• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The Origin of Vampirism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I miss playing the original back in the days, nowadays they have things like Vampirism Fire, Vampirism Ice, etc, which are pretty good, but sometimes strays away from the original. But does anyone have any additional info about the WarCraft III custom game, Vampirism? I mean I know it was sort of an shoot-off from Island Defense. But other than that I would like to know like the creator(s), when it was originally released, beta-wise or not. Things of that sort. and lastly, does anyone else play this too? :grin: I have many screen names when I play on battle.net, but the one I used specifically for Vampirism was RomanianWarrior (for the USWest Gateway). :witch_doc_sad:

Level 12
I believe the original vampirism was called the Vampire Effect or the vampirism effect. Something like that. They were fun back then but way to easy to win. I think that evolving like it did was the best way to go so the vamps actually have a chance against me. And no, Island Defense was a shoot off of Vampirism.

Island Defense is a map made by Yacapo and Dildamesh. It was greatly inspired by Vampirism, however, it is 100% original. Recently Dividedx has joined the editing team and new versions are released frequently, so check this site often!
-Island Defense Map Page (http://islanddefense.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=38)

Level 10
I know who created the original vampirisim, and it is nothing as the vampirisim we know today.

There was a game called "Vampire Tag" which were made by 2 people (JolosMcBob(something like that) and i forgot the other name). They developed "Vampirisim as a sequal, , i know this because my friend knew him. He even invited my friend and me to try it out. Well my friend anyway, then he hosted it for me to try. So anyway, he stopped making the "vampirisim", because he got bored of the concept, also i think he went to WoW. His partner wanted to revive it, and made a vampirisim which wasnt very popular, it was popular only for a very short period of time.

But, he forgot to protect it. So came 3 more vampirisims, evolution and some other ones. Then came Revolution. And Re-Vamped. And blah blah. Some other people forgot to protect it, some people stole the concept, soon after, there are dozens of different versions around B.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.