• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Derby v1.9

Reactions: Garfield1337
The Derby!

Description: A fun game with friends or with public. Play as a better or a racer! Save up your gold, buy new racers!

Features:
- 4 Race Tracks (Oval, Straight, Figure of 8, Farm, more to come!)
- 15 Different Racers to choose from! (Wizard, Raider, Bandit, Huntress, Warlord, Kodo, Undead, Natural, Seer, Priestess, Archmage, FelRaider, BanditLord, FelKodo and Chieftain)
- An intricate betting system (The more a player wins, the less you'll win from him, odds basically!)
- 3rd Person Speedy Racing
- Jumps, Obstacles and Sheep!

Version: v1.9
Version 1.3:
- First public release!
Version 1.4:
- 5 new racers! (kinda)
- Some stat changes
- Some bug fixes
- Chance for bonus boost at start
- Some options
- Stables to change back to old racers
- Choice of 'starter racer'
- Infomation in F9 Quests
Version 1.5:
- New 'Jungle' racetrack
Version 1.7:
- New Slide System
- New 'City' racetrack
Version 1.8;
- Smaller unit collisions
- Arrows in ambiguous areas
- Lowered Dye Cost
Version 1.9
- Tunnel Stuck Bug Fixed
- Jungle Hidden Jump now gives a boost

Screenshots:

HorseScreen6.jpg

HorseScreen5.jpg

HorseScreen4.jpg

HorseScreen3.jpg

HorseScreen2.jpg

HorseScreen7.jpg

HorseScreen1.jpg

Keywords:
horse racing derby race fun mini game minigame racing
Contents

The Derby v1.9 (Map)

Reviews
05:05, 2nd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 2
The-Spoon, please add win system like a "The first player with value 5.000 has win" we are playing your map every day on russian server and endless game is very boring :D Thx for this map and can you translate it into Russian? :D
P.S. or give me open map i translate my own )))

Level 2
It's very strange, The-Spoon...
When i trying to translate first trigger(HINTS) into Russian, i can't save it. I'm translating all hints and save map like Derby 1.9[ru].w3x. In the end of saving a have a fatal error of WorldEditor...WTF? :vw_wtf: :goblin_wtf:

Level 27
It's very strange, The-Spoon...
When i trying to translate first trigger(HINTS) into Russian, i can't save it. I'm translating all hints and save map like Derby 1.9[ru].w3x. In the end of saving a have a fatal error of WorldEditor...WTF? :vw_wtf: :goblin_wtf:

Try saving ther maps few times...

Wait... does this map have and JASS or whatever in it? It might be caused by something like that...

Level 2
All the same I already could make the Russian translate map, we are playing today more than 6 times ;D
But, The-Spoon, i think you do v.2.0 where will be the end system and maybe modes :D(like -ar: random horses) xD
----------
I have a mega idea: a special achievements for this map, like a "Kill 10 sheeps" and give this player 10 gold. I think this will be a very fun map if you do this. I can try to do this system my own, but i dont care that i'm can do this normal :\
----------
Your maps is really cool, but this map need some upgrades to be the BEST :D

Level 9
this map is pretty super epic uber legendary totally awesome map!

i have a tip for you the-spoon. it would be strange if the racers are walking while in a jump. You should reduce the animation speed and then revert it to normal on the ground. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
This map Is Realy Good. 1. You can upgrade your horse Like raider infuse with fel blood and you get Fel raider 2.I love that jumping :D it realy cool 3. Maps are Seriously AWESOME and i like straight track the most. It's a Drag :D. Perferct map. too bad i cant rate now