• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I've Been Gone 2 Years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
...from Wc3Sear and it seems alot has changed. After deciding to make a new map for Warcraft III, and check out Sear.ch for some models and such, I was surprised to see a new site. What happened to wc3sear? I noticed alot of models that were on wc3sear are no longer here...did the site crash or something?

Also, I can't seem to find a Hero glow model. You know, the one that's just the base glow that you can attach to units by using the origin bone. Again with the lost models, I don't suppose anyone has those old two Goblin tanks? One had the large gun, the other had some sort of lightning rod on it. They were really good, and it's too bad to lose those.

Finally, after 2 years, are there Art tools for Max 7 yet? It's so frustrating to need a basic FX model and not be able to make it due to the version of Max I have.

The reason I posted this in World Editor? I have a Trigger question...I want to be able to check to see if a unit has a certain upgrade before running a trigger. Are there any Conditions that can do this? Upgrade Comparison doesn't work. I don't want to make the Trigger turn on when the upgrade is done, because it's a Multiplayer map and would be tough to make it work.

Thanks for reading,

iron_warrior.

...from Wc3Sear and it seems alot has changed. After deciding to make a new map for Warcraft III, and check out Sear.ch for some models and such, I was surprised to see a new site. What happened to wc3sear? I noticed alot of models that were on wc3sear are no longer here...did the site crash or something?

Also, I can't seem to find a Hero glow model. You know, the one that's just the base glow that you can attach to units by using the origin bone. Again with the lost models, I don't suppose anyone has those old two Goblin tanks? One had the large gun, the other had some sort of lightning rod on it. They were really good, and it's too bad to lose those.

Finally, after 2 years, are there Art tools for Max 7 yet? It's so frustrating to need a basic FX model and not be able to make it due to the version of Max I have.

The reason I posted this in World Editor? I have a Trigger question...I want to be able to check to see if a unit has a certain upgrade before running a trigger. Are there any Conditions that can do this? Upgrade Comparison doesn't work. I don't want to make the Trigger turn on when the upgrade is done, because it's a Multiplayer map and would be tough to make it work.

Thanks for reading,

iron_warrior.

Wow, Youre faaaaarrr behind in teh news. :eekani: :eek:

The admin for wc3sear dissapeared, and the site started haveing problems (I think with bandwith or something), and there was no admin to help them fix it..

I dont know much about it so other people will have to tell you a more disscriptive explaintion.

Mostly ALL the mdoles and other reasorses did get put on this site, only WoW models and trashy terrible models weren't put on this site.

Maybe the other models youre looking for are on wc3c?

Level 8
Welcome back iron_warrior, although i never saw you cuz in the wc3sear forums i never entered ....

And :Guyz, the man is also asking for a trigger ...

To iron_warrior : The only condition that include tech is the Tech Comparison. If you want you may ask Kixxer to make you this trigger (though he makes only spells ... anyway). In order to make this work, you just must make the trigger run after the tech is researched.

To not create problems to your map, you may do copies of the trigger you want to be activated, for each player. When someone finishes the upgrade, you just activate the trigger attached to the selected player.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
There are stickies in the Site Discussion that might be able to answer your questions. Keep in mind they're slightly outdated.

Do not forget:

I liked the change, Hive Workshop is faster and has an active owner, unlike wc3s. wc3search shall not be forgotten, though.

Additionally, the condition you're looking for might be in boolean comparison.

Happy mapping :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.