• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Great Crusade Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Decided to start a Campaign, its not that hard, just time consuming

Team
Me and my World Editor
Looking for triggerers, Model makers/skinners

The Great Crusade
Man has been fighting Man for over a thousand years now, after the "Republic" fell to the Ork's unstoppable Greentide.
One by one, the disorganized City-States and Countries fell to ruin, either being oppressed by other races, or being ruled by a corrupt leader.

Now, a New Order is arising, the Empire, lead by the Emperor, Master of Mankind. His real name is unknown, and it is commonly accepted that he is no mere human, but something greater. He had been preparing a War of unification, a War that would bring peace and unity throughout Humanity.

To aid him in his daunting endeavor, he chose 8 Primarchs, and gave them abilities no man could ever possibly achieve on his own. Each Primarch is like a God on the battlefield, striking down foes with wrath that is unmatched.

To each of these Champions he gave a Legion, each unique in its own way. Legionairres were considered to be stronger than the average human, although this is yet to be confirmed.

So the Primarchs set out, in a Crusade that liberate humanity from their oppressors, and bring them all under a single banner.

Time Period
The Great Crusade is set in a medieval style time-era, gunpower was not available.

Wasnt their a Great Crusade in Wh40k Lore?
Yep, im basing quite a few things on it too

Whats your Progress so far?
Well, I've done about 75% of the triggering in the first mission, but it needs some touching up on. Ive also done more than 60% of the terraining in the first mission, and ill be releasing that mission as a demo. I've also started terraining 2 other missions, with screenshots you can see below

In the first mission, you control Primarch Sigmar, the first Primarch that was annointed, plus 3 Legionnaires, 1 Chaplain, and 2 Longbowman. You're to approach the recently defected City-State of Rhen-Var. You're primary mission is to force the other two City-States, Rhun, and Thespia into submission. Either by sending them tribute, or by defeating their leader and razing their form of townhall.

Each City-State is different, Thespia is a City-State of magical and Elite warriors, that are quite abit stronger than Rhun's and Rhen-Var's soldiers.
Rhun is more heavily armored, and their Pikemen can easily slay Rhen-Var cavalry, but their Archers are slow and have low range. Their swordsmen are slightly below average.

Theirs also a side quest you can do, although i dont want to get into that, cause ill be revealing to much of the first mission.

Screenshots for ye, First five are the Imperial Palace/City, and the last 3 ones are on the Black Temple. (both are later missions)
check out more screenshots in my thread in the terrain forum

Attachments

• Imperial City 1.JPG
    Imperial City 1.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 260
  • Imperial City 2.JPG
    Imperial City 2.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Imperial City 3.JPG
    Imperial City 3.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Imperial Palace 1.JPG
    Imperial Palace 1.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 258
  • Imperial Palace 2.JPG
    Imperial Palace 2.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 285
  • whos goin in.JPG
    whos goin in.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 231
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 195
  • AMBUSH!.JPG
    AMBUSH!.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Level 5
Seems nice. And terrain is average. Good Luck... If you need help with terrain suggestions just ask.

Level 22
the screenshots you see arent of the demo map, its mission 6 parts 1-2.

the demo terrain is 60% done, and its... ok. i still have yet to finish it.

im trying to get the base buildings down, so i can start adding little stuff like flags and city style trees. thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.