• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Hiveworkshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I had no idea where to post this, but i just really want to know... wasn't this site called w3sear.ch or something like that? and if it was, why did it come to be called hiveworkshop now?

Level 11
thanks man... i used to always go to wc3sear.ch and when it was gone i was wondering wth happened to it... but this site has a much better design to it anyway :D but anyway man... thanks... +Rep :D hehe

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

wc3sear.ch got trouble with hosting, as far as the official story goes, Ralle offered to host all the content for wc3sear.ch on his server, and eventually the two sites merged and the style and purpose of wc3sear.ch is what identifies THW today.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I was there!!!!

No not really, but almost.

Anyways, the hive still looks a lot like wc3sear.ch only improved offcourse... i didn't really use my account in wc3sear but i do now obviously on the hive.

Actually, it looks just the same.

Level 11
and Wc3sear.ch was a wierd name for a website especially with that .ch at the end, Hiveworkshop.com is very simple and a lot easier to remember :p hehe

Level 11
lol didnt realize this thread would get this big... lol but anyway, im just used to .com .org .net , etc always being at the end lol the .ch was unknown to me until now :D hehe

Rui

Rui

Level 41
o wow didnt even notice that :D haha
'.ch' is simply the net domain for the Swiss. It is quite common.
Well, I'm not sure (that is why I put the emoticon in there, I hope it didn't pass the wrong message). If .ch is the net domain for Swiss, Darky most likely took advantage of the name and did that little trick.

EDIT: What I mean is that I'm sure that «sear»+«ch» is supposed to have the meaning «search», just not why Darky chose it.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure (that is why I put the emoticon in there, I hope it didn't pass the wrong message). If .ch is the net domain for Swiss, Darky most likely took advantage of the name and did that little trick.

Yeah. As Arkidas stated Darky used a 'domain' hack. I also think that Darky came from the Swiss according to a staff profile I read long time ago.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
VGsatomi told me he got hooked up by real life and... World of Warcraft. I remember speaking to him once and him telling me that Darky was still making a name of himself in WoW. Then I told him what an irresponsibility it was. What I don't remember is what VGsatomi answered then (or if he ever answered at all).

VGsatomi told me he got hooked up by real life and... World of Warcraft. I remember speaking to him once and him telling me that Darky was still making a name of himself in WoW. Then I told him what an irresponsibility it was. What I don't remember is what VGsatomi answered then (or if he ever answered at all).

Or I remember hearing something about that. I think VG and you were kinda openly talking about that in wc3s chat long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.