• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The King of Dragons v1.54

Reactions: Jwayne94
The King of Dragons v1.54_beta for Warcraft 3 TFT (fixed)

Hi, I`ve released my new updated RPG map The King of Dragons!
This is a RPG based on the famous good old arcade game by Capcom from 1991, maybe you know it!

Here is a small summary about this map:
Lots of new features has been added since 1.23
v1.54 features:

- Playable for 1-10 players
- 9 different and balanced caracters (still lots of balance needed to be done), here I want to ask for your helppeople out there!
- Each character has 2 professions, exept wizard she has 3, so the total number of playable carcter now is 19!
- Every caracter has 5 diferent skills that can be upgraded to level 20 (Yes you heard well lvl 20) each!
- Every player has 3 starting lifes at normal, extra lifes can be earned by killing enemies!
- 5 Acts featuring 17 Stages
- 18 bosses and several hard to beat monsters.
- 300+ items that are categorized into classes like in most of the RPG`s, 5 magic orbs that are based on the original arcade version orbs, more than 150 items from 300 is custom made by me!
- 30-40 quests
- Hero Max level is 80 !!
- Each Stage end boss is fought in diferent arenas.
- Stage 15 secret, a great surprize! you need to type gg in fron of that gate
- A nice combo sytem :D
- Hours of fun!

It took me about a year to made this map! Now another several months to update! This version is still in a beta state becouse in these weeks I`ve updated a lot and new bugs may occur!

The purpose of my upload was to fix those bugs and to make public my hard work, I think it`s a true fun playing this map if you like these kind of RPG`s.I want to thank to all my friends for support, and to all people out there the icons, models and especially all the unprotected maps from where i`ve learned the basics that is needed to create such a thing, so you can expect from me that this map is unprotected too, maybe my work can be useful for other people.

I want help from you...please comment this map, but do not be cruel with me, just post if you want to improove my work or if you like it and want to be more complex and fun!Maybe you have good ideas or more experience in making an RPG map good and fun!

By the way you can encourage me to open the world editor after all those nights and days spent making this map to improove it more and make more balanced and fun! You can see that I repeat myself a couple of times, becouse in a map or in a game the most important thing is to be fun playing it!
Just host it on bnet or hamachi and if you have somethin` to tell me just post it here, I`m here and listening!
You can add me to MSN, my ID is: [email protected]
Finally I want to thank you if you play my map! It`s an honor to me to see people playin` my map!
Before you play it, note that I would add many many things in the future, but now I have some kind of problems and do not have time to implement all the wanted stuff!
Contents

The King of Dragons v1.54 (Map)

Reviews
panther-anthro: Well designed map, the loading screen and minimap preview picture were especially well made. This map seems to have a lot effort put into it, but I think there are leaks within because I was getting serious lag, also this map is...

M

panther-anthro: Well designed map, the loading screen and minimap preview picture were especially well made. This map seems to have a lot effort put into it, but I think there are leaks within because I was getting serious lag, also this map is extremely hard to beat with 1 player even though it says that its possible, I was playing as the Demon. Does the game scale to number of players or no?

Regardless, I give this map a 8 out of 10.

Level 5
kinda boring... too much running around back and forth, the respawn idea is not up to par with current maps.
No custom spells.
No innovative way to manage spells.
No item builds.
No creative items.
No item allocation system.
Eye candy leads to disappointment (the height, weight of the character description, manapulate them into the gameplay)
No hardness system built, single player seems just as hard as multiplayer.
Stat system contributing a HIGH mana/hp regen is outrageous.
Map loading is tooo LONG!(Optimize it or create the units as the player enters the zone, dont make the map initialize every single bad guy at 0:00 seconds)

Other than that, the game has good sounds.

Level 2
Actually, lots thank for comments, but I have a very limited time and this map was not tested! I will make further updates as I know my mistakes, bugs and other bad things.

So, give me more comments :)

Level 1
I think it is a briliant map :) its obvious that you did spend a fuckin LOT of time making it ! I've played it 2 times till the end and started it with my brother aswell and we both love it :D

the boss in the special - "gg"- area is bugged though which realy sucked because he is and stays invincible and you cant go back.

and it definitely is possible to beat the map alone ! The beginning might be a bit hard but nothing you couldnt handle

Level 1
i found a bug with the glyphs being dropped by bosses in the circle of powers... even though you pick up the glyph it won't let you into the circle of power after you picked it up. it tells you to pick the glyph up; then enter the circle of power. thus when i play it alone I can only get to the final part of saving the shaman , and enter the circle next to him, or fight mannoroth the second time an then i can't enter the portal after i grab the glyph. otherwise the game is good i like the skill sets, mana should be boosted up a bit. other than that its fine i think. email me at [email protected] if you need anything else relset

Level 1
I have also run into that problem with the Undead lord Glyph thing it sucks because i was having fun at the time

Level 3
I have 3 things to say:

1) since feb of this year, somebody posted the problem with the "rune" and the second boss round 2... never solved it...

2) this map's not bad when it comes to just having some fun a little while... but definetly load time is too long...

3) please! improve the way to manage items... i mean think about it:
at lvl 10 is best to have armor, hp and regen (by pots or whatever) so no slots for huge damage items... if you get some rare item droped, there must be a way to save it somewhere... at least the easiest thing, a -vault or -warehouse command (or "inventory" skill on the hero) that moves you to some place to drop items on floor... just as simple as that (-exit to exit from there). so

So lets remind it to you^^:
* FIX THE RUNE PROBLEM ON SECOND BOSS (Round 2)
* DECREASE MAP LOADING TIME
* ADD A ITEM STORAGE SYSTEM

:) nothing more, map's good, exept for those 3 mistakes

Level 5
In a sea of RPGs that rely on their save/load system and grinding for hours with other players to play, we have this one. I wish more "RPGs" would focus on a story and less on how fancy they can make grinding.

I do believe the dialog could use some help, and the map loading is rediculous, probably the longest I've seen in a long while. Going through and trying to slim down unnessessary triggers would help a lot.

4/5

(Edit: This map does not seem to have a Save/load system. Just FYI for anyone who is curious.)

Last edited:
Level 2
been playing this game for some time and having a blast with it on bnet...so kudos to you and your hard work...the only real prob I've been having the that i can get the 1st quest to fully complete,it says return to shaman,but then nothing happens,but I have already completed the game regardless...and maybe a sort or companion/backpack to help manage your items would be awesome!

Level 2
guys, if you havnt noticed, the map hasnt been updated since 2007, i do believe he dropped off of updating this map. gl trying to get the glyph problem solved

Level 1
Pros:
1) Interesting map, very fun with quest around
2) Heroes are 'quite' balance
3) Item drops..
4) Each hero has their profession

Cons:
1) Lots of bugs around, eg. rune bugs people had mention hasn't been fixed
2) Will get boring if there isn't more items, stronger creeps

Others:
1) You may look through what i mention and fixed/add the needed materials.

P/S: I haven't completed the map yet, not even half so i don't know more...

Rate: 8/10

Level 2
[Kauss Rating System]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Pros:
- Excellent multiplayer RPG
- Each class has their own profession
- Many quests and rewards
- Custom items
- Boss fightning system

The Cons:
- Lots of bugs may ruin the game
- Heroes are not well balance enough
- Will get bored soon, it's just killing
- Monsters are very weak

Suggestions:
- You can fix what i mention
- Strengthen the monsters..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently i found a updated version which has some fixed with the rune.

The King of Dragons vPAS/

Level 1
Damn, stucked on the Dragon Boss, the same problem. That bug is a great dissapointment

Last edited: