• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Rise of the Scourge v1.9.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Changelog:
v1.9.2. Fixed all major bugs, still weeding some out so this can get approved. In the future I plan on revamping Azjol'Nerub and giving it an important part in the game.

v1.9.3. Changes made this version: Added Argent Stand, and Argent Vanguard, changed daval prestor to Liam, and added Tirion Fording.

v1.9.4. Very minor changes, mostly small bugs.

To do: Make Dar'khan Drathir, Lord Garithos, Balnazzar, Tichondrius, Dalvengyr, and Detheroc. I also must add Arugal's Northrend base, and many more Forsaken events.

Rise of the Scourge:

This is a spawn based map with a 5 tier castle system. Spawns occur every 120 seconds of game time, and there is a timer.

The game's history begins with Lordaeron fully in tact, Kel'thuzad having just returned from Northrend. The Plague of Undeath will grip Lordaeron and destroy it from the inside out, leading to the creation of the Scarlet Crusade and the colonization of Northrend. Events in the game end with the death of the Lich King, but there is alot of side lore too.

Currently I am working on creating more events for these teams: Red, Purple, Orange, Pink, and Grey.

[highlight]There are Eleven Players, and 5 teams. These teams however do not last long however.[/code]

]Red: As Arathor your main goal will be to break out of the Arathi Highlands. Dalaran is you principle enemy, and destroying Durnholde Keep will open up the path to a capturable Aerie Peak, and the rest of the Hillsbrad Foothills, in which all bases are capturable. You have strong melee units at your disposal, and your late game knights are very elite units.

Blue: As Lordaeron you will find yourself under attack from within. Brill will come under repeated attacks, and Andorhal will surely fall. However there is hope, in Northrend. After Arthas retrieves Frostmourne and kills Mal'Ganis, you will be left with three strong bases. Also you can gain more bases after Arthas becomes the Lich King. Back in Lordaeron, you will have control of the Argent Dawn.

Teal: As the Amani, you have one main enemy, the Elves. If you push them back to Silvermoon, you will be able to choose to Enslave them, or Exterminate them. Enslaving them makes them your allies, while exterminating them gives you a powerful spawn and your four animal gods. However the elves can stir up a rebellion, and fight against your rule.

Purple: Dalaran is beset on all sides, and its lands are an ever changing battleground. If the capital city of Dalaran is destroyed, then Arugal will summon the Worgen, and Purple will gain a spawn inside of Shadowfang Keep along with two new heroes. He can then reconquer his old land. If Arugal is killed he becomes a shade, and allies with the Scourge.

Orange: The Drakkari are under siege. The Undead have claimed the lower tier of Zul'Drak and are pushing towards Gundrak. With the help of your powerful animal spirits you can hope to push them back, and maintain your empire. This team is lacking in events since they are new.

Green: As the Elves you will be constantly engaged in war with the Amani. You can push them back into Zul'Aman and Tor'watha, but they will prove to be a stubborn enemy on the defensive. You must also worry about the undead who will surely encroach upon your lands in the south.

Pink (Black): The Lich King is growing in power. Every day more come to join the ranks of the Scourge, and soon all of Northrend will be under your control. Standing in your way, however, are the Drakkari and the Humans. Defeat them, and all of Northrend shall be yours.

Grey: Gilneas is a seclusive nation, hiding behind its massive wall. However, they can choose to sally forth and capture the outlying towns of Dalaran. If they are conquered, they will become the Worgen, but remain free of Arugal.

Light Blue: The Silverhand will likely lose its main base very early. However, when most of Lordaeron has fallen, he will gain many new bases under the control of the Scarlet Crusade. He will then have very powerful heroes, and very powerful bases with which to reconquer all of Lordaeron with.

Dark Green: The Cult of the Damned will seek to claim much of westernmost Lordaeron. There they will grow and come to incite rebellion, and form the Forskaen. From there they may conquer the Sepulcher, and parts of old Lordaeron.

Brown: The Scourge is the main enemy of Lordaeron. You will start with but one hero, and no bases, and grow to control most of Lordaeron. Indeed you must follow the instructions that Kel'thuzad gives you, or you will never grow in strength.

Keywords:
Warcraft, strategy, lordaeron, spawn, rts, scourge,
Contents

The Rise of the Scourge v1.9.3 (Map)

Reviews
14:11, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected CWeener: Rejected See post #54.

M

14:11, 13th Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected
CWeener: Rejected
See post #54.

Level 5
Ok problem solved, something must've gone wrong with the optimizer that interfered with the upload, I have no idea. It worked fine with the original, but the download seemed to be bugged. But its fixed now, and I'm uploading a small fix for a trigger with the Vrykul.

Sorry for those who downloaded the bugged version, but its fixed now.

Last edited:
Level 2
Well...i'd say its a big map,thats for sure. Terraining is average, events and triggers are...not too bad.

However i'm sure improvements can be added, to enhance gameplay. It gets boring 10 minutes into the game...

On the whole not too bad,but room for further improvement,i guess.

Level 5
Thanks for the feedback.

Can you be a bit more specific? Did you play alone or on battle net, and if on battle net did you play with a full house? Because it makes a big difference.

Ive never really been a trigger wizard, so hearing that they're not too bad is very good news, thanks! I'm getting better every day I guess.

Terraining has always been my strong point. What complaints do you have about it?

Thanks alot man, I appreciate the feed back.

Level 1
Very solid map now that it's fixed, I revoke my decision cuz ur kewl. ^_^.
Also, very much like Lordaeron Tactics.

Level 1
Are you doing the Scarlet Onslaught events? I saw them in the old description and it seems you removed them or something. I think also that you should give Balnazzar/Dathrohan to Scarlet teal.

Great map anyway, I love the Arugal chain events, very well done.

Level 5
The Scarlet Onslaught events are being done, however im focusing on balancing and fixing what i have right now. They will be added along with the Forsaken and Argent bases in Northrend. Right now there is only New Hearthglen and I plan on adding a little more for them.

Also I'm considering making a new team for the Drakkari trolls, seeing as teal has alot on his plate already.

Thanks for the compliments man, I really appreciate it.

*off topic* Course i remember you wowwars.

Level 6
Dont TRIPLE post. Its worse than double posting. Use the edit button.
I find it immature to speak singlish, eg. dissapear already, why the, etc. Shortcuts are, however, acceptable, eg. rmb, its, Im, etc.

Anyway, map looks good, but triggers not checked yet. Decent gameplay for the first few minutes, then it goes boring. Add some events maybe.

Level 5
There is a system, check the quests. Selling it doesnt matter, I guess its a bug?

Its not a bug, if you played any further you would realize that Arthas disappears before dying because he comes back in Valgarde.

@crave.

Thanks for the comment, if you were playing as red then he is not a trigger intensive team as brown or blue is. The map is in late beta, and I'm still adding plenty of events for each team. If you have any suggestions throw them at me!

Level 16
Well i can see that its still incomplete, but most amazing terrain! good job!!..
Add those futures at the to-do-list, and im hosting this online most likely!..
and also wanted to ask, what happens to Arthas after i took frostmourne and went to the black gate.. he just disappeared, ... :p
Also, does blue(Lordaerone) commands arthas as a death knight, or the control just is given to the undead?..
Edit:
Why do i see no +rep for the creator of this amazing map!?
:thumbs_down: people!!

Level 5
Thanks man!

Well heres what happens in Northrend with the human Arthas: he goes there, and is ordered to retrieve Frostmourne in the Dragonblight. Then you have to kill Mal'Ganis, and that is the end of blues control over Arthas. He returns to Lordaeron under browns control as a Death Knight. Blue then gets a bunch of bases in Northrend.

Level 16
Thanks man!

Well heres what happens in Northrend with the human Arthas: he goes there, and is ordered to retrieve Frostmourne in the Dragonblight. Then you have to kill Mal'Ganis, and that is the end of blues control over Arthas. He returns to Lordaeron under browns control as a Death Knight. Blue then gets a bunch of bases in Northrend.
Well blue needs more heroes than, lol all i had was a hero in northrend, and a captain hero which was with Arthas..
Also i dont think that someone is stupid enough just to give up arthas to the undead, they never will get frostmourne.. :p
but i think that adding heroes is in your todolist, so nothing to worry about, keep working man!..

Level 5
frostmourne isnt absolutely nescessary to get, the one arthas picks up is destroyed once mal'ganis is killed, and replaced with a new one on the new undead arthas unit, so theres only one frostmourne at all times.

haha yeah, every team needs more heroes. i do a rotation to keep it even, and brown just got gandling, so now blue will get a new hero, i just need to decide who..

Level 1
The other one of Arthas' captains, Falric maybe. Also, I think you should give Grand Crusader Dathrohan/Balnazzar (strat live final boss) to light blue, he is a bit lacking after Mograine dies. I'd also recommend adding some kind of transportation between Northernd and the Eastern Kingdoms.

There seems to be a problem with the Mal'ganis death event, instead dying, he ends up disappearing after roughly a half of his life has been depleted, he gets teleported somewhere, no longer under Brown's control, so the game stays stuck there indefinitely, with Blue's Arthas in Northrend. Also, Putress appears stuck inside a wall of Undercity.

Level 4
i really like this map, but (in singleplayer) after destroying reds east base units still spawned

Edit:
I played with 3 other guys and i was pink (lich king) 1 thing :how can iget the lich king? second:i destroyed orange and blue but im trapped in northrend...maybe add a sailor or anything becouse it sucks that you cant help your allies

Last edited:
Level 5
To get the lich king you need brown, its a pretty big ordeal. If you wanna learn how play the campaigns hahaha.

Alright, I added only one, because I want to see how just one in Valgarde plays out. If more are needed then I will add them for sure, but until then!

Level 5
The only port in the dragonblight capable of crossing the fobisding sea is at new hearthglen, which is very secluded nd hard doesn't appear till later. So I out it in valgarde, so that it spawns relatively early into the game. I have no one hosting the game, nd I cant do it because I'm on vacation in new Hampshire. If you can get me a bot go for it haha, otherwise I appreciate anyone hosting the map.

Level 4
i will try this port today, and could you maybe add a changelog? there are alot new versions and i never know what really changed.

Edit:sorry im a little stupid, i dont find the port :(

Edit 2:Ok i found em, but they dont work

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm not at home right now, so I can't check the triggers. It should appear after arthas returns from northrend for the first time. It should be at valgarde and northern tirisfal glades. If it doesn't work then I'll fix it first thing whenbi get home, which should be either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Level 4
i played some games and noticed:
1. The elve event if silvermoon falls get abused, alot kill their own main city to get blood elves and a lot extra units to rush the trolls.
2. Gilneas is impossible to conquer, me(dark green) and purple attacked together grey, but he keeps spawning to much at this little bridge, we got no chance
3.New Dalaran is untakeable, the teleport inside dont work.
4.why is new dalaran on undead side?(if arugal dies)
5. make unused heros invulnerable, you can kill blues 2 heros befor they are under his control, same with arugal.
6.I dont know which, but 1 of the undead heros have endless stun, he stunned my hero and i wanst able to use him for the rest of the game

Level 3
Crazy awesome terrain, one quick bug. their are 2 trion fordring spawns, one in northrend, the other over at lights hope. (which i think is the right one)

also, when you use the bloodmage model, make sure to start out with its hero base, otherwise edit the hight and other properties to fit it.

with the darkmaster gandling hero, he seems to float like a lich. (you probably used it as the hero basis) but when he attacks the missile spawns to high.

keep it up :D

Level 1
Yeah I hope it serves as constructive criticism, but, you're overusing the bloodmage model for mages. You know, you could use for example this one for Arugal, or whichever other mage that isn't an elf.

Level 2
You sir are of no use to me, at all

Please tell me WHAT the problem is, so I can FIX IT. Theres alot of stuff in this map, and its still in late beta form. Thanks.

I'm realy sorry, I didn't want to hurt you. I just posted my first opinion. And yes, there is one thing that you can fix. Please write some kind of guide or something in the description, because I don't understand how to play this map. You can try my map.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/stranglethorn-battlefield-177103/

I have made a simple tutorial in it that should make a noob understand what to do...

Level 3
Love the terrain for this map it really follows well with WoW even up to Cataclysm (Gilneas). Triggers are ok, It would be nice to change which units spawn without having the enemy destroy your bases in order for that to happen. You use characters from Warcraft lore but it doesnt follow the storyline exactly (for instance Arthas lands on the wrong part of Northrend) which I dont mind because all in all its a fun game to play.