• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Heresy - RPG - Experts required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello there,

A few of you may know me through my constant badgering and asking around for help on these forums and thehelper.net, others might not know me at all.

I'm working on an RPG which will be split into 3 parts, designed to be played in sequence.

Currently the 1st part, named, Heresy: The Beginning, is in its early stages. I have everything planned and worked out and know exactly how everything will slot together and hopefully how it will all fall into place to become a truly epic map at the end of it.

One potential problem area is that I have no knowledge of JASS. This really is only a minor problem area as far as creating a load and save feature goes. Since many of the abilities in the RPG will be stat-orientated and require little if any JASS.

Anyone on the permanent team will have an extensive say in what they feel should and should not BE in the map. Also, the permanent team should be active atleast 3 or 4 times a week for an hour or so.

So as of right now I am looking for:
Mapper - with extensive Terrain and Doodad knowledge.
Mapper - with decent trigger knowledge
Coder - with excelent JASS knowledge

If you consider yourself any of the above, and you are from the United Kingdom or speak fluent english - please post your name followed by your BattleNet name and gateway.

It is preferable if applicants also maintained one form of other communication (MSN, AIM, Yahoo Messenger)

This project has a rough deadline of August the 20th.

Thank you!

Level 5
Good point! Knew I'd forgotten to tell you something ^^.

The RPG is called the Heresy for it follows an epic tale of deceit and murder as the Doom Legion make for one final assault on Azeroth. So yes, as you can see the RPG is based heavily on Warcraft and I'll admit it does 'borrow' from WoW, but the way it's hopefully going to be constructed will create a dynamic and vibrant combat system, which people who play on BNet will not recognise.

The main theme of the RPG is to destroy an ancient artefact buried in the ancient crypts of old Azjol-Nerub. However that will be in the 3rd instalment.

During the first and second instalment, players will be undertaking many quests and subplots to aid them in leveling up and gaining decent equipment to take on the Arachnian Ghosts of Azjol-Nerub.

A few main quests:
1. Discovering the Blight in Old Hills farm
2. Destroying a cult whom claim responsibility for the Blight.
3. Destroying Azgaran the Yellow, first boss, plague-mutant
4. Discovering that Azgaran was only a minor link in the chain.
5. Recoveringing Azgaran's Journal
6. Destroying granary stockpiles for fear of contamination [sound familiar?]
7. Encountering Felguards and Ice Minions - a threat once thought extinct.
8. Helping the Tauren Mystics set up ward spells against the threat.
9. Travelling North.

A few subquests:
1. Aiding the Royal Apothecary in finding a cure for Blight-Sickness.
[Once this has been complete, players may save their Overall XP and unlock the Undead Race]
2. Finding Master Gerans' Anvil
[This unlocks the weaponsmith and armorsmith professions if a player has saved his or her Overall XP]
3. Discovering the Naga of the Veiled Sea in the travels North.
[If a player is lucky to spot a naga, and even luckier enough to come close enough to cast 'Call' to the unit, the Naga race will be unlocked for future use.

Even Less Important Skill Quests [These skills are gained through minigames played in the RPG]
1. Tauren Totem Trials:
Gain Totem of Warding [totem that negates enemy spells and abilities]
Gain Totem of Farsight [totem that has massive sight radius]
Gain Totem of Restoration [totem that heals all nearby friendlies]
Gain Totem of Obliteration [totem that attacks all nearby enemies]
2. Elf Birth Rites:
Gain Shadowmeld [windwalk +duration +movespeed +backstab damage]
Gain Restorative Magics [+chance to heal on every attack taken]
Gain Truesight [+% critical strike]
3. Undead:
Gain Voidwalker [no respawn time and the ability to slip into another dimension]
Gain The Curse [+% chance that units you kill are reborn as Cursed Ones]
Gain Vampiric Thirst [when activated: +w lifesteal, +x damage, +y movespeed, and take z damage a sec until you make a kill]

These are just to name a few. The minigames will take place as the entire team of adventures set out to a different area of the map - [like in diablo 2, when you take the caravan east to Lut Gholein for example], when all required quests in one area are complete, all players will be asked if they want to travel to their next destination - as they 'travel' the minigames are loaded.

Now if you think it just sounds like your same old WoW/RPG/boring 'just another WC3 map' type thing. I'm hoping to implement an Item system which i have been working on for some time now. It will allow for extensive item modifications through the use of professions.

Enhancement Magics
You can add fireball, blink, storm hammer, breath of fire, or practically ANY WC3/TFT 'point and click' spell to a weapon.
You can add evasion, thorns, heal-on-hit, +hp, +mana, +% to find loot, and many others to a piece of armor.
You can add Knockback and Stun along with +hp and +mana to shields.
[with plenty more]
All through this one profession.

Alchemy
Create poisons to enhance your weapons, or required for assassin specific quests.
Create potions and liquids varying from: flammable, healing, enhancing, explosive etc.
Alchemy also allows you to 'transmute' raw materials into other raw materials for different professions:
etc: transmute 1 coal [weapon/armor smith] into 3 blackthorn berries [alchemy]

Weapon/Armor Smith
Create over 300+ different armors, shields, weapons, leggings, gauntlets, out of leather, steel, iron, dragonhide, wolfhide, and thunderlizard pelts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.