• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Village People v1.54

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Village People

Created by: Ironman47

Map description:

In this map you farm for a living raise some pigs, chickens, rabbits and wild boar. Gather some eggs for diner. Do a little stone mining. Take a break from all the hussel and bussel of war...but wait your enemies preparing a little surprise attack on your little peace of paradise. You must find a way to survive the onslaught.
Farmer, keeper of the village or farmer's wife you must build a thriving farm to gain enough resources to amass an army and defeat the invading melee AI.

Map Features:

-Several different farm animals you raise and slaughter for food
-Chickens that lay eggs you can consume
-Granary which automaticly feeds your livestock for you. (who's got time for such things)
-Many different mining picks to choose from for mining stone
-Hidden Gem Quest
-Prebuilt pens for your livestock with working gates. (A must have).
-A local town within walking distance for those things you just gotta have.
-Purchasable weapons so you can equip each of your military units for battle.
-Trained attack dogs that will kill your livestock for you. (yes, this is the life).
-Potions that have extraordinary powers.

Screenshots coming soon.

Keywords:
Farming, Village people, Ironman14, animals
Contents

Village People v1.54 (Map)

Reviews
22:01, 27th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 3
very good idea, but really need some serious nerfing on the farmer's units or item. I found some bugs, u can use more than 1 pick and it works.

maybe you should limit the usage of weapon like 1 weapon for each unit, because my village helper is the strongest with 6 orc slayer.

The Orc AI is too dumb, i think you should touch up with it, its really awful to see that u prepared a strong army when u can just defeat the orc with 4 siege machine.

farmer's unit are rigged !!!

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Acceptable terrain

Negative features:

- Very low describing quest menu
- I had no idea what to do
- Who is the enemy anyway?
- Cheats

Additional Information / Conclusion:

The map lacks basic new player friendly guide. I had no idea what to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Rating: 2/5
Vote for:
Rejected