• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Last Stand

The Last Stand
Created by: Hell_Master

87748d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-mi.png

This is my map for the Farming Contest being held here but do please remember that little changes here were done and is not the same with my map in the Contest Entry itself so when mods are gonna moderate this, dont base the review in the Farming's result. Thank you! And no I didnt change my map at the Farming because that is cheating.

Now back to the topic, in this map you will play the role of a great Leader name Lord Vargas who came back to the Castle together with his small army to celebrate victory but unexpected things happened! The Undead invaded the castle and the Castle is left in ruin. Many corpses lies at the ground decaying, brutalized corpses and such. Even the ruler, its King was slain and at the throne sits the Death Lord, the leader of the Undead Army.

Your power is not that imaginably strong so you must acquire first the fabled Great Artifacts that is said to make the wielder strong. They are hidden in the castle not known by the undead. Go forth and seek for the Artifacts and put an end to the Death Lord's madness
87747d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-f.png

Here are the game's features. It consists of well-known features and some maybe unique:

• Rescuable units that will help you in combats and such...
  • Traps that makes the game harder
  • Savepoints that are really useful when it comes to healing your hero and units. Also, serves as a reviver.
  • Difficulty System where you can experience two modes with either strong enemies or normal enemies.
  • Achievements that adds more beauty to the game and makes you a feel more special on completing them.
  • Quiz System that gives rewards by completing it.
  • Secret Cinematic acquirable through completing all Achievements. This will also tell something about the game!
  • Buyable ability upgrades for your units to enable their usage of their locked spells and abilities.
87750d1281896230-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-s.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

87746d1281896144-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-c.png

Much thanks to this guys because of their resources that leaded to the game's completion.

• Sliph-M
  • Nexus_Blizzard
  • kola
  • Mc !
  • PeeKay
  • Tranquil
  • CloudWolf
  • Lichkings Slave
  • Frankster
  • Cavman
  • Mr Goblin
  • JesusHipster
  • Pyritie
  • JetFangInferno
  • The_Avenger's_Return
  • Paladon
87752d1281896430-need-pictures-your-map-description-come-here-assassinate-cl.png

• Released in Map Section!

• Added a Minimap Preview Image
  • Added new abilities for units and also upgrades
  • Improved description for the Artifacts showing the ability they give. This is to give knowledge to the player because a question by he Quiz Master will ask something related to the Artifacts.
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dungeon Crawl, Last Stand
Contents

The Last Stand (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet22:11, 5th June 2013 Map Approved with Swag The Last Stand (Version 1.1) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...
Level 30
Thanks for the support guys, Neo is working on it with me giving some ideas and we promise it will be much much better. Thanks once again fo the supports and Lord_Marrowgrath, I already have a terrainer. And iam3rror, not yet sure but iy'll take time I can see...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
-they were all facing with their backs to the undead and none of them engaged each other, though they were so near, until the scene ended
-why not black mask instead of the whole map visible?
-hotkeys for spells?
-units selected during cinematic scenes; the shots are just like the normal game camera
-not really fond of transmissions that repeat to only add some text up; one can miss the new content
-going to the quizmaster and not answering correctly the first time will result in the hero being paused; other words don't work or at least there's no text to mention that (well the text just remains on the screen; it should disappear after a while; checked the log to realise that); got past some of the questions; the problem is that you can't cancel...; the first boss was Logan, why the heck is that wrong? Because it was his hero name.... How do you expect for players to remember that and not be able to cancel the quiz?
-cinematic scenes can't be skipped

2/5. Sorry.

Level 3
I don't really like this map.
The pauses between each character speaking last from two up to four seconds.

• Screenshot links are broken.
  • Loading Screen has too much text & the last sentence is incomplete.
  • Long cinematics with no voice acting.
  • Cinematics have pauses between each person speaking.
  • Terraining is good.
  • Nice use of custom models.

Level 5
I reviewed this map here:
Topic: Last Stand review • 3ICE.HU

Not sure about posting off-site links — being possibly against the rules (?) So I'll also quote parts of my review below:
Playthrough comments, part 1:
Why can I see the whole map? Nicer to reveal areas as they are unlocked, using regions and visibility modifier triggers.
Chain heal has no hotkey, making healing rather difficult. I'm not used to clicking ability buttons. I press E or T for heals.
Second quest in the chain (40 kills) does not reset kill counter so it actually needs 65 kills total. (As the "undead units killed" text goes.)
Cinematics cannot be skipped and are occasionally slow (edit: as in "too long"). I can sometimes read it three times before it finally cuts to the next scene.
Holy light (at the Trainer) costs wood. We do not get any wood. The other two upgrades are pricey but gold-only so okay.
Wish it (Trainer) wasn't a Footman model though. I tried hotkeying it into my unit group and sending it into battle.
Circle of Power (waygate) is always tricky to use. Units keep going and coming right back.
Save points can be used over and over. Yes, even the full heal by tricking the map triggers.
Cinematic with Vampire Lord (demon) typo: "have already take care of it" missing an "n". taken.
Warrior Will (reincarnation) has no cooldown, making it completely impossible to lose the game. I lost all my footmen but not Sir Zark the Mighty. Ever.
Elder din is rather dim, he says "something to tell of you" There should be no "of" there, grammatically.
Lord Vargas is cool.
Having a lot of fun so far, this is a good single player map.
Part 2:
"Now the game really begins!"
Human NPC forces can be slaughtered. (Knights, villagers, women, even kids.) They should be invulnerable or something, for RP reasons.

Quizmaster is awful. My hero is permanently stuck, no way to exit. Also the questions are not quiz-worthy. I don't know the name of generic villain #1, it wasn't that important or notable.
There should be:
Hints after a while / couple wrong guesses
A way to exit the quiz (seriously!)
Limited amount of tries per question so I'm not stuck guessing forever.

Here are all the answers if you want to get out of being stuck:
set udg_Quiz_Question[1] = "Who is the leader of the Undead Army that attacked your land?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[1] = "Death Lord"
set udg_Quiz_Question[2] = "Who is the one who guided you and gave you knowledge about the great artifacts?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[2] = "Elder Din"
set udg_Quiz_Question[3] = "Who is the first Undead Boss you have fought?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[3] = "Vampire Lord"
set udg_Quiz_Question[4] = "What Artifact that gives the ability Presence?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[4] = "Rune of the Extreme"
set udg_Quiz_Question[5] = "Who is the first Undead Boss you have fought?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[5] = "Vampire Lord"
Also, why on earth is the entire quiz case sensitive? I cannot type "stone of great strength", it must be "Stone of Great Strength"...
Also I'd much rather answer "sogs", abbreviated. (The above is not an actual answer to any quiz question. No spoilers necessary.)
Then, just for fun (and exploiting the rewards) I re-took the quiz...
(null) BIG MISTAKE! (null) No answers (null) are valid. (null)
Had to kill off my hero to get out... (Took a while, as I built defensively with max devotion aura (8+3 armor, 40% damage reduction, 1200 HP, good regeneration, and only had one unit attacking average attack speed, 19-27 damage)
My hero did NOT revive. (So lowly Sir Zark the Mighty is immortal, but the main hero is not?)
Hoofed it back to a save point, that did not resurrect me either. What's the point then?
This concludes my play test. I am NOT soloing the rest with just Sir Zark the Mighty. He can't even pick up the three stones.
"Now the game ends."