• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Elder Scrolls ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The Elder Scrolls Open Role-playing Game

Foreword

Good day, fellow mappers. A few weeks ago an idea struck me like lightning; an open role-playing game based upon Bethesda Softwork's The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Morrowind.

Yes, yes, I know; it is very hard, which part of the reason I took the idea like a bar of gold.

Somehow, I think this map will be enjoyable both in the in-game playing aspect as well as the creation stage.

Features

* Load/Save Hero Experience System
* 9 TES Races: Imperial, Nord, Orc, Breton, High Elf, Dark Elf, Redguard, Argonian, Khajiit
* 45 Unique Heroes to choose from (5 heroes from every race)
* All Custom Abilities
* Advanced NPC-Player Interaction
* Choose your own difficulty level
* Many Custom Models, skins and icons featured
* Many different environments; from tree-covered forests to subterranean caverns to cities to icy, snow-topped mountains.
* A huge storyline corresponding from where TES: Oblivion left off
* Many, many unique and fun optional quests
* Select your Star Sign and reap in its unique benefits
* Creatures based upon the TES universe
* Many, many new custom, unique items
* Join the Fighter's Guild or te Mage's Guild
* Maximum level of heroes = 200
* Portals leading into Oblivion itself
* Comit a crime and get caught leads you to three options: Resist Arrest, Pay Fine or Go to Jail
* Fight alongside not only your human friends but with the Imperial Legion
* Craft your own potions, poisons and toxins from Alchemic ingredients.
* Acquire masterful spellbooks home to a veriety of customs spells I couldn't fit into the hero abilities.
* A few new images,icons and texts in the Game interface.
* A clever yet costly revival system
* Gain or lose unique "Reputation Points" with the Imperial Kingdom, effecting your disposition or glory in the imperial society.
* Create, customize and buy your very own warrior pet; from bears to wolves to boars.
* Explore an epic, vast world of unimaginable fantasy.
* Every choice you make in "Quest Choice Events" will effect the fate of the Imperial Kingdom.

Storyline

The defeat of Merhunes Dagon, the daedric Prince of destruction has finally come. The disappearance of Martin Septim and the re-lighting of the holy dragonfires as well as the reunion of the blades are some of the few events that have taken place. The citizens of Tamriel can finally sleep well in their beds at night, knowing any daedric threats have been eliminated. Kvatch, the fallen city, has been rebuilt. The empire has finally come to a state of happiness and stability.

That was four years ago.
Cyrodiil has been abondoned because of a mysterious disease and the empire has moved into the western province of Hammerfell, where they hope to find peace.
Far from it.
The new Daedric Prince ,Jerlune Konnash, has discovered a way to once again gain entrance to the realm of Tamrie to avenge his predecessor. All humanity looks ahea with a sorrowful fate.

That is, until a courageous group of adventurers band together to save the kingdom from doom at the hands of the Daedra: You, and your companions.

At first, you are regarded as nothing more than hopeful travellers attempting to gain a reputation.
Little do you know of the incredible destiny that awaits you as you venture into the amazing, breath-taking world of Tamriel, home to the Elder Scrolls
The rest of the storyline follow in-game. I do not wish to release it currently.

Main Characters: Martin Septim, Juaffre, Jerlune Konnash, Chancellor Ocato, Aurrius (An enslaved daedric warrior), Players, Necromancer Shakra

Progress

Current stage of production: v0.0.4 (Release version: 0.1.0)
Starting work date: 2008/07/24

I'm currently still in the early stages of my project's developement, so it may take awhile until release.

To-Do list:
* Create other weather-unique environments
* Make more optional quests
* Complete custom hero creation
* Finish configuring difficulty modes
* Create more custom abilities
* Balance Map
* Finish Fighter's Guild Quest Chain
* Complete Creep spawn
* Finish planning Storyline
* Create more interactive NPCs
* Add second-layer terrain

Resource Bibliography

http://www.hiveworkshop.com (Thanks guys, :wink: )
Welcome to Wc3Campaigns

Preview

Following are a few in-game screenshots I have taken of the first beta version, meaning it is far from complete. I will attach more as I progress.
P.S: The "Cheating is BAD" comment I "said" was the auto response when you type in a cheat, which is what I did to clear up the fog of war for better quality screenshots.

THE OFFICIAL TES ORPG TRAILER VIDEO CAN BE VIEWED AT THIS LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blko_JoO6mc

Attachments

• ORPG Preview 01.jpg
    ORPG Preview 01.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 280
  • ORPG Preview 02.jpg
    ORPG Preview 02.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 273
  • ORPG Preview 03.jpg
    ORPG Preview 03.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 264
  • ORPG Preview 04.jpg
    ORPG Preview 04.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 229
  • ORPG Preview 05.jpg
    ORPG Preview 05.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 214
  • ORPG Preview 06.jpg
    ORPG Preview 06.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 183
  • ORPG Preview 07.jpg
    ORPG Preview 07.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 171
  • ORPG Preview 08.jpg
    ORPG Preview 08.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 187
  • ORPG Preview 09.jpg
    ORPG Preview 09.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 190
  • ORPG Preview 10.jpg
    ORPG Preview 10.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Level 7
Ah. I never saw that. Anyway, I still will continue with my project, as I think their edition and my edition will be different in styling e.t.c (whether its for the good or for the worse, lol)

Oziriz, I believe you because I saw your Tales of Darkness RPG preview; awesome.
Anyway, I will continue updating as my ORPG project progresses into late stages.

Thanks for your support, fellow mappers.

Level 22
several flaws in the storyline.
1.Martin never survived,(he's the dragon at the Temple of One) there is no blood heir
2.Since the dragonfires have been relit with the amulet, no oblivion gates can ever be opened.
Suggestions: the Dark Brotherhood was the first guild that i joined in the game (i killed one of the monks at weynon priory for his katana XD) and i think it is the best guild in the game. i think it would be nice if you could add the dark brotherhood as a "secret" guild.
if you kill a person from the "civilian" team/faction w/e a message pops up saying someone watches you... i dunno. looks good so far.

Last edited:
Level 3
I LOVE ELDERSCROLLS 4 >.< BY FAR THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!(I downloaded everything except horse armor pack and 2 minor contents the thieves den and that fighters thing)

Level 7
several flaws in the storyline.
1.Martin never survived,(he's the dragon at the Temple of One) there is blood heir
2.Since the dragonfires have been relit with the amulet, no oblivion gates can ever be opened.
Suggestions: the Dark Brotherhood was the first guild that i joined in the game (i killed one of the monks at weynon priory for his katana XD) and i think it is the best guild in the game. i think it would be nice if you could add the dark brotherhood as a "secret" guild.
if you kill a person from the "civilian" team/faction w/e a message pops up saying someone watches you... i dunno. looks good so far.

Indeed, indeed. But I have that of that when I was planning, and I have a few surprises in store! I won't tell you, but Martin will be in the storyline, somehow. (Not as a fleshly human :p)
Also, the new daedric lord has found ancient artifacts allowing him to gain access to Tamriel.
And the Dark Brotherhood will be included, along with the Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild an another secret guild.

But, I think you deserve +rep for making me notice a another fatal flaw in my storyline (more of a typo). Fixed!

Level 7
thats good that the Dark brotherhood will be involved. good guild.
so, you wont include the Imperial city?

As in my storyline, the Imperial City in Cyrodiil has been abondoned due to the increasing amount of Oblivion Gates are being opened by the Daedric prince of destruction (Who has found a secret means of invading Tamriel).

However, a new Imperial City has been established in Hammerfell, and it is the spawning point for the player's heroes.

I've added the loading screen image I will use to the attachments, by the way.

Level 7
I have already created half the city, but I would appreciate your skills maybe even re-creating the city as well as a few suggestions or tips from anyody here reading this topic on the hero design; what abilities would you love to see the heroes you get to ick? Name it and describe it, and I'll make it either with JASS or default object Editor settings.

News
Currently, I'm working on a trailer for the project, and it's turning out good; sound effects, sub-videos and images.

Level 22
hmmm... what about those power attacks? like you hold down attack (in oblivion the game) and you do like a 2-3x damage

do you want a footman that better matches those archers you have?
what are the 5 heroes for imperials?(all i care about are the imperials)
i think having an Arena would be rad.

Level 7
hmmm... what about those power attacks? like you hold down attack (in oblivion the game) and you do like a 2-3x damage

do you want a footman that better matches those archers you have?
what are the 5 heroes for imperials?(all i care about are the imperials)
i think having an Arena would be rad.

I am looking for a better model for the Archers, as long as they're bowmen and are dressed as proper armoured soldiers.

The five imperial heroes are: Crusader, Gladiator, Cavalier, Huntsman, Brigadier

There will be an arena for duels between players vs players as well as players vs beasts.

Level 7
When you comit a crime, four Imperial watchguards are spawned and your unit is paused.
The guard will say: "Stop! You violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentance! Resist, and your life is forfeit!"

A dialogue will then pop up, giving you three options:

Pay Fine - 200 gold = Reduces your gold by 200 and removes the spawned guards. I put a condition in here checking that you HAVE 200 gold, btw.
Go to Jail = Your unit is moved into jail where you have to wait 120 seconds (Two minutes) before release.
Resist Arrest = The player "Imperial Watch", which consists of all the guards but not the legionaries, becomes hostile to you until you die; meaning all the guards are after you.

Only the spawned guards will always hunt you until they kill you or until they're killed, in that case a new group of guards will hunt you; the other guards will remain at their stations until you pass them, which means they'll run after you and attack you.

Level 7
Yes, they chase you until you're dead, basically. A squad consisting of eight guards will spawn in front of the gate, so there's no escape (unless your above level 40, lol). (Non-criminal players will be let through).

If you kill all of them, a new squad will be spawned at the entrance to the Royal palace (yes, there are interiors) and will run to attack you. If this happens twice, a massive group of 25 legionaries and two Imperial Captains will come after you, after being spawned from the barracks.

Level 7
I have deleted the outdated screenshots and posted newer, superior ones that display more updated quality.

I must say this project is going well and is keeping a steady progress rate and should be finished 'round about 20-30 September 2008.

Finallegacy, thanks for your comment, and ,yes, I will strive to do my utmost best to ensure this project's quality.

I'll keep you guys aware of the progress of The Elder Scrolls ORPG, as it is still in the early stages of production.

Farewell for now.

Level 4
Wow, nice screenies, but the minimap seems to be a bit small? Cities should be faaaaaaarer away. Do you add soemthing like... A teleport, wich is more like walking without worry about monsters... If it won't be clear: You'll Go from Point A (Your position) To point C without hitting Point B! But therefor you'll have to wait 160 seconds cast time till you'll teleport there, and while you are channeling, you can anytime abort it. So no worry about creeeps wich may harm you, when you want to hurry. But anyways for the dungeons or w/e you're making there, you can do something about a disable trigger to prevent people from cheating into them >.>

Level 7
The map size is 352x352, so space-based issues do not concern me. The minimap looks small because:

a) the map is far away from completed
b) "iseedeadpeople" is enabled for better quality screenshots.

And, yes, there will be a "teleportation" system, but not through means of magical arcane vortexes or things like that, I'll do it the traditional TES way: Striders or boats.

Level 3
OK, this is where you lose me....
When you commit a crime and guards jump out and give you the options
Thats nothing like in TES. Guards won't jump out until you have been reported. Make it so when you commit a crime a trigger checks if anyone is in range, if not then no one can report the crime and you should get away with it.

Level 7
OK, this is where you lose me....
When you commit a crime and guards jump out and give you the options
Thats nothing like in TES. Guards won't jump out until you have been reported. Make it so when you commit a crime a trigger checks if anyone is in range, if not then no one can report the crime and you should get away with it.

*Sigh*, I never said the guards will just jump out to you, I've added If/Then/Else functions checking if the attacking unit/triggering unit is in particular region (e.g: New Imperial City, Villages e.t.c) before the main part of the trigger executes. If you attack someone they will run away and eventually guards will be summoned. If you kill them first, you'll remain undiscovered unless someone else is nearby (hence another condition checkingif someone else is in the region as well).

Level 2
Omg i love elder scrolls lol... looking forward to this !

Have u devised a thievery system ? Maybe i can give some ideas. =D

Dwemer stuff is a MUST have.... lol.
But dont you think youre being a little too ambitious ? >.< I think the reputation system is non-essential...

Err just suggesting... dont take it the bad way. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.