• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Great Siege 1.0b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: krisserz
Hi! This is my first map, so I tried to make something good and easy at the same time. Hope you like it!

History

The Great Siege is a map where the battle between orcs and humans returns, now in the coasts of Lordaeron. Orcs have landed, but with an unexpected surprise: their powers have been greatly improved by the using of demon's blood, and they are leaded by one of the incredibly powerful Pit Lords. On the other side, humans are leaded by Admiral Proudmoure, a strong man, adept in fighting with swords, but no specially skilled, and his Frigate's Captain, an african man who may be deadly, even when fighting with his arms.

Gameplay

In this map each side has 4 selectable heroes (1 each player), 1 lead group (Proudmoure, the captain and 6 Footmen for humans, a fel Kodo, 6 fel Grunts and fel Hellscream for orcs) and a main army (Swordsmans, Archers and a Blood Elf Lieutant; Grunts, Incursors, Orc Chiefs and 2 Blademasters).

Victory Conditions

Both teams have a main building (City Headquarters ; Blood Fountain). Each team has to protect its main building and destroy the others. Main buildings have their own attack: City Headquarters have a very fast and weak piercing attack, while the Blood Fountain has a slow, high-damaged chaos attack. These attacks are meant for support, not main defense, because then you will loose in less than 5 minutes

Strategy

Orcs are invading by the coast, so they dont have walls or nothing, just 4 towers, but they have a lot of strong troops, thing that turns the game in their favour. Also the Kodo gives them a stronger attack, and the Tauren Chieftain has Endurance Aura, increasing their speed, and getting really strong. The only bad thing is that fel Grunts have normal attack, I removed the chaos because of map's balance.
Humans are out-numbered, that gives them a bad offense, and their main army starts attacked by a group of grunts (which isn't small, even less if it is supported by 3 warlocks and Drak-thul), so after that they get completely down. The good aspect of them is that they have walls, so they can only be attacked by the front, and even only after destroying the door. Also, Admiral's troops have the captain, which is a VERY strong hero, believe me, it may not be unbalanced, because humans have him.

Players

For both teams: 1-4 are Selectable Heroes, 5 is Elite (Hero plus a small group of units) and 6 its main army.

Secrets

There are 2 secret units, and well protected, not including you have to buy them, so... Focus looking for 'em!

My own calification to the map:

Terrain: 10/100 (Yeah, it sucks, I'll improve it on the next version)
Gameplay: 70/100 (Acceptable, that's the good point of it)
Items: 25/100 (Also poor, but I don't want heroes to be Item-based)
Units: 50/100 (Standard units, slightly modified, nothing else)
Heroes: 65/100 (Another acceptable point, while being only 6 heores per side is nothing)
Total: 44/100 (Poor)

PD: I've included it as AoS, because I don't know what to put there, and it's kinda similar
Any Bugs or Reports, contact SmileMe on Ombuserver (Spanish-Talking server, mainly South America) or e-mail me at [email protected]

Keywords:
Orcs, Humans, Siege, Lordaeron
Contents

The Great Siege 1.0b (Map)

Reviews
21:48, 29th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 18
Total: 44/100 (Poor)
How you`ve counted this?

Terrain: There is no terrain on the map. 0/100, or OK let it be 1/100, because there is general draw of the map regions
Heroes: Basic Wc3 heroes with very big max lvl, but skills finish standardly at 10. Again 1/100
Units: Basic wc3 units not prepared for heroes, whos lvls are 20+. Again 1/100
Items: ...? 0/100
Gameplay: Gameplay is poor, lacks an action and other fun stuff. 7/100.
Total: I still don`t know how you`ve counted this. I`d give it 10/100, so 1 and rejection.

P.S. AoS-styled maps are like DotA. Creeps moving by few lines and heroes helping them get in enemy base. This map is... I think it`s seemed to be defense-styled map.

Level 2
I know what is AoS, man, but it's no defense styled, and that of no rating, well ^^, i know that my map it's bullshit, but i just wanted to try :'(. Ok, next time i'l recruit someone for terrain, and maybe i will accept foreign ideas
Oh, and the only good thing of the map is the description (that cant be denied)

Last edited: