• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Maelstorm Arena v1.9

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Maelstrom Arena v1.9

This is an Epic Size map that has puzzels and a ton of characters to choose from

I was debating with myself to put this map on because of these few things
- No Credit Givin (in game)
- Hero Respawn trigger isnt made, and you can choose different heros (but till the final, you can try all the heros and make comments on them)
- Macro Buttons are wrong (for 50% of them)
- And There are faulty Descriptions of Heros

I will be fixing all of these while looking for a faulty trigger
(only way this map will work for me is to put it into the "Test" file folder, so you might have to do the same)

But there are 3 Large areas and the 4th area is a 4v4 Arena (which you can just go straight to if Red types "-Arena Match" which i will make into a Dialog button decision)

there are hard bosses that take a while to kill (espically the final boss)
- Black Knight -
- Mana Guardian -
- Bandit King -

the 3rd Area is incomplete (making note of that right away)

but the Arena is complete and regardless of what level you are, it is very difficult)

The Terrain and Texture is moderate detail.
And there are some overpowered characters.
but the game overall is very good

So dont just think it is horribly incomplete from a personal analysis
Try it your self!
(NOTE: this is NOT to be played by yourself!)
(average time to complete Instance - 2 hours)

Good Luck and Comment on any thing that I did not mention in this overview
Thanks to all Model makers and Texture Designers that made the models in this game amazing

Keywords:
Arena, Instance, Castle Defense, Hero Arena, Hero, RPG
Contents

The Maelstorm Arena v1.9 (Map)

Reviews
17:49, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain + no crediting + bad spells + bad heroes = Rejected. Please don't upload such bad work here.

M

17:49, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Bad terrain + no crediting + bad spells + bad heroes = Rejected. Please don't upload such bad work here.

Level 5
This Map Terrain is basically complete... but the bottom of Section 3 is not done... so instead of having people run through the empty areas, i added a Waygate to take you directly to the boss area (not inside... but close)

Level 18
Ok so here is my map preview:
- a lot of decriptions are lacking (screenshot but I showed only one the most eye-cutting)
Scionic said:
- No Credit Givin (in game)
There are nowhere credits
- no respawn of hero?
- easy to bug it: when hero is dead buy second one
- generally it is unfinished map
I vote it for 2/5 because of this unfinished stadium.

Last edited:
Level 5
The reason for no Autorespawn is because i want ppl to try all the chars until i can finish the game...

)
no respawn of hero?
You can rez from the "Red Game" (stash)

& that is def 1 of the things i should fix...
no respawn of hero?

when i fix the details and make a true hero respawn, i'll notify you

But there are a ton of custom spells to work with, and all bosses Yell something (global sound) when they cast a certain spell