HATE elves.

Only the Forest Trolls. The High Elves took Quel'Thalas by force, and there were multiple wars between Forest Trolls and High Elves. But of course, with the powers of the Arcane, the High Elves would prevail.

If it was up to me, this expansion would have no new races. The lore is screwed enough. It was an error for the Forsaken and the Blood Elves to join the Horde. Blood Elves already have an ally, the Naga, and the Forsaken would be much more interesting. Besides, doesn't Thrall dislike the use of Fel magic? He already has Warlocks in his own race, and the best he could have done would be allowing Blood Elves, which are more or less allied with the Burning Legion, join his faction. I don't think the Trolls and Tauren have a different opinion.

*sigh*... The Blood Elves on the Horde do not really agree with Fel Magics. They want to stop their addiction just like the Orcs. Draenei makes sense to join the Alliance, it kinda made sense when Blood Elves joined the Horde, but Forsaken... I do not see at all how they could possibly want to join the Horde. They should be their own Faction like the Scourge. An enemy of Horde and Alliance.

Level 36
The Forsaken joined the Horde mainly because they're pushing two things right now: jack and shit. The Forsaken absolutely hate the Scourge, so really they have a common enemy. The Forsaken could never be part of the Alliance (they kind of took over their lands and destroyed their people) so the fledgling Horde accepted them. Really the Forsaken are pretty much just using the Horde for protection and resources, but they were the obvious choice for faction. Everyone wanted to play Undead, and to play the Scourge would be unrealistic, so the Forsaken were used instead.

Level 12
If it was up to me, this expansion would have no new races. The lore is screwed enough. It was an error for the Forsaken and the Blood Elves to join the Horde. Blood Elves already have an ally, the Naga, and the Forsaken would be much more interesting. Besides, doesn't Thrall dislike the use of Fel magic? He already has Warlocks in his own race, and the best he could have done would be allowing Blood Elves, which are more or less allied with the Burning Legion, join his faction. I don't think the Trolls and Tauren have a different opinion.

To also explained how they joined, the Forsaken joined because of their common enemy the Scourge. The Alliance would never let them join, so they came to the Horde. Despite the distrust Thrall and Cairne had for the undead, the Horde needed forces in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Blood elves joined the Horde because when the Dark Portal opened, they sent an expedition to recolonize Outland. The blood elves, following the promise of Kael'thas, needed their allies' help. They already could contact the Horde because the Forsaken had Sylvanas, a former high elf. [Spoiler Here] However, later in the game, the blood elves realize the Sunfury, Kael's fanatic followers, have allied with the Burning Legion and intend to defy Illidan.

Can't think of anything other gaps to fill.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Really I doubt the Forsaken were accepted because the Horde "needed forces in the Eastern Kingdoms". That is Blizzard's word for sure, but if the Horde wishes to have peace, I doubt they would want to ally with the Forsaken just for the sake of having forces in the East. Why? The Humans that are unallied with the Orcs are the Humans of Stormwind. Stormwind is located on Azeroth, as well as Khaz Modan, and the Forsaken hold Tirisfal Glades in Lordaeron. With a constant conflict between the Scourge and the Forsaken, I doubt it really makes all that sence.
One thing is true, though, if I recall, the Forsaken do not have necromancers, therefore, they can't multiply as quickly as the Scourge.

To also explained how they joined, the Forsaken joined because of their common enemy the Scourge. The Alliance would never let them join, so they came to the Horde. Despite the distrust Thrall and Cairne had for the undead, the Horde needed forces in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Blood elves joined the Horde because when the Dark Portal opened, they sent an expedition to recolonize Outland. The blood elves, following the promise of Kael'thas, needed their allies' help. They already could contact the Horde because the Forsaken had Sylvanas, a former high elf. [Spoiler Here] However, later in the game, the blood elves realize the Sunfury, Kael's fanatic followers, have allied with the Burning Legion and intend to defy Illidan.

First it was Akama, I heard, who wished to unally Illidan, now you tell me there are more (not really Kael'Thas, for what I understood) that wish to defy Illidan. This concludes Illidan is full of untrustworthy allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.