• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Ruins of Dalenthal Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
---Ruins of Dalenthal [RoD]---

Download the BETA Campaign (2 Maps) DO NOT MODIFY MY MAPS WITHOUT PERMISSION! These maps are not finished versions.

About The Campaign

I've had this project for quite a while; atleast 9 months, likely more. I've been working on it on and off for weeks now, and hoping to have it complete within a few months, before I start High School and my schedule gets tied up. Yes, this is a one-man project, but the outcome of the map I'm hoping will be astounding.

The Storyline

I've taken a lot of thought into the storyline, even when not working on the campaign. The campaign takes place in Azeroth, off on a currently unnamed land, after Arthas takes the throne as Lich King. Dalenthal's main race is mostly human, however very few of other races took refuge there. The city is named after it's king, Icith Dalenthal Dalenthal. Because of his over-generous beliefs of letting pretty much all races into the city, a group called, the Orgonak Orcs, led by King Orgonak, sneak a group of orcs into the city, taking close note of all positions of the guards, and weak points of the city.

The city of Dalenthal is large, and it took months for the spies to complete their records. Once complete, Orgonak sent over 80% of his whole army to raid Dalenthal. The intro mission of the campaign, you go into the eyes of an executor, entering the city of Dalenthal to kill King Icith in front of hundreds of citizens. The city is trashed; almost. A crusader-commander named Garrick, is on a mission to save what's left of Dalenthal. But what neither of the races know, is that there is another species now attacking Dalenthal.

What is so important about the city that everyone needs to conquer it? Very few know the secret, and it will soon be known to all.

(This is only part of the storyline, there is much that goes on before, and I plan to do another campaign on it, or a large multiplayer RPG on it after the campaign.)

The Characters

Garrick: A crusader-commander that's on a mission to cleanse Dalenthal of the orcs, and the other unknown attackers. [Playable: Yes]

Grak'ogg: An orc hero under the command of King Orgonak, who is sent in mission 2 to plant banners around Dalenthal. [Playable: Yes]

Malak: A commander, said to be corrupt, who takes Garrick's place after his strange disappearence. [Playable: Not Yet Sure]

King Icith Dalenthal: The King of Dalenthal, who is captured and executed at the intro mission by King Orgonak's men. Pronounced, 'Eye-sith Dal-in-thal' [Playable: No]

King Orgonak: The King of the Orgonak army and leader of the raid. Later on after the story his army is named, The Orgonak Onslaught. [Playable: Not Yet Sure]

Kajind Arashicage: An Orgonak Executor seen only in the intro mission, as you take him through the burnt down city of Dalenthal to kill King Dalenthal. [Playable: Yes]

...And more to be announced as the first public-beta is released.

The Factions

Dalenthal: Plainly named, as for Dalenthal was not a highly hostile, and war-driven city. After mission 1, under command of Malak.

The Orgonak Orcs: The army of orcs under command of King Orgonak, who slaughter everyone in sight, no matter where they raid.

The Dalenthal Crusade: The reformed true Dalenthal order, who were left behind by Malak and his men. This crusade is formed by two factions. Play through the game to see who.

The Scourge: The secret attackers, who intercept and attack the orcs and humans, by opening up holes in the city from underground.

The Grack Clan Like the Defias from World of Warcraft, the Grack Clan is a dangerous brotherhood of thieves and killers. Most of the clan is locked up inside the Dalenthal prison, but now seem to be using the attack to their advantage, and somewhat escaping. However, they've built a small town inside the prison, and will make an unexpected alliance.

Achievements

Some of you know what achievements are, special things you do in order to unlock cool prizes. Throughout each map, except the intro, there are achievements you can earn. Some of them generic, such as "Kill this guy" or "Kill these guys", while others are secret, and won't tell you what they are until you find them.

Some achievements will reward you, while others are just for you to remember.

Secret Achievement on Mission One: Private Thorsen's Guard Badge

This is a small guide on getting the secret achievement and what it does. If you want to find it yourself, stop reading this.

Go to the northern part of the Barracks District, and you will find two orcs and an item. Take the item, and you will have unlocked the achievement. However, there is more that happens. Keep the guard badge on you, and take it to the Grack Prison District, once you get to that quest area.

There will be a door, unopenable unless you have the guard badge. Know that there are 2 doors unopenable, one of them is later on in the quest, the other is for the guard badge. Inside, you will find monsters, and by killing them, will be rewarded.
SecretAchieve1.jpg

The next secret, is much later on in the campaign. [[[SPOILER!!!!]]]

Once Garrick has been "transformed", finish the campaign to the end. Right before you get to the island past the gates after you destroy the boat, there will be an opening in the trees. Explore the area, and a secret will be there.
SecretAchieve2.jpg

Easy Achievement on Mission One: That's a lot of items...

This is a very easy achievement to get while playing through the game, and you might not "necessarily" need this guide. To get this achievement, you will run into two hunters inside the Grack prison. The first one is a dwarf, and is colored gray. He will be walking inbetween the alley of 4 prison cells.

GoreSharpshot.jpg

The second is also colored gray, and is an elf. You will find her deeper inside the Grack prison.
ElwynnaStrongbow.jpg
The reason this achievement is called, "That's a lot of Items..." is because you will get atleast 2 items total from them; 4 if you're lucky.

Screenshots

Know that the following screenshots taken may not be in the finished version. More screenshots will be added in the days to come.

RoD Screenshot1.jpg
Intro Mission
RoD Screenshot3.jpg
Mission one, Malak (teal) and a Dalenthal Lieutenant (Green) converse plans.
RoD Screnshot2.jpg
Outside one of Dalenthal's retaken and destroyed entrances in mission one.

Questions and Answers

Q: How many maps will there be in this campaign?

A: Currently unknown, but it will be quite a few maps.

Q: Will this ever be multiplayer?

A: Yes! After i'm done with the campaign, I plan to make it multiplayer. It will be easy to implement, but it will not be till after the campaign is fully finished and flawless.

Q: Where can I download the open beta?

A: You can find the link to the BETA at the top of the post.

Q:
Where on Azeroth does this take place exactly?

A: It is not in Lordaeron, or Kalimdor, not even Northrend. The name of the continent is not yet stated.

Q: Will all the maps take place within Dalenthal?

A: No, most of them will, but there will be missions that take you outside of Dalenthal. The first few missions you will be stuck in Dalenthal.

Q:
What races are playable?

A:
You will not only be saving Dalenthal with using Garrick, you will also be attacking it, with characters such as Grak'ogg.

If there are any questions not answered here, please ask away!

Credits

Very important people!

FrIkY - Mag'har Orc Skins

Xelthyr - Death Knight Model

Elenai - Elven Models

Elunes-Guardian - Holy Anti-Magic Shell

JetFangInferno - Holy Wisp Explode

How Can I Help?

If you are interested in helping with the project, I am in need of:

A Signature Banner
- A clickable banner representing the project. If you think you can do it, that'd be great! Private Message me if so.

A Loading Screen
- Only one loading screen is needed. If multiple loading screens are presented to me by different people, I may even use all of them!

Last edited:
Level 3
Sounds pretty neat. Cant wait for the full release of the game. Gonna try the demo when i get time to it. :)

~Murcky~

Level 13
Hmm. Im gonna check it out. Storyline seem to be amazing ;D And names are good choosen for their respective races. But when looking at the screenshots, i must say. The terrain looks kinda boring. Im gonna check this out now.
I go play the demo now :D

Level 13
Yeah, i played it, and i was suprised how bad the terrain looked. Also in the first map, where the church is, theres just nothing behind it. You need to use better doodads n' stuff. And use the raie/lower tool. (cliffs are usually awful, but many use them, so they're not that big a problem.)

Status
Not open for further replies.