• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hiveworkshop / wc3sear.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok lets try to reinstate what i was trying to say from the beginning:

Hiveworkshop does not have the amount of models(including quality) that will satisfy most people, especially me. Also wc3sear.ch had much more models, skins, and icons (for instance if i wanted a scientist model or skin, i bet 100euros that there would be one, but oh no not at hive, cuz we have to have the very selective cream of the crop models(which suck anyways))

The Hive Workshop (as a site) can control the amount of models/files that are uploaded onto the sight, and they can set guide lines for the quality of models that are uploaded. However, the quality of models is something only the modeler can deal with. Do not complain to the hosting site that the models are not enough quality for your liking, the hosting site does not make the models!

Level 45
You brag about the amount of models? The running of hive has ACTUAL MODERATION, thus a large reason for a lack of models and the large removal of some.

1. wc3sear had issues with wc3anvil as its file hoster, so ALOT of sear's resources WERE NOT EVEN down loadable AT ALL.

2. The transfer SAVED the resources, and I'm sure the ones that were missing or not transfered were a large part of the already broken models at sear. Transferring such a large amount isn't easy and I doubt you had the time or space to do it so be grateful someone is doing it for the good of EVERYONE.

3. THE MODEL SECTION WAS CLEANED, so you can use models that WORK.
REMOVAL OF BAD MODELS=A PORTION OF TOTAL MODELS GONE. LACK OF LOGIC HMM!?

4. The site was filled with bugs, horrible setup and slow.

5. No updates, poor management, lack of rules and no more moderation (or at least 1 friggin small portion)

6. The resources at wc3sear.... alot of them were duplicates, stolen, simple, buggy, over filed sized, ripped and incomplete. Would you prefer that or filtered working and quality models?

7. Hive enforced quality, encouragement and rights over resources rather than constant dumping of crap.

8. Your complaint is INVALID and SELFISH, now do you see WHY you are being so called "under attack" ?

9. The sear community was filthy, flame filled (me being a part of that) and filled with 6 year old retards.

10. You fail.

EDIT:YOUR opinion on QUALITY is YOUR OPINION, not the friggin worlds. I dont get it, you brad about amount at sear, and then you brag about the quality isnt "good" at hive. Honestly, your opinion is ..just stupid. The judgment over hives resources isnt solely moderated by one person, but the staff/moderators as a TEAM.
You are just some lurker at sear, you were not apart of its community and you only join this one to bitch, pick and want, honestly...who the hell do you think you are to complain over management.
Hive isnt a friggin canteen or candy shop. NOT EVERYONE LIKES THE RED LOLLIES, grow up.

and if i get my post reported just because I sound hostile, then....may god have mercy on us all.

Level 26
Sir Egomaniac II said:
ok lets try to reinstate what i was trying to say from the beginning:

Hiveworkshop does not have the amount of models(including quality) that will satisfy most people, especially me. Also wc3sear.ch had much more models, skins, and icons (for instance if i wanted a scientist model or skin, i bet 100euros that there would be one, but oh no not at hive, cuz we have to have the very selective cream of the crop models(which suck anyways))
Do you know why some models from wc3search don't make it to the hive? BECAUSE THEY FUCKING SUCK. Some of our "cream of the crop" models might not be quality, but they meet qualifications. Do you know what those are? Do you know how much time one might waste swimming through swamps of utter shit? I'm sorry you have a fascination with scummy models, but the other 99% of the world doesn't. In other words,
"I have only one hand. I demand that they make a counterstrike game that can work for one handed people!"
"That's too fucking bad."
Sir Cantspellhominem IV said:
it is valid to use ad hominum against another person using ad hominum (revenge :)
1. No, it's not. Guess what fighting fire with fire makes? MORE FIRE, LOL. For someone trying to wave around logical fallacies, you sure don't know much about them. Do you know what tu quoque means?
2. The "insulting of your sentence structure" was AFTER your brain cell comment, so not only is your argument completely invalid, it was against yourself.

Last edited:
Level 1
wow anger towards me is reaching an all time peak, racist against Arabians lol!...btw werewulf your aim doesnt work i wish to speak with you

Level 27
Because "usta have one..." is obviously a legitimate AIM SN.
And we aren't being racist in the least, once again you fail to grasp the fact that YOU ARE NOT EVERYONE.
You are not every member of the Hive that decides quality.
You are not every Arabian.
Get over your ego trip, unfortunately you must learn the world isn't about you.
--donut3.5--

Level 26
wow anger towards me is reaching an all time peak, racist against Arabians lol!...
wow, off-topicness is reaching an all time peak, racist against intelligence lol!...
btw werewulf your aim doesnt work i wish to speak with you
Now this is just a random stab, but perhaps this has something to do with the fact that it's listed as "usta have one..."
Do you know her personally, or do you just want to? ;)

Level 1
no i wanted to talk with her on her report on me, but when i try to add, it says invalid username

Level 45
btw werewulf your aim doesnt work i wish to speak with you
Oh..what do you think my aim is? Refresh my memory, is your aim to start a fight, emo whine, be a selfish little tool or actually give a CONSTRUCTIVE COMPLAINT TO HELP IMPROVE THE SITE?!

Honestly kid, I want to hear a DIRECT answer this time, not some smart ass reply to arouse flaming.

EDIT: and learn to type kid, an argument/point/complaint or any form of text communication SUFFERS since you are shit at typing.

If you wish to talk to me, then do it here, I sure DO HOPE its related to the whole point of you making this thread.

Level 26
TA DAH! INTRODUCING THE PM SYSTEM!
Now, do you have a valid rebuttal, or should we ignore the elephant in the room?

Oh..what do you think my aim is? Refresh my memory, is your aim to start a fight, emo whine, be a selfish little tool or actually give a CONSTRUCTIVE COMPLAINT TO HELP IMPROVE THE SITE?!
He meant AIM. You see, this is why you capitalize. It clarifies the meanings ("Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" vs "helping your uncle jack off a horse", or "I get PMs all the time" vs "i get pms all the time").

Level 1
sorry about that i did mean AIM but for some reason AIM does not accept your account name...anyways i do have a valid rebutttal to all of your points, but may have to log off soon since where i live, its 2 in the morning

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
im really dissapointed in the organization and navigation of this site...wc3sear had many more models,skins, and maps to choose from and had a more diverse and active site. It was a sad day when wc3sear went offline....and the people of hiveworkshop could not even try to import ALL of the files from wc3sear, which is utter fail on their part
Well. Nuke. Maybe I wasn't the best to do it. So why did you not do it?

Level 45
TA DAH! INTRODUCING THE PM SYSTEM!
Now, do you have a valid rebuttal, or should we ignore the elephant in the room?

He meant AIM. You see, this is why you capitalize. It clarifies the meanings ("Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" vs "helping your uncle jack off a horse", or "I get PMs all the time" vs "i get pms all the time").

He isnt getting my aim if he is now asking for it and the reason why it doesnt work for him (invalid account name) is because he clearly cant read what i posted as my name for the AIM.

Level 26
sorry about that i did mean AIM but for some reason AIM does not accept your account name...anyways i do have a valid rebutttal to all of your points, but may have to log off soon since where i live, its 2 in the morning
You should have been a Blizzard employee. You clearly can make a better Evasion skill than they.

Level 9
I get a good giggle now everytime i read that "Helping your Uncle Jack off a horse".
A good laugh there.

And there is really nothing left to say.. Just tell Nuke that you can't get the models and let him say whatever he wants to say about the site. It's pathetic that he has a response to "We filtered out non-downloadable/non-working files", and idetifies his response as a COUNTER-claim..?!?!?! really.. Just drop it and let him say stupid things. The Hive is still going to be here when he's done rambling.

Nuke770, I suggest you make a request for a model you'd like to see and accept that wc3sear.ch is gone.

Level 12
Had Ralle not transferred the resources wed have nothing... literally nothing. It was just fortunate that ralle had an active wc3 site - Hive with lots of spare space and was was willing to do the transfer.

I do agree thou not on models really, but mainly the model effects, skins & icons, its a shame so much was lost. Loosing 100's of WoW models & 'footman with different weapon' was no big deal.
I dont know why ppl bother complaining about the maps, do Ppl honestly search through thousands of maps just to try out 4 year old ones?

About those buggy and crappy models:

Those models may not fulfill hive quality standard and they might not even function perfectly ingame, but many of them can be slightly edited to work correctly and some flaws are not capital (come on, just because it does not have portrait does not mean that is useless).

And the correct inequation is Usefulness > Quality. Seriously, who needs 10 of high quality demons, which can be found everywhere. This way, for example, a low quality scientist model/skin has more value that just another demon. And the skin section quality standards are strict as at wc3c. Which is not strange as all moderators there are wc3c veterans. :bored:

And the thing I do not like on this site is the resource searching system. Not long ago it worked correctly, but now is worthless to use it, thus more difficult to find desired resources, as there is already something what Nuke is searching for. Dunno why Ralle fuxxored already working system. :confused:

Maps moderating system works good to prevent too much garbage, while is not that selective as at wc3c, where Capt'n argument to ignore the map is because 'it had no fun playing it'.

Jeez! I rate this thread
ratedrforretardedoy9.jpg

*sigh* In short, Ralle transfered everything, Ralle uploaded everything, a half was crappy, a quarter was deleted by their creators, the Hive did it's best, the Hive is still a WIP in my opinion and the Hive is the best modding site. End of story!

Resource moderators ftw!

Level 32
Werewulf's post was so accurate and informative that I'll simply quote a portion of it for the record:
1. wc3sear had issues with wc3anvil as its file hoster, so ALOT of sear's resources WERE NOT EVEN down loadable AT ALL.

2. The transfer SAVED the resources, and I'm sure the ones that were missing or not transfered were a large part of the already broken models at sear. Transferring such a large amount isn't easy and I doubt you had the time or space to do it so be grateful someone is doing it for the good of EVERYONE.

3. THE MODEL SECTION WAS CLEANED, so you can use models that WORK.
REMOVAL OF BAD MODELS=A PORTION OF TOTAL MODELS GONE. LACK OF LOGIC HMM!?

4. The site was filled with bugs, horrible setup and slow.

5. No updates, poor management, lack of rules and no more moderation (or at least 1 friggin small portion)

6. The resources at wc3sear.... alot of them were duplicates, stolen, simple, buggy, over filed sized, ripped and incomplete. Would you prefer that or filtered working and quality models?

7. Hive enforced quality, encouragement and rights over resources rather than constant dumping of crap.

8. Your complaint is INVALID and SELFISH, now do you see WHY you are being so called "under attack" ?

9. The sear community was filthy, flame filled (me being a part of that) and filled with 6 year old retards.
As time goes by, The Hive Workshop will continue to develop based on value-added experience.

[off-topic] Please keep this discussion friendly. Thanks.

Level 36
Yeah the fact remains, no matter what, Wc3Sear.ch was going to die.

Thanks to OUR kindness wc3sear.ch got saved.

Would you rather have let everything disappear forever? That's what would have happened if we didn't come along, so you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to complain about.

The bottom line is that you're lucky you have access to any resources at all. People take time out of their lives to make them for you, then Ralle takes time and money out of his life to host them for you, and all you give a shit about is "AH MAH GAHD YOU GUYZ ONLY HAVE 44 PAGES OF TEH MODLZ!1!!11 WHY CANZ I HAVS MOAR NARUTO?!?!?!"

Step down off your throne and learn to appreciate what you have, you should be damned grateful for it.

Yeah the fact remains, no matter what, Wc3Sear.ch was going to die.

Thanks to OUR kindness wc3sear.ch got saved.

Would you rather have let everything disappear forever? That's what would have happened if we didn't come along, so you have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to complain about.

The bottom line is that you're lucky you have access to any resources at all. People take time out of their lives to make them for you, then Ralle takes time and money out of his life to host them for you, and all you give a shit about is "AH MAH GAHD YOU GUYZ ONLY HAVE 44 PAGES OF TEH MODLZ!1!!11 WHY CANZ I HAVS MOAR NARUTO?!?!?!"

Step down off your throne and learn to appreciate what you have, you should be damned grateful for it.

QFT 101% Now stop complaining, and if you don't like this place, go make your own site if you're sooooo smart!

Level 25
wow anger towards me is reaching an all time peak, racist against Arabians lol!...btw werewulf your aim doesnt work i wish to speak with you

No, you did NOT just bring racism into this topic

As we can tell from this, you are, in fact, a little crybaby. Who cannot win even a simple game of logic in an attempt to explain why his view is better

No one gives a damn about your race. Your stupidity, however, is of great concern to us all and does not bode well for the continued survival of the human race

Don't even get me started about your hideous typing. Don't you know you're supposed to press the "shift" key at the start of sentences? And that these symbols, ', go in contractions?

Please learn how to type and save me the trouble of having to decipher the diarrhea that is your posts

Useful to whom? You can obviously see on a bunch of high quality models people are like "WOW THIS IS AWESOME IMA USE THIS IN MY MAP!"
Whether they do or not I cannot tell, but if they were willing to say that, its obviously useful to them.
--donut3.5--

Because they DO NOT use them in their maps, they just go 'ZOMG! TEH KOOL 1337 MODUL!', they look at him once and they even do not bother to download it to test it ingame to see its functionality.

And Nuke770, you have never been a member of wc3search thus you have no right to speak. Moreover, please do not saying anything about racism, that's why I hate certain black people, as you say something against them , they call you racist, regardless what is about.

Level 32
This discussion is getting off-topic and is no longer productive, so let's sum things up:
  1. That website, while very useful, was rather mismanaged and eventually abandoned by its creator.

2. Ralle took those steps he found to be necessary in order to preserve the community and its resources for posterity.

3. Many of those imported resources did not meet Hive Workshop standards and were therefore rejected.

4. Over time, our resource database will far exceed that of the old site.

This inquiry has been fully explored, addressed and answered.

~ Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.