1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The meaning of life...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by olofmoleman, Oct 18, 2005.

?

Does humankind and all other life on earth have a purpose?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    that angel thingy isn't nothing compared to this;
    there is a whole 457 pages long book written entirely by Tunafish! uh huh, Tunafish!
    I'd show this book to you but you wouldn't believe...

2. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    We have no purpose. We are but pawns in a game of epic proportions. It doesn't matter what we do, the universe will inevatibly fix itself and move on. It's not like we've been around for any length of time anyway. I have absolutely no beliefs in evolution, but I'm perfectly sure that either way, it wouldn't matter. Nobody else in the universe cares about us. Why should they? We're just another insignifigant speck out there. We don't matter.

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok now I give my opinion:

It's hard to belive that god exists. If god really exists and created men and the world and all that, why doesn't he stop all this pain in the world...?

-Rui

4. Shadowy Crafter

Shadowy Crafter

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm sure there are much bigger and powerful beings in who knows where in the universe who seem to be careless towards us (unless we do something REALLY bad :twisted: :twisted: . Nah! Just kidding :wink: )

However, I do think that our existence was given with a purpose, but a purpose which is meaningless or pointless. Instead, I believe that every single being should do is just to reach true perfection. But that seems to be imposible for now. Til then...we'll all have to stay living until the secret of perfection is revealed :? .

BTW, that phrase I posted b4 was in Cryptrobbers, a campaign from this site. Now, I won't say what happened to avoid spoiling (Just if someone here didnt dled it yet.) and I'm not trying to make an advertising either. :?

5. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Rui, simply because we caused all this in the first place, he's not going to right all our wrongs. Why should he? We are ourselves, and whatever we do will yeild consequences, no matter what. Think, of the Chaos Theory, everything causes a reaction somewhere else, no matter what it is. The same thing is true with the hell the world is in now. We've started it, so we stop it.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well you can just suicide can't you? Like holding breath or something like that. When I was 5 or 6 (I don't remember) I wondered "if I hold my breath, what will happen...?" and then I started to hold my breath, I think I like spent more than half minute... I think I was about to die or something, and I didn't run out of breath because sudently I was bited by a bee <_<. Maybe this means nature cares about us? But why should it care about us, if many of us don't care about it?

-Rui

7. Shadowy Crafter

Shadowy Crafter

Resources:
    Resources:

Oh, no! I will definively not suicide, coz I know I'll regret it as a ghost. I still have much things to do...or not to do. I dunno this whole topic is getting quite confusing. BTW, it's impossible to suicide holding the breath. I just watched it on TV.

8. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please pay attention to this

"i think Daminon got the point. thinking things like meaning and such are just raw tentatives of explanation of the unknown (thats what i think about religion overall but forget it) by the human mind

we just exist, why, i dunno. i think this is a so complicated question that maybe we will never know. if there is an omnipotent being or a universal natural order i dunno

what I believe is that we as rational beings (in a way of saying, rational beings dont destroy their own world) should try to make our life. dont follow destiny and such, trying to find a purpose. you make your objective and during your life, try to achieve some (or all) of them" -My first post

Rui YOU are the mod here, plz dont get warned by religious topics, it would be a shame from someone in your position

Shadowy now i'm curious, why cant we suicide holding the breath?

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No wait, that's possible. And if you insist it's not, there's other ways of suiciding. Anyway let's get back to the topic =P.

No, dear, my last post didn't contain a crap about religion, and I really don't care about it.

You can, but people resign too soon; when they are on their limits they just start breathing again, making it kind of impossible to make it.

One more thing - If this topic is becoming so "religious", then just close it, or stop saying "oh religion! Your getting warned!" because it's annoying. If you are so afraid of being warned, then let the topic be closed. The conclusion is that life doesn't have a true meaning, or everyone has got a different objective.

-Rui

10. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Rui, you CAN'T kill yourself by holding your breath, your body will make you stop. Oh, and really and truly, existance has no link to reliegino whatsoever, unless you make it that way.

11. Raiju

Raiju

Resources:
    Resources:
    "It's hard to belive that god exists. If god really exists and created men and the world and all that, why doesn't he stop all this pain in the world..."

just something to be remembered

if you really dont care about it i dont see why the common users should respect the rules, if its not the mods the first ones to give the example. its ok we dont have to live pausably by the rules itself, but you cant subvert the rule system just because of your position. ive been warned recently caused of that, and i knew i would be warned, but i couldnt resist posting something about it

religious topics are forbidden because the "faithful" will begin to flame to no end to defend their opinions

thus, youre not the only one who shares the same opinion. i think too if "He" (She or It) really existed things would just be rather easier and happier

thats why i say that complicated matters as existance and divinity are just raw tentatives of explanations of the unknown by the human mind

12. Afronight_76

Afronight_76

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well according to most christain religious(OMFG RELIGUHN) ideals, satan is trying to prove to god that mankind will only follow god if he allows them to prosper; god is trying to prove that mankind will remain faithful to god even when living in a world full of suffering (example Job). if god just destroyed satan, and ended this all, he'd be proving satan right. but that's all accourding to christian ideals, i'm not saying its a fact.

actually, most religous topics that have gone down in flames is due to atheist shooting down other's beliefs. I know this since about 60% of forum people are "atheist". I really dont like how most atheists think they got it all figured out, like they "know" god exists and there's no use for searching anymore. thats why i respect agnostics and philosophers more, they dont take religion for granted, but they also are open to thinking and taking things into consideration.
    enough, the purpose of life is unknown, there is no concrete evidence to show any meaning to our existance. but that doesnt mean there isnt any. All i see here are ideas that people just pulled out of their ass because that's the way they "feel".....damn, i did that too!

life may or may not have a purpose, but i know one thing: this thread has one purpose: to crash and burn.

13. DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    42, what else :wink:
    At least Teppana knew it.

14. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Life is simple. It is the absence of death

And don't say we're all gonna die and some higher being is gonna come cause of various tornados and stuff. I'm pretty sure 65 millon years ago a very large ammount of space trash crashed into the Earth and whiped out a very large ammount of life. And before that, a something happaned which wiped out 95% of life

So yeah, these "disasters" are weak. And humans, by nature, are warlike. I don't see why anyone should care what we do except ourselves

Oh, and if I'm reborn when I die, am I gonna be pissed. I already lived once, and I was ment to be removed. The planet only needs one of me. More than one complicates things

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just said that in my last post. Please read the full post again. Thank you. -_-

Oh, smiley, I was refering to the other post, because someone (too lazy to find out) started talking about god this and god that.

It will only go in a flaming thread, if people flame. Kk understood?

KTHX!!

-Rui

16. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Indeed... so, why we are still discussing that?

17. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Raiju my friend this thing is not so simple as many people might think. To discuss any thing about God and such you have to go really deep into it and get alot of knowledge. I can tell that the standard knowledge of christianity by atheists is far from enough to criticise it. If you can, discuss it with some really active christian. I do a lot of times with a friend of mine. If you do then you will prpbably see that your picture of christianity isn't that close to those who believe.

I suggest this topic to be locked before it becomes a true religious discussion.

18. Teppana

Teppana

Resources:
    Resources:
    simple, everyone in here, besides Me, germanese people and cheerful mates from australia ofcourse, are stoopid ...Afro included :roll:

and these stoopid people; they just can't stop, which is clearly the sign of stoopidism.

19. oz02

oz02

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As far as I'm concerned this is a religious topic, therefore;

*LOCKED*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.