• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It looks exactly like Lord of the Rings, with more dwarves, as it should - for consistency, anyway. Nothing special, though. Trailer doesn't give me anything because I'm solely concerned with how the story is presented.

Level 34
I'm finished, hand me a cigarette.

Seriously though the trailer obviously doesn't prove it's going to be awesome. Still can't wait to find out for myself.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Recently watched LotR on TV again, I still loved the return of the king. There you have elves, orcs, humans and undead, the lich king too. LotR movie is so war3. This should be interesting idk.

WC3 is so LOTR. But nowhere near the quality.

Level 21
December 14, 2012... I have waited for 7 years now so I guess one more is fine :(

So there will be more than one movie to cover the book? :confused:

There will be two very large parts, kinda like what Harry Potter did for the final movie.

Oh and I'm really excited for this. /)^3^(\

Level 14
2 Parts... they could have done it in one... but there is alot of content to cover.

I like how they just arent recycling the LoTR soundtrack. There were new scores too! I'll be ready for a killer soundtrack to listen to.

I am ready for the midnight release.

~Asomath

Level 17
If there is going to be two separate parts to this, then I'm happy with that.

If it was bunched up into one movie I don't think I could sit in the cinemas for 50% of the movie only to have the other 50% on a DVD.

Level 22
WC3 is so LOTR. But nowhere near the quality.

That's true because the book is somewhere from the (50s of 20th century) and war3 was started from it but the LotR movie is somewhat copied from War3 or war2, hard to say as the 1st lotr was kind of 2001 afair

Also I thought this was uploaded among the fake trailers existing on YouTube like Avatar 2 and matrix 4. Now i see it is real.

Level 18
Being a LotR fan myself I was a bit worried The Hobbit would dissapoint, but so far I really like what they've been showing, think they picked the perfect guy for Bilbo and the soundtrack so far sounds great to me as well. :D

Level 22
Well you cannot deny that there is a lot war3ish in lotr, ofc they can't be green and 1:1 the same or it would be obvious but I'm surprised there is not even notice that something's been used from the game for the movie. It's so obvious.

I thought it was gonna be the same Bilbo from LotR, will see how it is with this one.

Level 11
Well you cannot deny that there is a lot war3ish in lotr, ofc they can't be green and 1:1 the same or it would be obvious but I'm surprised there is not even notice that something's been used from the game for the movie. It's so obvious.

I thought it was gonna be the same Bilbo from LotR, will see how it is with this one.

I don't see any resemblance between LotR orcs and wc orcs except for their teeth and the general humanoid body.

Its more likely that warcraft got some ideas from LotR as the books are older. Also if I remember correctly there were detail descriptions in The Hobbit book that I read of how creatures looked like.

And since games has been seen as a toy for children for a long time what are the odds of the designers who works most of their time to say "hey, lets check out how the game industry designs their orcs"

Well the possibility is still there that they copied and changed but the odds are against it and also how much can you copy from a 2d game?

Level 18

I think the designs for LotR would be more inspired by other creature designs that were made way before Warcraft 3 came out. I think the inspiration was more the other way around in that LotR inspired WC3. :b

From what I've seen they will have both Ian Holm (the actor playing Bilbo in the Lord of the Rings) and Martin Freeman, where Ian Holm will play the older "Lord of the Rings" Bilbo. Since The Hobbit is set way before the story of The Lord of the Rings too place I doubt Ian Holm would be the right actor for that role (especially when taking into consideration that many years have passed since they started filming for The Lord of the Rings).

Level 22
My whole point was that the movie and im talking about just the movie LotR - the way some creatures would look was based on the already existing in war3 - with changes so that they don't look exact copies from war3. Im talking about their visualization here. My opinion is that Warcraft whether War3 or WoW helped the visualization of these creatures, there is a lot of similarities and the book can hardly give you an idea how to make these creatures unlike seeing already made creatures from games..

As for warcraft originating as a story, yes, since lotr is older.. Whatever

Level 18
I'm really eager to see how the events in Unfinished Tales (the war between dwarves and orcs, the sack of Erebor, the White Council gatherings, the attack on Dol Guldur, Saruman's corruption etc.) are shown and how the Tales' darker tone is balanced with the fairytale-sounding Hobbit.

Also why was Galadriel gently stroking Gandalf's hair in the sunset? >.> And the only thing I dislike so far is Thorin having a short beard. He's a dwarf, damn it, a dwarven king.

Status
Not open for further replies.