• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Hobbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
news_thumb_27644_630.jpg

Description
As many of you probably know The Hobbit was just showed in cinema and i just loved it and i decided to make a campaign out of each Hobbit movie. There will be approximately 5 missions for each movie. But i can guaranty you that each mission will be unique and long but not to long of course :)

Now for the actual description
A younger and more reluctant Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins, sets out on a "unexpected journey" to the Lonely Mountain with a spirited group of Dwarves to reclaim a their stolen mountain home from a dragon named Smaug.

Key Features

- Play as Bilbo Baggins on a thrilling adventure through Middle-Earth.

- Follow the Hobbit Trilogy.

- Fight the Dragon Smaug.

- Play as Radagast the Brown through hes short adventure in Mirkwood forest.

Release date: Well for now its impossible to say when its gona get released, i think its going to be on January or maybe even February. But do expect preview pictures and maybe videos comming out in the comming days.

DELAYED

Well to be honest the hobbit campaign which i was making was done about 2 weeks ago however i decided to trash the idea and start over. Now you may wonder why?

Because i decided to go with the books story and some of the choices i made during the making of the hobbit campaign was less than desireble. I had a couple of friends that tested it out to and they agreed with me and said that it was absolute rubbish. So i decided to start over and follow the movie story instead and expand on that. Sorry for keeping you guys in the dark for so long and i hope that this covers up everything this project is not dead and i will finish it very soon.

Preview: The Misty Mountains Beneth Goblin-Town

mistymountainspreview2.bmp

Last edited:
Level 14
I bet you watched the movie. Joined the hive a day later and said 'I bet I can make one of the most complicated stories into one of the most complicated map designs - campaign.'

Good luck, but I have my reserves. ^^ +rep

Level 2
I bet you watched the movie. Joined the hive a day later and said 'I bet I can make one of the most complicated stories into one of the most complicated map designs - campaign.'

Good luck, but I have my reserves. ^^ +rep

Well kinda but i read the book and ive been making maps for a while now. I just never joined the hive :)

Level 37

The story isn't that complicated; the story is very linear as they just travel to one destination. Well, there's a bigger fight in the end but definitely the story isn't complicated.

Good luck with the project.

Level 30
I love LOTR wc3 maps and so this is. Wishing you a good luck on this project. Ok, for the terrain of your screenshot.... Improve it, its quite empty to me, add some combinaton of tiles and even doodads to make it realistic looking. Once more, good luck, here's a +REP!

Level 14
The story isn't that complicated; the story is very linear as they just travel to one destination. Well, there's a bigger fight in the end but definitely the story isn't complicated.

Good luck with the project.

It takes more than reading the book to understand the characters of it and try to implement them into a game. I guess I meant that the story is complicated in terms of recreating memorable characters with their behavior, features, add quotes from parts of the book (but i think using the movie will now be a lot easier), and make it a quality game. As people always tend to focus on the gameplay itself they often forget to characterize the heroes of the map. That's what I meant when I said it's complicated.

Level 2
It takes more than reading the book to understand the characters of it and try to implement them into a game. I guess I meant that the story is complicated in terms of recreating memorable characters with their behavior, features, add quotes from parts of the book (but i think using the movie will now be a lot easier), and make it a quality game. As people always tend to focus on the gameplay itself they often forget to characterize the heroes of the map. That's what I meant when I said it's complicated.

I understand that you are conserned about the story and how i am going to make it into a game but dont worry. I am a 100% middle earth fan and i pretty much know most of the lore there are probably some threads or some things i dont know but i believe that i know enough to make the hobbit into a campaign.

I understand that you are conserned about the story and how i am going to make it into a game but dont worry. I am a 100% middle earth fan and i pretty much know most of the lore there are probably some threads or some things i dont know but i believe that i know enough to make the hobbit into a campaign.

If he was truly concerned about the story he would NOT have adviced you to use the movie as reference. It was the worst piece of crap i have ever seen, it was as if George Lucas had made it and turned every character into Jar Jar Binks. Just an overstretched piece of storyline filled with juvenile fight scenes and ridiculously overplayed characters. Do NOT base it even slightly off the movie and you will have a much better map.

Status
Not open for further replies.