• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Lich King

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
There he is, the Lich King himself.

Give credit where credit is due. I'd like to thank everybody for their input and help during the making this model.

P.S. Don't even think about complaining about the poly count -- you're basically supposed to have only one Lich King in your map. The same goes for file size -- If you want a crap texture, feel free to drop the quality.

P.P.S. If you play the Walk animation in Magos, it will glitch near the right shoulder. Ignore it. In-game there's no glitch.

THIS IS FOR ALL THOSE NAY-SAYERS: THIS IS NOT A WOW MODEL. NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVE YOUR STATEMENT. I CAN PROVIDE ~10 WIP FILES AND WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOUR CLAIMS TO DUST.

Just saving myself time to reply to all those worthless posts.

1.5 - Changed Frostmourne.
1.4 - Minor modifications. Improved helm texture
1.3 - Modified the Spell Throw particles, Frostmourne changes color during Spell Throw animation, Frostmourne glow fades away during death.
1.2 - Fixed a minor bug that came with the 1st update
1.1 - Fixed the tinting on the face
1.0 - Uploaded

Keywords:
Lich, King, Scourge, Undead, Norhtrend, Arthas, Menethil, Prince, Lordaeron, Frostmourne
Contents

The Lich King (Model)

The Lich King (Model)

Assets
Reviews
23:07, 3rd Jan 2010 DonDustin: the Lich King is the only true power outstanding mesh, texture and animation. This models simply deserves a DC
Level 12
8MB limit is pointless, the downloading is still slow, the higher the map size, the longer it takes to load, they haven't fixed this yet. And no even with a good PC a map can still DL slow. They need to update them so the 8MB is actually useful for those who still play wc3.

Level 15
ive been checking quite a few times and it ends up he's not officiely "dead" yet, nobody has killed him on any server.

srry i meant all servers not any because you see he has to be dead on all servers not one because he would still be alive in a way because 1 server might not of killed him, and you cant both be dead and alive at the same time so hes not officiely dead.

Level 18
srry i meant all servers not any because you see he has to be dead on all servers not one because he would still be alive in a way because 1 server might not of killed him, and you cant both be dead and alive at the same time so hes not officiely dead.

Well the Lich King (Arthas/Ner'Zhul) in lore is dead but as Bolvar is now the Lich King He's alive and also passive.
So the Lich king you talk about is DEAD. Done, thank you please come again
(Even though we dont know about Ner'zhul, i actually hope he returns ^^)

Level 7
Well the Lich King (Arthas/Ner'Zhul) in lore is dead but as Bolvar is now the Lich King He's alive and also passive.
So the Lich king you talk about is DEAD. Done, thank you please come again
(Even though we dont know about Ner'zhul, i actually hope he returns ^^)

But HIGHLORD BOLVAR FORDRAGON takes his place.

What??? Arthas... is... dead? FUCK BOLVAR FORDRAGON!... ARTHAS... IS... DEAD... Well, that is bad... That is sad... The best character of Warcraft... Let's hope he returns... Or fuck WOW forever...

Level 3
In warcraft I/II/III they created all the characters, sure they killed a few, but they made new ones. In WOW they are killing ALL the characters and creating few new crapy ones. Thats why i dont play WOW. And couse you have to pay for it every month.

Level 7
well, character's dying are part of a story (especially long, epic stories) and its a lot better than stories in which no one dies until the end (at least the main characters dont usually die which is so biased)...

But... There's always a but...
When did it happen That the "Ultra mega" main character of a series dies, and be replaced by someone unknown? Fuck cataclysm... FUCK WOW! I've watched the fucking cinematic, and, fuck that character, whoever he is... But it is really sad to see Arthas become normal again...

after edit:
Ah, yes, it is Bolevar... or smthing...

after another edit:
It is not Bolevar, but BOLVAR...

Level 7
Bolvar unknown? He pretty much took up regency over Stormwind, fought many of Onyxia's henchmen singlehandedly, survived the new plague and incineration by dragons, resisted countless days of torture by the Lich King and finally he had the balls to spend an eternity caged inside a chunk of ice.

In other words, he's badass.

Not Badass enough... no one can top Arthas, and no one will.

Level 8
personally... i think that Arthas's end is tragic, that he wasn't just cruel, he was also more "human" than he acted [like in CoS]

oh and bolvar's badass... wonder how his influence will be in Cataclysm. he wanted to be forgotten and shit.

Will you make a Bolvar lich king, with the orange eye glow like him?

Level 3
well, character's dying are part of a story (especially long, epic stories) and its a lot better than stories in which no one dies until the end (at least the main characters dont usually die which is so biased)...

Yes i understand, but theyre killing everyone, its a slaughter...

Level 17
Yes i understand, but theyre killing everyone, its a slaughter...

Everyone dies sooner or later damnit. And in most epic stories, it end with the evil people getting killed.
It wouldent make sense to just keep all the evil characters, and then we just stand there, and cant do a damn shit.
What would we do if we are not allowed to kill Illidan, Arthas, Onyxia, Deathwing, Ragnarok, etc..
We need to have something to kill, and it would make more sense to battle known warcraft characters then throwing in new stuff that never existed.

If you go to northrend in wow, and there must be a end-game boss (Lich King), who the heck would it be if it wasnt him?

Everyone must die in the end, just live with it. Lich king was never invincible and he was never suppost to be...

Level 17
Err, LTGH, did you play WC3? Kael was badass, and he wasn't even 'evil'. And guess what, in WoW they make up a stupid storyline and decide he's evil. Same with Illidan.

I did play Wc3 for gods sake -.-
Also, i did never ever mention Kael, anyway. Why didnt you comment on something i actually said insted.
Also, Illidan isnt exactly the most nice person in warcraft 3...

But seriously, i laugh like shit everytime someone says that it is world of warcrafts fault that everything that happens to warcraft, happens.
I mean god damnit, it is nothing wrong with wow. If you like RTS, stay away from world of warcraft and stfu. I do not go around and say that call of duty sucks ass and that it is the worst fucking shit ever only becouse i do not play shooting games, i just stfu and stay away from it.

Wow is a good game, and maybe one of the greatest games in history, and you come here and complain about two characters. Blizzard have a reason for what they do, even if you think that they dont.

So in short:
World of Warcraft is good.
Warcraft 3 is also good.

Level 48
I like MMORPGs(at least some of them), so you can't say I'm saying this because I don't like MMROPGs. And I've played WoW, and I liked it, and I never say it was bad. It's actually a great game... In GAMEPLAY terms. My problem with WoW is that I don't like how they screw up the storyline. They COULD have made up some random Demon Lord inside Outland instead of Illidan, right? They COULD have kept Kael as the leader of the Blood Elves, right? They COULD have used some other Scourge general instead of the Lich King as the endgame boss of WoTLK, right? They COULD have said that Arthas is too powerful to handle for young and inexperienced adventurers, right?

Level 17
I like MMORPGs(at least some of them), so you can't say I'm saying this because I don't like MMROPGs. And I've played WoW, and I liked it, and I never say it was bad. It's actually a great game... In GAMEPLAY terms. My problem with WoW is that I don't like how they screw up the storyline. They COULD have made up some random Demon Lord inside Outland instead of Illidan, right? They COULD have kept Kael as the leader of the Blood Elves, right? They COULD have used some other Scourge general instead of the Lich King as the endgame boss of WoTLK, right? They COULD have said that Arthas is too powerful to handle for young and inexperienced adventurers, right?

If you think for a second, it would make more sense to make illidan a boss, insted of making a totally random, never seen before, end-game boss. Illidan was the end-game boss for buring crusade, and he did fit perfect in that role, so i do not see a problem in that.

I do not really know the background of Kael, so well, i can not say anything about that >..<'

Why make a random Scourge leader the end-game boss, when lich king is the real leader. It would be like throwing in one of deathwings minions as a end-game boss insted of deathwing.

I wouldent call 25 full geared level 80 "inexperienced adventurers". Some of them have been "adventuring" for over 5 years, and have been fighting constantly during that time. So in term of the actual players that defeats him, that is not so weird.
And if i do not remember it wrong, when you beat lich king, it is not the actual players that defeat him. It is that human paladin with ashbringer (i cant remember his name), and the ashbringer happen to be a very powerful weapon, that can defeat lich king, so the lore actually make sense.

You could also think of it this way:
Lich king havent fighter for years, he have only "invited" people to the scourge. By that i mean death knights, etc.
And everyone gets weaker in the end.. I know its sad, but it is true..

I think lich king is a great character, and i think the same about all those main characters. But in the end, they have to leave, they can not live forever, and i guess it was just time for them to go. And Deathwing is more powerful then lich king anyway, so if we didnt kill lich king, it would probably end up with deathwing killing him...

Level 48
If you think for a second, it would make more sense to make illidan a boss, insted of making a totally random, never seen before, end-game boss. Illidan was the end-game boss for buring crusade, and he did fit perfect in that role, so i do not see a problem in that.

I do not really know the background of Kael, so well, i can not say anything about that >..<'

Why make a random Scourge leader the end-game boss, when lich king is the real leader. It would be like throwing in one of deathwings minions as a end-game boss insted of deathwing.

I wouldent call 25 full geared level 80 "inexperienced adventurers". Some of them have been "adventuring" for over 5 years, and have been fighting constantly during that time. So in term of the actual players that defeats him, that is not so weird.
And if i do not remember it wrong, when you beat lich king, it is not the actual players that defeat him. It is that human paladin with ashbringer (i cant remember his name), and the ashbringer happen to be a very powerful weapon, that can defeat lich king, so the lore actually make sense.

You could also think of it this way:
Lich king havent fighter for years, he have only "invited" people to the scourge. By that i mean death knights, etc.
And everyone gets weaker in the end.. I know its sad, but it is true..

I think lich king is a great character, and i think the same about all those main characters. But in the end, they have to leave, they can not live forever, and i guess it was just time for them to go. And Deathwing is more powerful then lich king anyway, so if we didnt kill lich king, it would probably end up with deathwing killing him...

I wouldn't call "25 full geared level 80" adventurers either. I would call them random people who for some reason are more powerful than the whole might of the Horde and Alliance... Combined.

And Brann Bronzebeard has been adventuring and fighting for over 15 years now, so what? He should be able to beat some of those 'bosses'.

But my point is, they could have made some quest or something for taking down the Lich King... With the help of 20 alliance knights, Jaina Proudmoore, Uther's spirit and some other random Alliance dudes who should be more powerful than you but are actually quite weak.

Level 17
I wouldn't call "25 full geared level 80" adventurers either. I would call them random people who for some reason are more powerful than the whole might of the Horde and Alliance... Combined.

And Brann Bronzebeard has been adventuring and fighting for over 15 years now, so what? He should be able to beat some of those 'bosses'.

But my point is, they could have made some quest or something for taking down the Lich King... With the help of 20 alliance knights, Jaina Proudmoore, Uther's spirit and some other random Alliance dudes who should be more powerful than you but are actually quite weak.

Wasnt Jaina there?.. I think she was :0
When you were alliance Jaina helped you, and when you were horde, Sylvannas helped you. I THINK. i am not entierly sure.

But w/e, lets get back on-topic..

Level 7
all in all, it's pretty sad he died... I mean arthas died... They could come up with the plan of having him get back to life, be again a human (Wow, that never happened in a game (at least in the ones i played)).
It's blizzard's word, they said he had to die, here he lies...
I'm upset that some WoW user's chars killed him...

It would be so cool to see that happen, Uther comes back from the dead, gets his revenge...