• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The OutStruggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.

First of all, I wish you all a happy new year.
I'm Destroying Fruit (I don't destroy fruits), a new user. I'm a new user to the hive, but don't take me as a newbie. I know medium triggering, mapping and I also know how to make icons.
Since I'm new here I have to earn my living somehow, so I decided to make my debute by creating a melee map. The OutStruggle. A melee map set in the land of outland.

The Outstruggle is currently being worked on, it's VERY incomplete, this thread was made for feedback, I need feedback in very early stages, so I don't wake up in the end with a rejected/hated map, so please be kind enough to download the alpha version and give some feedback. The feedback goes on what I CURRENTLY have, if you wish to give me feedback on stuff to add, then feel free to, you will be repped.

NOTES:
-The name is not final;
-The player size is not final (Currently 2vs2);
-There is no custom data, it's pure melee;
-The size of the map is MEDIUM;
-Map is V1 in ALPHA stage;
-Hostile units don't have drops yet.

FEEDBACK
-Download the alpha version, play it then delete it;
-Report all bugs on this thread or PM me;
-Post screenshots of bugs if possible & explain what's wrong;
-Don't complain about it being "Incomplete";
-If you consider it "Unbalanced" then explain why and give suggestions.

SCREENSHOTS

242syvb.jpg

The image above shows the player1 spawn, obviously all the other spawns will be aprox. the same. It has 2 hostile spawns near it, however it doesn't affect direct attack upon Player 2. meaning, if you send a large group of units to attack the enemy base, the 2 hostile spawns will not detect them.

bjdb9w.jpg

This is another hostile spawn, this one is defending a mercenary camp, which has 4 outland mercenaries in it. It was strategically placed, you can just buy n' run towards the enemy, so it's usefull. :wink:

263evrn.jpg

This is the battlefield. Well, the main one. It's a WIP it will get completed with a couple of hostile spawns, enviroment, trees, and bridges to the other areas.

Here's the Alpha version 1 of the map. It's VERY incomplete, don't complain about it, just help me with some feedback, if you can.

Attachments

• The OutStruggle.w3x
    58.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 3
Whoops, seems images are broken, I'll fix asap. :ogre_icwydt:

EDIT: Fixed pics, but I failed with the spoilers, anyone care to help?
EDIT2: Fixed spoilers, thanks supertoinkz!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.