• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Legend Of Link

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Legend Of Link
Kokiri village

INTRODUCTION

This is my first upload on this forum cause im new since the 06/01/2013.
Im a beginner to regard to the others members and to complicate the things im a frenchie ;)
So please be indulgent will certainly make a lot of mistake
I have already made maps on W3 so I know bases but I think I have some interesting ideas to show you.

THE MAP:

This is a REALLY short map based on the Legend of Zelda theme, I made a mix of the different game so dont be shoked by the succession of the event, I make my own story.
I prioritized details in the map (sound, model, field, ...) so it's short (15 min if you're good) but clean and funny to play.
I made two others zelda's maps (deku tree and lava dungeon) that I will upload if you like this (I don't want make only one map with all the dungeon gathered because all the work is on it and it too big for one map). There will have no system of level because to me the most important in The Legend Of Zelda are the riddles and hidden secrets.

To finish, I don't know modeling so I use some model of members (in the liste at the end), thanks to them.

THANKS TO THESE MEMBERS FOR THEIR MODELS AND ICONS:

- PeeKay - Jaret - HappyTauren - chilla_Killa - Carrington2K - Elenai - Zerox - chaosfury - Dark Hunter1357 - Sven - communist_orc - Callahars - NKnight001 - hortaxman - Storm_PCF - Darklord - Chriz - Kitabatake

I probably forgot some, sorry to them.

END:
That's all on this map, Im waiting for your comments and advice

I whish it will please you!

TheDragonFly

Keywords:
The Legend Of Zelda Link Village Kokiri
Contents

The Legend Of Link (Map)

Reviews
22:22, 11th Jan 2013 Orcnet: my review
Level 16
Cool idea for a map, but its sooo very unpolished.

• You need to fix some grammer issues within some of the dialogue.
  • Some Diagloue only gives you half a second or something to read. Even if its one word, you should at least get 2 seconds or something so it doesn't look rushed.

• Music is a highlight in this map but its not used properly. In some cases, the music stops playing, some songs are interupted by other songs and sometimes warcraft 3 music comes in. Very messy. Needs to be fixed.

• Some of the camera work is jerky. Additionally, the camera can be very jumpy and glitch in some cases. Work on the camera to ensure it is clean, does not glitch and is nice to look though (doesn't move too fast, gets a good view of whats happening, etc).

• I know this map doesn't exactly follow the storyline of the game, however its odd that Link starts at the Deku tree. Slowly introduce the players into your game. Don't throw a tonne of information at them soo soon.

• The objective is not always clear. For instance; at the start with the deku tree, I'm not sure what to do. I leave the tree and a cinematic directs me back to it. I try to enter the deku tree, then the camera glitches, etc. Things need to be explained a little better.
  • There will have no system of level because to me the most important in The Legend Of Zelda are the riddles and hidden secrets.

You should at least add an ability that makes Link do a spin or something (like he does in the game), and maybe a jump ability, or a boomerang throw ability, etc. Try to add some abilities that are acheived through levels (or maybe even quests). E.g. Getting a Boomerang throw ability after finding a boomerang in a chest?

I decided to compress all your music and the bigger BLP files in your map to cut down on filesize without losing any noticable quality making it 15MB smaller. Despite the removal of the 8MB limit (for single player maps only), its still nice to have a lower filesize. Its easier to download, upload, etc. I have not changed anything in your map, other than reducing the file size. Your silly not to use this:

Attachments

• Le village Kokiri (E).w3x
    9.4 MB · Views: 61
Level 16
Why is it written 2 maximum players in the map? o_O

Umm, I think that counts how many players are allowed in the game chat room (before the game starts). This includes computer players. That means 1 player, and 1 computer player (probebly Ganon's forces or something) which equals 2 people. I don't think it can be fixed.

However, he has clearly stated in "Suggested Players" that it is a single player game.

Level 30
tested the game the map is very plain and the game play as well not much to do but just run and run and fight some one dude not much of a thrill and impact for future players, terrain is weak I suggest you come up a good jungle referring to hyrule and some graphics as well

if you want your map to get some improvement and better feed back I suggest you redirect it in the Map Development thread good luck