• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Landtest Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Greetings noble sirs and... siresses of the Hive.

I have been working on a project for quite a while now that has been known to me as 'Landtest', purely because i couldn't think of an better name at the time.

[Boring history segment, skip to get to the point]

It all started with Herotest, the map I made for a bunch of hero ideas. Then I remembered i had to make terrain for the heroes, thus was born Landtest. I merged them both into Landtest2.

Landtest2 being a faliure, i then moved on to Landtest3, a RPG style map. Halfway through production i realised that i had no idea how to make quests, so it was discarded.

Several years down the track, with a few ill-fated attempts to make a hero arena style map i sat back down and made Landtest4, a new and devient way to play Warcraft 3. The idea revolved around entirely new races based on their predecessors.

[End of history.]

Basicly what im looking for here is somebody who has experience with this sort of thing to give me constructive criticism.

Some things you should know before you test it, if you decide to, is:
This is an ALPHA map. Expect the worst.
Trees are essentially invincible.
Humans are the only race you should try, and Undead are grossly unfinished.
Night elves and Orcs have been untouched, and are playable.

I think thats about it.

Attachments

• landtest4.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Level 1
Land Test
>The terrain is of only one tile. Use some variations.
>Place wildlife to make it look more alive.
>The tax does not come.
>Why I should not play against the undead or use them?
>You are using a pack horse for gathering resources. Someone with it will make it look sensible as a horse itself gathering resources looks odd by its legs' attacks.
>The Tavern has more hit points than the large tent which is the main building of the
humans.
>The Call to Arms does not work
>The drunken frenzy can be used on the militia by the militia himself.
>Need description of the spells.

I downloaded the map & played it a little but tell me what should I test? What kind of map are you trying to create?

There is a World Editor Help Zone on Hive. You can discuss the many problems you told about on the loading screen.

Advise about the post. You are looking for testers so you should mention it write away explaining what kind of map you are trying to create.

To Moderator
This thread should be taken to Project Recruitment as the user wants help in testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.