• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

The Glow Effect Doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I followed the instructions and added aura into my Import Manager, then i changed the art-model field to the custom aura, but the model changed to only the aura, the original model doesnt exist anymore. I also dont get the part on how to add the model on a unit without a dummy ability.

If you can , can u help me?

Level 32
  • In order for anyone to help, you'll have to include hyperlinks to the specific resource(s) in question so that we know exactly what you're working with.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Deadparrot? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

~ Thread moved to WEHZ.

Level 14
There are two ways to give a unit model a Hero Glow effect - with dummy abilities and with triggers.

To do it with a dummy ability, you could create a new ability off of an ability like Sphere. Change the Art - Missile Arc to 0, Art - Missile Art to none, Art - Missile Speed to 0, Art - Target to Aura.mdx (Or whatever path for your Aura model) Art - Target Attachment Point 1 to origin, the other Art - Target Attachment Point 2&3 to none, and Art - Target Attachments to 1. Then give that ability to your Hero under Abilities - Normal.
If the glow model doesn't have the same color as the unit, then you could use this action at Map Initialization...
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Custom Glow for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Change color of (Picked unit) to (Color of (Owner of (Picked unit)))
*If you base it off another ability, make sure it's a unit ability.

Another way is that you could manually give the unit the glow model with triggers at map initialization like
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to YourHero)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Aura.mdx
but then you would need to repeat that trigger every time for each unit-type.

Level 2
There are two ways to give a unit model a Hero Glow effect - with dummy abilities and with triggers.

To do it with a dummy ability, you could create a new ability off of an ability like Sphere. Change the Art - Missile Arc to 0, Art - Missile Art to none, Art - Missile Speed to 0, Art - Target to Aura.mdx (Or whatever path for your Aura model) Art - Target Attachment Point 1 to origin, the other Art - Target Attachment Point 2&3 to none, and Art - Target Attachments to 1. Then give that ability to your Hero under Abilities - Normal.
If the glow model doesn't have the same color as the unit, then you could use this action at Map Initialization...
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Custom Glow for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
*If you base it off another ability, make sure it's a unit ability.

Another way is that you could manually give the unit the glow model with triggers at map initialization like
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to YourHero)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Aura.mdx
but then you would need to repeat that trigger every time for each unit-type.

can you be a little more clear please, such as listing the event, condition and then the action.

Level 2
ya i no im a little slow on triggers, but can u send me ur trigger by message or by attaching it? if u can then thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.