• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Elder Scrolls Wars (Based on Elder Scrolls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
「Elder Scrolls Wars」

By Salvadorc17 and Toteman

6hsr.jpg

Gameplay
[tr]
This campaing is based on the history of Elder Scrolls game series, and all this content related is property of Bethesda.

Tamriel in 3rd Era, there was so much conflict and the history will tell different battles between the races of this game series, since the conquer of Imperial City by king Cuhlecain, almost the start of the Thalmor invasion ending this era.

Features
[tr]
-Custom campaing units based on elder scrolls.
-Many lore about the game series.
-Some new heroes.

Screenshots
[tr]

umqc.jpg

880u.jpg

p3mf.jpg

dtrk.jpg

Credits
[tr]
World Editor

Bethesda

Changelog
[tr]
V2.0 Added
3 Maps added some basic scenes
Atmhosphere and climates effect, terrain improvement
Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Comment and make suggestions, we are working in progress.
Note: This contain must bugs
Elder Scrolls game belongs to Bethesda.

Attachments

• ElderScrollsWars.w3n
    8.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmmm, judging from the screens, I'd say you're only currently starting terraining so I'll make a couple of suggestions. You could sort through a good chunk of tutorials to find the ones you need, I could also provide you with some advice on whatever you ask me about. Alternatively, you could post in the appropriate thread - either Project recruitment or Requests, and ask a terrainer to join your dev. team. I'll actually give you some of advice now. 1 - Don't use blizzard cliffs for organic mountains/hills, it looks unnatural and even a bit ugly. Probably the best way to make a cliff is to use the raise/lower tool and add some rock texture on the steep parts + pathing blockers or, if you have JNPG, you could change the tile's pathability. 2 - You should most definitely use custom models and textures. This is a campaign file, meaning you are not restricted file size-wise and you can import whatever your heart desires. However, it'd be a good idea to pick your models based on the type of atmosphere and feel you're trying to create. Mixing colorful and cartoonish models with High Resolution ones is usually a very bad idea, with a few exceptions. Lastly, Here are some models that I believe would suit a Elder Scrolls map better - B2M, Morphus, Ogre

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'd probably join if I had more time but the School Year has just started and I've got my own project which needs love as well.

Level 6
What is the best way to remake all the maps with custom models, becuase i dont want to start developt it again...

V2. Added.

Some atmosphere and climate effects added, more custom music from Skyrim added.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hmm...Elder Scrolls Wars....
WOW! Elder Scrolls in Warcraft 3!
I look at the screenshots
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :ogre_rage:
Don't disgrace a series of great games. If you do TES then do it at a decent level.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'll just repeat myself. You cannot make a good quality Elder Scrolls map without importing a decent amount of scenery doodads and unit models AND making custom units and spells. Warcaft 3's art style is very different from TES's. If you want your campaign to be rated more than a 3/5 [average] then you must try and replicate that art style, as well as the abilities seen in the games.

Level 6
You dont need to repeat it, i understand your point Dsgamer, by now im just making this "beta version" where i want to ilustrate the campaing gameplay, after all missions are completed, i will recreate the project using custom style models and textures, according to TES, but i asked for help with that, i cant do that alone, because by now there is no enough resources to fill the campaing graphic requeriments. I trough you understand.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Not enough resources? That is, in fact, completely untrue. Those resources I pointed out are but a fraction of all the high quality resources available on The Hive, Chaos Realms, Wc3c and ,if you don't mind rips, XGM.ru and Wc3underground. If need be, then editing already existent models and/or creating new ones can be achieved via "Requests". I understand that you want to get a playable version going before going out of your way to make it look the part though keep in mind that the terrain is the 2nd impression of the player, the dev thread/show thread being the first. Those are key and can mean the difference between getting people's interest and support and being ignored.

Small EDIT: If file size is what worries you, it shouldn't. Campaigns and Single Player maps are not limited in any way. I'd go as far as to say campaign files are those who can fit the most content out of all genres of wc3 files, mainly because they consist of several maps and thus you do not need to be afraid of having too many doodads/units.

Status
Not open for further replies.