• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hobbit Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
will peter jackson or other directors make The Hobbit a movie? any news coz i hav none?

i hope pj will make the movie not just for oscar but for the sake of fans...like me, hungry for adv/fantasy movies (forgot the rest) & now living in the memories of the LOTR trilogy...

"may the gods save me in this eternal damnation"

Pls send news to this poor guy...

Level 10
actually he mite not bcuz he has to but the rites from the guy who made the suky version of the animated theing as he did with that suky animated version and i think ive heard he doesnt want to sell those rites but im not sure if thats changed or not.....

Level 11
Yes, he probably will eventually do a movie of the Hobbit.

As for no movies after that...

There's always The Silmarillion. :eek:

But I know the chances of that being made a movie are minimal. :(

Level 7
I actually, doubt that... Highly.. Because one bad movie can ruin your Rep.*
I've heard rumors about some King Kong movie... That's the only rumor i've heard, and none about The Hobbit was said that wasnt already said in the movies. If you have never seen the Hobbit animation or read the book. The movies make perfect sense.

I know, :wink: What can I say, I'm a snoop and have wayz of finding things out.. Sometimes without even needing to kill ANYONE!
:shock:
I may be watching you....

Level 3
Joey. said:
I actually, doubt that... Highly.. Because one bad movie can ruin your Rep.*
I've heard rumors about some King Kong movie... That's the only rumor i've heard, and none about The Hobbit was said that wasnt already said in the movies. If you have never seen the Hobbit animation or read the book. The movies make perfect sense.

I know, :wink: What can I say, I'm a snoop and have wayz of finding things out.. Sometimes without even needing to kill ANYONE!
:shock:
I may be watching you....

joey, joey, u r so uninformed. da king kong movie is not a rumour, itz coming out at da end of this year. it stars naomi watts and jack black. and its not a rumour. joey manz, u needa get out more and stop playing warcraft.

The Oscar-winning Lord of the Rings ringmaster and his screenwriting-producing partner Fran Walsh have optioned the rights to Alice Sebold's bestselling debut novel, The Lovely Bones, and plan to make it their next big-screen venture after finishing their remake of King Kong.

Bones is told from the vantage of a dead 14-year-old girl, who reflects back on the events that led to her rape and murder and how her loved ones cope with the tragedy.

Besides Bones, the Los Angeles Times reports that Jackson is developing a biopic on late pioneering New Zealand aviator Jean Batten, entitled Jean Batten: The Garbo of the Skies.

So thats his agenda for the next few years. And the hobbit will probably be made after he finishes the biopic. And after that, Peter really wants to make the classic anime NEON GENESIS: EVANGELIOn into a film. so yer.

King Kong, starring Jack Black, Naomi Watts, and Adrien Brody, is due out in December, while The Lovely Bones will hit theaters sometime in 2007.

Level 12
Highly unlikely. First, there's the fact that The Hobbit probably wasn't as exciting as the LotR trilogy. Second, I doubt that Peter Jackson would do so since he won't make the money from the sales. So no, I don't see how Peter Jackson could actually make The Hobbit.

And btw benneywong, remove your last post. :p

Level 3
SeaGull1723 said:
Highly unlikely. First, there's the fact that The Hobbit probably wasn't as exciting as the LotR trilogy. Second, I doubt that Peter Jackson would do so since he won't make the money from the sales. So no, I don't see how Peter Jackson could actually make The Hobbit.

And btw benneywong, remove your last post. :p

how do i remove my last post, teach me ima noob!

and saying peter jackson wont make money from the sales, is just ridiculous. the LOTR trilogy together grossed more than 3 billion dollars worldwide. and if he were to release THE hobbit i think it would be another box offic smash. King Kong has been said to be one of the niggest films this year, and will break records all over the world.

Level 7
Here BENNY, I'll learn you the complicated ways or Deleting a Post, first you so hard as to find your post, then, you so hard as to look for the Icon that says Delete*(X)*. After that, you aggrivatively Press the delete Icon (BUT WAIT! Don't press too hard now...) And says *YES YES YES! DELETE MY CRAPPY POST!* (That icon is only for you however, because you are unique and Nub like. Wc3c decided to bend the rules and give you your own special icon.)
:D Hope you get it right this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.