1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Maelstorm Arena v1.9

Submitted by Scionic
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
The Maelstrom Arena v1.9

This is an Epic Size map that has puzzels and a ton of characters to choose from

I was debating with myself to put this map on because of these few things
- No Credit Givin (in game)
- Hero Respawn trigger isnt made, and you can choose different heros (but till the final, you can try all the heros and make comments on them)
- Macro Buttons are wrong (for 50% of them)
- And There are faulty Descriptions of Heros

I will be fixing all of these while looking for a faulty trigger
(only way this map will work for me is to put it into the "Test" file folder, so you might have to do the same)

But there are 3 Large areas and the 4th area is a 4v4 Arena (which you can just go straight to if Red types "-Arena Match" which i will make into a Dialog button decision)

there are hard bosses that take a while to kill (espically the final boss)
- Black Knight -
- Mana Guardian -
- Bandit King -

the 3rd Area is incomplete (making note of that right away)

but the Arena is complete and regardless of what level you are, it is very difficult)

The Terrain and Texture is moderate detail.
And there are some overpowered characters.
but the game overall is very good

So dont just think it is horribly incomplete from a personal analysis
Try it your self!
(NOTE: this is NOT to be played by yourself!)
(average time to complete Instance - 2 hours)

Good Luck and Comment on any thing that I did not mention in this overview
Thanks to all Model makers and Texture Designers that made the models in this game amazing

Keywords:
Arena, Instance, Castle Defense, Hero Arena, Hero, RPG
Contents

The Maelstorm Arena v1.9 (Map)

Reviews
17:49, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain + no crediting + bad spells + bad heroes = Rejected. Please don't upload such bad work here.
  1. 17:49, 21st May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
    Bad terrain + no crediting + bad spells + bad heroes = Rejected. Please don't upload such bad work here.

2. Scionic

Scionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    This Map Terrain is basically complete... but the bottom of Section 3 is not done... so instead of having people run through the empty areas, i added a Waygate to take you directly to the boss area (not inside... but close)

3. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok so here is my map preview:
    - a lot of decriptions are lacking (screenshot but I showed only one the most eye-cutting)
    There are nowhere credits
    - no respawn of hero?
    - easy to bug it: when hero is dead buy second one
    - generally it is unfinished map
    I vote it for 2/5 because of this unfinished stadium.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  4. Scionic

Scionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    The reason for no Autorespawn is because i want ppl to try all the chars until i can finish the game...

)
    You can rez from the "Red Game" (stash)

& that is def 1 of the things i should fix...
    when i fix the details and make a true hero respawn, i'll notify you

But there are a ton of custom spells to work with, and all bosses Yell something (global sound) when they cast a certain spell

5. krisserz

krisserz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The map can be nice but you should first make better decription, message players what to do in some moments and finish most of the things, that will effect gameplay.