• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No wonder regarding Vampirism crap reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So well, me and my friends have recently played few Vampirism maps just to see what they're like, why people seem to often don't like such maps. After just a few of them, and we tested like 15 different ones from Maps section, we quite quickly came to the conclusion, that they're just... shit. :eekani:

We played:
  • Vampirism Beast;
Where we quickly found that map is completely feed based. Vamps gain a little gold periodically for which you really couldn't buy much. There are no limits regarding number of players in one spot, and basicly, there could be even 10 in one, massive corner and close just one way to get in. No feed given. If Vampires didn't managed to kill a single builder then they're unable to obtain Staff of Teleportation to teleport themselves into humans base by sticking a Shade inside. What happens on pro games (those even exist?)? I don't know, but with competely feed base game and no feed given to Vamps I highly doubt it's entertaining. Best thing is Vampires item called Inferno which can damage buildings next to the Vampire. Fine, item have a cooldown, but with a price of 75 gold pieces and each Vampire carrying it no further damage is dealt to Vampires simply because they have no more towers. Some towers do have more than 3000 hitpoints (inferno deals 3k) but other Vamp will just end it.

• Vampirism Meltdown;
In here you could choose your own race, and some of them have weaknesses and strengths. Fine, what we did: We took the best waller to build walls of course, Best damage dealer, again, to provide us with good towers and infernal race having lumber bases which provides lots of wood (trade is disabled, but there is still a possibility to buy items and give it away for sell, and because infernals earn 4x lumber than the others we end up with 1 player giving amount for two (selling 50% costs) and taking no space. We built in three versus two Vamps who couldn't to much simply because there was no feed around the map, they stuck and they lost quite fast. I don't think there are any people playing this quite serious.

• Vampirism Hell, Reloaded, Midnight, Darkcross, Revenge, Blood;

These six Vampirisms are literally a copies of each other, difference between Blood and Reloaded is... A Vampire model, everything is exactly the same. Why are those maps even getting approved? In all of them Vampire starts in the same place, having two fountains and one shop with crap items giving no extra tactics. Spots are loaded with balance equal to zero with like three or four entrances. Abilities mainly the same everywhere. Chain lightning (just sometimes called different), Wind Walk - with different name again, sometimes still a Wind Walk. Far Sight and a Healing spell. In Vampirism Hell Vampires can use some silly ability to get themselves +10 gold, out of nowhere, like a channeling ability with 10 second casting time and 30 seconds cooldown, to 'summon' himself some gold.

• Vampirism Zero (a12, SDK, BH, [and many many more edits]);
I spoke about those above, and well, Vampirism Zero scene is no different. They're all actually the same. Things that make them different from each other are: Name, Vampire skin, sometimes map layout, one or two new items, different prices, some new buildings. Terrain usually the same with some cosmetic changes. Zero isn't actually too bad if not a bunch of imbalances in it, like far too many lumber bases providing wood, or in the other hand, far too easy to buy Ultimate Zero Stone which is lot more powerful item than it says.

In many of those maps tooltips are broken, listing just a dot (.) as a spell description and it's name. Imbalances seen everywhere, on literally every single step, I would never imagine any of those Vampirisms listed above to have them played on like tournament level.

Status
Not open for further replies.