• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stranglethorn Battlefield

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is my first custom Warcraft 3 map. Please try it. Thanks for all who helped me. Map is free and open source, you are welcome to try it... Thanks...

Map Story:

Somewhere is the mountains of Stranglethorn Vales, north - east of booty bay, lies an ancient battlefield, hidden from the population for centuries. Once in 20 years, the sacred monk appears in the different places over the Azeroth, and invites a powerful combatants from all over the world. Those combatants are soon teleported to the ancient battlefield arena of stranglethorn, to fight for honor, glory and power... You are the one of these combatants. Enter the battlefield, and claim you victory... or else... Die!

I've been working on this map for a month or maybe less. It's small so it doesn't need much time to edit. After a little testing procedure I have gone trough with my friends, I decided that this should be the end. I have gained help from guides here and there, so thanks to the guide autors...

Update:

Version 1.08

Added:

-Weapon Affinity feature. Every hero has a curtain affinity to a specific weapon. For example: Shaman has affinity to a Gladiator Clow weapon, and gains extra stats when wearing that item.

-Armor Affinity feature. Same as weapon affinity.

Changed:

-Weapon and Armor merchants and sellers now sell customised items. Only those items are affected in Affinity feature.

-Primary attribure of a shaman hero is changed from Inteligence to agility.

-Items: Ring of Agility, Ring of Inteligence, Ring of Protection, Ring of Strength, Robe of Eternal Magic, Shield of Eternal Strength, i Staff of Eternal Swiftness now improve HP regeneration of Hero when worn.

-Potions and elixirs from alchemy merchant and seller are now available from the very start of a gameplay.

-Item cost of items: Ring of Agility, Ring of Inteligence, Ring of Protection, Ring of Strength has changed from 350 to 2350, as those items are much more stronger than before.

-Items: Robe of Eternal Magic, Shield of Eternal Strength, i Staff of Eternal Swiftness sholdnt appear on the battlefield anymore. In addition, they won't damage every unit around hero who is wearing them.

Units shouldn't anymore change their owner accidentaly.

Please tell me if there are any problems, and someone please explain me what is that lag. I can't fix it if I don't understand. What are those trigger leaks and/or memory leaks, I'm noob, I need better explanation!?!?!?

Keywords:
Stranglethorn, Vales, Arena, Small, Good, Fast,
Contents

Stranglethorn Battlefield (Map)

Reviews
17:56, 27th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
The description is lacking. Use some of these to help with your description.

If you'd like some examples of a good description try the following links, and maybe give rep to the authors for being so awesome :)

Shining Waters by R.Gaming_Strike
Cweener's Signature said:
Seriously, Presentation(description) is very important in a map. O:

RULES!

Compliance
No map may violate any Hive Workshop general or specific site rules.

Original Work
All maps must be significantly worked on, if not entirely created, by their submitter. Maps that were edited from someone else's work must include proof of permission to edit that work, and the original author may request that the map be taken down at any time.

Third Party Material
All maps must give credit to the authors of material included in the map that is not made by the maker. Pirated or stolen content is not permitted.

Originality
All maps must be distinctively different from other maps in concept. This may include story, gameplay, goals, etc, but restricts maps which are effectively clones of older versions, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps.

Completion
All maps must be close enough to completion to allow for a good experience by the player. This does not limit beta maps that are near completion, but does limit alpha and other under construction maps that are not significantly playable.

Gameplay
All maps must be fairly fun and decently balanced.

Presentation
All maps must be made in English, must not contain overwhelmingly bad spelling or grammar, must contain a valid author and map name, and must contain a well-written description to give the reader a good idea of what the map is about. Imports, terrain, camera, and other visuals should complement the game.

Stability
All maps must not have enough bugs to significantly adversely affect gameplay.

Updates
Map updates should be made by using the Update button on the map rather than by resubmitting the map.

Use
The maps section should not be used as a pastebin or testing area, but rather for map distribution. If you wish for an advertising, testing, and more public place for early stages of your map, please use the Map Development forum.

Approval
Maps not meeting all of the above criteria may be approved in rare circumstances. Maps may be rejected at any time for any valid reason given by the moderator who rejects them. Maps need not meet the criteria not applicable to their type. Resource moderators will decide on a case-by-case basis which maps will be approved.

Enforcement
Repeatedly ignoring one or more of these rules may result in negative reputation, infraction points, or even being banned from the site.

Contact
If you wish to request that your map be reviewed, whether for the first time or after fixing problems outlined by a moderator, feel free to post in Map Resource Moderation with a detailed request and a link to the map in question. If you wish to complain about the actions of a moderator, please post in Admin Contact with a detailed request and a link to the issue in question.

It's pretty big for it's size. Gonna check. Also, get a custom minimap image so people will want to download this.

Edit: Lol, instead of 'please revenge him for me' use 'please avenge him for me'. Also, this map is too small and is very boring. And the items, seriously, who would like to use some old boring camapign items? Maybe make some custom items.

Sorry but i'm giving this a 1/5.

Level 2
It's ok that this map is boring, it's my first w3 map. But let me ask you something. What do you think about dota? Is dota boring to you? It is to me...

About the items, I made SOME custom items. Those are quest rewards...

Level 28
It's ok that this map is boring, it's my first w3 map. But let me ask you something. What do you think about dota?

---
What has DotA got to do with this?
Yes: I know, you were aiming at personal opinion, but DotA has quite an extended gameplay while this map is actually based off the AoS gameplay, but then... less.

I don't like DotA, but I have a very solid reason why I do not like it, most people are ignorant and just go with the mainstream "dota sux" or "dota rulz" without actually having thought about it, I hate those ignorant people as well.
And yeah, I hate a lot.

Either way: memory leaks (triggers) are not allowed it spawn-based maps (no, it's not a written rule: I did indeed make that up some time ago).
You should also customize all items and units (and preferably spells as well, though that might be hard as it is your first map).
This could get approved if you fix all triggers, customize all units and items (please, be original) and work on the presentation (quests were a good idea, but the reward should be given directly and `you should try to polish it a little bit more.
Details are the key to any map!

Level 2
What is with the triggers? I made my map so it works, I don't understand what's wrong with my triggers.

For items, this map is not made so you can heavily overpower your hero, and kill 1000 footmans in one blow. What should I customize in my items? Item customization is not needed! That should be just a waste of time. I have made items I needed to make. Those are custom items, and that's enough of custom items. Though, I'm currently working for some editions, I will update the map soon...

Spells? I used some blizzard spells, and I edited some the way I wanted them. I have lost a huge amount time to make them work as intended. All spells are working the way I wont them to work, you just don't see what I edited :p...

No unit custimization is needed! I customized units I wanted to customize, and balanced them well. Why do I NEED to be that original? Some things are not to be changed!

If you don't like my map it's ok, but don't tell me what should I do. I'll keep my map updated in the way I want, and in the way it is needed. Thanks for opinions.

BTW, what is AoS gameplay?

Level 28
Ohh dear god, you are more ignorant than I imagined!
I can tell you that with this attitude, you will fail as a mapper, there is no doubt about that.

The triggers leak (main cause of lag, don't even try discussing that you never experienced lag, as I don't care) and are inefficient (meaning they are slower than they could be).
You DO need custom items, spells and units: they add far more value to your map than you might think.

If you don't like my map it's ok, but don't tell me what should I do.
I changed your map from "Needs fix" (rejected until updated) to "Permanently Rejected" (will never reset to pending unless I do so), solely for this message.
I am a map moderator, I believe that I have plenty of experience in this area - although I am of course not the best map connaisseur around, I do know what's good for a map and what is not.
An author like you is NOT good for a map, you are far too ignorant.

Either change your attitude or leave the hive.

Level 2
Ok, but I still don't understand that memory leaking thing. What does then all mean? I will try fixing one bug I noticed, that can be related to triggers, but I don't understand what problem do you have with my triggers? Can you talk a little more simple? Sorry for making you problems, but I can't let my map go to something not intended...