• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Story

It takes places after the end of Warcraft3 The Frozen Throne. Arthas has become the Lich King en more powerfull then ever before. The Alliance of Orcs, Humans and Night Elves has grown. They are eager to have their revenge on Arthas for all what he has done to them. The massive army of the Alliance has began a headhunt for Arthas and his minions. Arthas, with all his pride and stubborness, had to hide from the power of the Alliance. He went into exile.

Because of the strong alliance between the races, most borderposts and defensive castles went out of order. There was no need for them anymore. They had a few people to look after the castles and posts, to repair and keep them running for when the soldiers come back from the headhunt.

This story is about how four hero's are send to an out of order castle. The new king of Lorderon has not heard any news from it sinds two seasons. The job is get some anwsers for not hearing any news from that castle.

Mapdescription

This is a straight to the point DungeonCrawler/ RPG. You chose a hero and play the map. The map has some scripted events (like cinematics :ogre_kawaii:) and scripted bossfights.
The gameplay is around 2hours, it depends on how well things are going. It supports four players, but can be played with less.
Map is still in development.

Features
  1. The Heros from the Warcraft series with new custom spells
    You can play with Uther, Illidan and more. They all have unique skills to aid them in their quest.
  2. New custom heros
    An Alchemist and a pandaren blademaster are also playeble.
  3. Unique "Revive System"
    When you die, a grave spawns on your position. You are now in the hands of your allied hero's. They can chose to revive you with a channeling spell. It takes 1 hero 10 seconds, and with more heros its quicker. Be warned, it can be interrupted and the cooldown is long. When you are revived you have a penalty -10 armor for 10 seconds.
  4. Commanders
    There are a lot of creeps in this map. They need a strong command to lead them into battle. These commanders are really strong, and need a few hero's to be taken down. There are 4 commanders, 2 melee and 2 ranged casters.
  5. Scripted Bossfights
    Bossfights are dynamic and intens. When a boss is channeling, you better run from him or hope your allies are ready to revive you.
  6. Cinematics
    There are some cinematics to give a better feeling to the map, and also its nice to enjoy the surroundings.
  7. Unique Mapstyle
    This map is sliced into 2 regions. The top 60% is the castle with surroundings. The bottom 40% are the rooms inside the castle. For example: Barracks, Kitchen, Library, Armory, Throne Room, Torture Room ect.
  8. Its not getting easy
    The enemies become stronger with the heros leveling up. So that the skeleton in the first part of the game are still strong in the end of the game.

140676d1415115967-job-panorama-view.png

140675d1415115967-job-chopper-view.png

140677d1415115967-job-tour1.png

140678d1415115967-job-graveyard.png

140674d1415115967-job-chef.png

They even have a chef:grin:

Author : Paulus

This map is still in development

Attachments

• Chef.png
    Chef.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 799
  • Chopper View.png
    Chopper View.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 846
  • Panorama View.png
    Panorama View.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,105
  • Tour1.png
    Tour1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 808
  • Graveyard.png
    Graveyard.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 863
Last edited:
Level 21
I think it would be more fun if you created your own world to base the RPG on instead of using the Warcraft storyline so that you're more free to include things and locations that may not fit into the Warcraft universe.

You have some really great features listed there. I especially like the sound of the revive system, but I hope you're going to include an auto-revive after something like 60 seconds so players aren't permanently dead if no allies are around to help them. And It would be great to see some unique classes instead of the characters that are a bit overused in RPGs.

The 8th feature is great, and I feel that all RPGs like this should have it to keep things interesting throughout the game :pcon: There's just the issue of balancing it in case certain players outlevel the others too much.

Level 6
@Soviet.
Ok, I will change them, not sure how its done but i look into it. Is that your only comment on the map?
@Thickels.
Actually i don't know the story of warcraft. I only know the campaign of ROC and TFT. What happend before and after is a mystery for me. Maybe fanboys of the original story gonna hate me :p. I have made new custom skills so thats going to brake them loose from their old gameplay.
I was thinking about letting the players die en let them restart the game. But its kinda hard. Have some new ideas, like runestone-checkpoints (sunken ruins rpg) but with a punischment because it should be a chalange.
About the classes, im not really working with that. Its more roles like in dota. Tank/ support/ dps...
Anywayz thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

Level 6
Creepy creeps

Small update, finished the graveyard... some water problems there.

And finished the main creeps for this map. I gave them some passive and active abilities. These will scale while the game progresses. Also gonna make a em smarter by triggers. So they use spells when needed, back off when needed, ect. ect.

attachment.php

From left to right:
Necromancer:
He uses crippling magic to slow his enemies and can raise a skeleton from a dead body.
Zombie:
This living undead has been food for the flies sinds his dead. Now he uses a locust swarm to attack his enemies
Rotten Zombie:
A body filled with gasses and toxic. His attacks poisons and slows his enemies, so he can eat his paralized prey with ease. When killed, the gasses are released from his body, creating a powerfull deathcloud.
Abomination:
A big bad undead creature. This creature is also filled with gas, but instead of releasing it, he combust it. Carefull when he goes KABOOM!
Skeletal Archer:
A longbow archer, with high range. The furter he shoot, the less accurate his shots will be. He can shoot an arrow, lit on fire, in the air to gain more vision. Also can throw a net on a enemy so he can take his distance and has an easy shot.
Flesh Shambler:
This are the remains of the guardians of the castle. They where trained with the defensive art. Deflecting and taking lots of damage, even in their afterlife.
Skeletal Mage:
Magic keeps this creature walking, it also keeps it fireing. This mage will slow and stun you. Dont even try to outrun this guy in a race.
Banshee:
A lost soul, left her body but never found rest. Now she haunts this castle. She can curse her enemies, or even sacrifice herself do to major damage to a single target. She also can gain possession of a body. Giving the host a powerfull boost, but he dies from the inside overtime.
Ghoul:
Madman of the scourge. This one will feast on his enemies flesh and blood. With a powerfull beserk and some lifesteal, this one is hard to put down when trippin.
Skeletal Warrior:
Some warriors will die for their cause. This one takes it to serieus, and will die multiple times for his cause if needed. Sometimes he gets lucky with a critical hit on an enemie.

Attachments

• Grouppicture Creeps.jpg
    Grouppicture Creeps.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 650
Level 6
New update
Added some items:

Runes: activated when picked up. Restores hp, mp or both, based on % of maximum.
Potions: when activated. Restores hp or mp, based on % of maximum.
Scrolls: different scrolls with handy spells
Combine items: basic items that can be combined with the same type to become a tier higher item
Rare items: The better stuff for fighting the enemy. These drop rarely. Also there are 3 types of these. Broken, damage en normal. Broken is worst version and damage is somewhat lesser.
Legendairy items: Comming Soon (drop by bosses)
Uncommon items: just items with some extra stuff
Common items: basic items

The items also have models so much more eye candy :)

Btw, map is just passed the 3mb threshold.

Level 6
New update:

Finished the torture room. It begins with a cinematic and the partyleader then has to choose between the dead of the man (in pic) or to deactivate the alarm.
If alarm is sounded, the place will be flooded with creeps, but otherwise the man dies and his story about what happend to the castle will die with him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dungeon.jpg
    Dungeon.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 617
Level 6
Small update.... well just a picture actually ^^

attachment.php

Attachments

• Helicopter View.jpg
    Helicopter View.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 577
Level 6
The Revive system in a nutshell.
If you die, a grave spawns on the location where you died.
Each hero has a revive ability, it's a channeling spell for 10 sec with a cooldown of 20 sec. After 10 sec channeling, the grave breaks and the fallen hero is revived. With more hero's channeling 1 grave, the faster the grave breaks.

Well, what if all hero's die?
When all the hero's of the alliance die, then nobody can revive eachother. To prevent an abrupt end to the game, i have thought of a solution.

In the game are some resurrection stones. These stones can be activated, and only 1 stone can be activated at a time. When all hero's are dead, their spirits can enter the world with these stones. Spirits can walk freely and are invisible.
They then need to find the grave where their bodies are locked up. After breaking the grave they enter and revive their body.

I'm only thinking of a bounty for losing all 4 hero's. So this system can't be used for an easy solution to a boss or deathly situation.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resurrection.jpg
    Resurrection.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 572
Level 6
Work in progress

Made a stable and some towers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments