• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Major Problem! Cinematic Text Not Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here is my whole trigger:

• Afterbossfight
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Dalenthal Lieutenant 0011 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Dalenthal Lieutenant 0011 <gen> named Dalenthal Lieutenan...: Play No sound and display I was beginning to .... Modify duration: Add 5.00 seconds and Wait
What happens is, or what doesn't happen is, the text doesn't show up at all when the event is set off, *however* the portrait comes up as though hes trying to speak, this happens with all my, Send transmission, triggers.

This was working just fine before I reinstalled windows (had to move my maps into a different drive then move them back to my newly reinstalled WC3 TFT)

The text only seems to show up if theres a Cinematic Mode going on, but I want it to show up even when theres not. Any ideas? I have I lot of this text put into my map, and I've spent months working on the whole campaign, if my text don't show up, all this was for nothing :sad:

Level 8
Try the alternative way to send a transmission like:

• Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from a Player 5 (Yellow) Farmer named Farmer Brown at (Center of (Playable map area)): Play No sound and display What was that?. Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Don't wait

Cinematic mode will remove the interface stuff, inventory, spells blah and put the text there.

With a cinematic transmission without cinematic mode on, what should happen is that the text will show up something like this:

Dalenthal Lieutenant:"I was beginning to ...."

like a game message in the playing area, left bottom side of the screen.

His (the speakers as you assigned) should show up as the portrait no matter what unit you have selected.

I assume that your reinstall of everything also included a hook up with the WCIII Battle.Net in order to update both your WCIII TFT game and Editor. If not then you might need to.

If that isn't working then you may have too reinstall WCIII game disks again.

I am uncertain which chapters of the campaign (the story of TFT) have segments of character transmissions outside of cinematic modes, however if neither transmission type works for you, check to see if your game is working properly and this is not just a map thing.

Level 24
Well before you installed windows, you would of had subtitles enabled. But since you reinstalled Warcraft 3, that would have been reset. So go into options, sounds, and make sure that subtitles is checked.

Another option is to use this trigger at the start of your map.

• Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
This will make it so that subtitles will be turned on for anyone who plays that map, regardless of whether or not they had subtitles on before.

Status
Not open for further replies.