• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Legoeffect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am working on a Resident Evil map. That means I am after a scenerie which looks futuristic like roads and scyscrapers.
I can't modell but I found out a way to create impressive illsions of citybuildings. I exported some modells and copied them. Then I made new skins for them and now I can build everything I want out of those pieces. Soon I will post some screenshots to show what I am talking about...
Everybody who want to know more about that way of modeling should write down here

MfG

master Modmaker

As I promised here you can see a citybuilding i made out of different pieces of modells.

reihenhaus%201.jpg

If you are interested in this way of modelling just ask me...

One more screenie whichs shows a backyard in the uppertown.

stadt%201.jpg

And another screenie wichs shows the impressive options you have by using this kind of modelling...

stadt%202.jpg

Level 21
Master Modmaker said:
I am working on a Resident Evil map. That means I am after a scenerie which looks futuristic like roads and scyscrapers.
I can't modell but I found out a way to create impressive illsions of citybuildings. I exported some modells and copied them. Then I made new skins for them and now I can build everything I want out of those pieces. Soon I will post some screenshots to show what I am talking about...
Everybody who want to know more about that way of modeling should write down here

MfG

master Modmaker

He said he can't model but he found a way to create impressive illusions of city buildings to make it look amazing.

Level 4
Ok it's quite simple. You don't need any other programms than paintshop pro, photoshop (for alphaskinning and word+ file converter( to convert mdx to mdl and back)
Than you export a modell. Copy the file and save the copy unter f.e. steinwall.mdx. Convert the copy to *.mdl. Open the converted file in word. Search out the line where the skin (*.blp) is specified. Change the path to something you want(for example: textures\steinwand.blp) than save the file. COnvert it back to steinwand.mdx. thats the modell part. Now the skin. you can copy a modell asmany tims as aou need it. you only have to specify new skins everytime.
After you finished the modell and have the skin. just import them into your map. modell under wc3mapimported\yourmodel.mdx and the texture under textures\yourtextures.blp. restat the editor and now you can use the modell. to create buildings like i did you have to make doodads with that modells and set the pathing to none. so you can let them overlap eachother(f.e the windows). by using strg+page up/down you can change the high of doodads in editor.
mabye i will write an detailed tutorial. I am sure that will help you...

One more

stadt%203.jpg

Nice^^ one side midage other side presence...

This is a pic from the sewer under the city...

kana%201.jpg

One more from the sewer...

geil%20sehr%20geil.jpg

kana%202.jpg

Level 4
Ok I'll try.

That what you see here are combinations of modells witch have no pathing, that means you can overlay them.

The models aren't new. They are copied. That means i took an original blizzard modell (wall low) and extracted, converted and resaved it as a new one. than i created a new skin and make it fit tothe modell. than i reimported both into my map and gave some doodads those modells.

You have unlimited options with this modelling. all modells I usesd are only 1 KB size(!) the textures 5-12 KB(!). that means all modells i needed to create those pic are about 100-150Kb size all together...

You can create exiting effects without new modells too. you remove the pathing in the object editor than you can move the doodads freely. for example, the roof is the tavern^^

Level 2
Still this is not modeling at all its not alternitive modelling at all it is terraining. This belongs in the map section.

Another thing all you do is make a duplicate of a model change the skin path to something else in the mdl make a new skin with that name however you want it.

Import as a doodad that has no pathing throw them together using the pageup and page down and scaleing and then use path blockers to make it seem real.

Level 13
LOL if you wanna change the look of buildings or other objects in WE, in which section on this page would you search? Most guys would look up the model-section. Of course this is not modeling, but what's your problem with posting it here?

Sorry, but I don't understand your problem. This forum is for helping each other, not for talking about where a post should be.

Level 2
My problem is he takeing credit for something he did not create! He did not make anyof those models they are blizzards al he did is skin them. Therefore it is not modeling and he did not even create the method Ive used that method when I first started terraining. You want an alternate free way to model for wc3 open up an mdl.

Just cus your a od does not make you right infact you are completely wrong. Things need to be moved into the correct place before some people start just posting whatever they feel like posting everywhere.

This is the same as Attaching things to models through triggers and saying you edited the model.

Level 7
sure this are blizzards models, but he had the idea how to combine it. i think it's a good idea and very useful for rooms to make them more detailed. btw, where would u post this?

Level 2
please read before saying anything Razor

"I got a few tip for all new terrainer who dont yet knwo how to rais and manipulate doodads;
pg up streaches a doodad on the z scale (thats up and down)
pg down shrinks doodads on the z scale
home streaches doodads on the x and y scale, (thats sideways, and forwards and backwards)
ctrl + pg up, raises doodads up, ctrl + pg down lowers them again (note: if you move a doodad it instantly returns to its normal leval, but this dosnt happen if you just roate them)
ctrl + shift + up arrow/down arrow moves the sky backwards and forwards" from WC3C

Another thing you cant upload that to the models section but OMG you can upload it in the maps section does that mean it is terraining and belongs in the map section YUP.

Level 3
COOL!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU POST THESE IN THE MODEL SECTION I REALLY WANT TO PLAY YOUR MAP ARE YOU FINISHED YET PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 3
Hey Master ModMaker ever heard of themappersguild.net. You should post these pics over there and the people will surely love it. :D

Level 1
Ugh, I tried this three times and I can't get it to work. Can someone post what to do? I'm sure I just overlooked something like I always do. Mneh, whatcha gonna do?

Level 1
Being a Resident Evil maniac, I'd say those look pretty damn good. Excellent job. Absolutely excellent. :D You gotta upload these. You just gotta!

Level 7
god ive tried thousands of times when you were talking to rtm2 umm..... can you please send them up for download after youre done with your map...i think i know how to please u is that the map your working on with mr_psycho cuz i can do ammo triiger for that map i do ammo for all my real time and future time maps ammo so u need ammo ill do it

Status
Not open for further replies.